“Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
“Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites last year and this year. We simply loved the room and the view from the balcony was breathtaking. Housekeeping did a wonderful job. The receptionist who checked us in was very nice and helpful. I needed a pharmacy quickly so my MD could phone a prescription and they even dialed the number for me. Love, love, love this place and will stay there again and again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your return visit! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are glad we have delivered consistent service. We look forward to seeing you again next year! Have a peaceful and prosperous year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the week for our friends wedding.
The view was great and room was clean.
the front desk was more than accommodating.
The room service food was really good and crazy fast with delivery(ordered 3 separate times).
The maid service for our room was AAAAAAMAZING. Her name is aimee. We needed our bed linens and towels washed in Dreft because of our newborn and they were more than wonderful and she changed our sheets daily, always had a stack of fresh Dreft towels, plus washed tub/toilet/sinks every. Single. Day. Plus vacuumed-one day in the week we had someone else and it was noticeable lol-- I'm tellin u. This Aimee chick was really commendable and thorough and we were in heaven!!!!
Now as far as the wedding? The wedding on the beach was great, the reception inside had a great view. The horderves (shrimp, cheese crackers, fruit) were tasty. The wait staff (from turkey) were SUPER friendly and everyone loved them--but every. Single. Persons. Meal was cold. Literally the butter didnt even melt on the baked potato. :(. The salmon I got was flavorful,but the broccoli was sad and not fresh at all, the potato hard....and all was cold. I asked the mother of the bride. She said theirs was cold too. I asked two other tables and same story. Booo!!the cookies for dessert were great though (like Nestlé toll house cookies-yum!) and the cake was good too. The Turkish waitstaff made up for the rumbling unhappy tummies though!
Sadly We won't come back to virginia beach again.
Loved the hotel but this place might as well have train tracks directly beside with trains running every two minutes because the jets flying overhead until 1am is just that loud or louder. Then they start back up at 4am--the noise is WICKED. it wakes my baby and 2yr old up daily even with a white noise sound machine going!! Wish the hotel notified us of this-although if they warned people my guess is that they would choose elsewhere to vacation? Jets normally fly 2-3 at a time plus every 10 min roughly (not consistent though) and they fly low so the noise is pretty ear deafening. "That's the sound of freedom" got pretty old pretty fast especially when ur paying $3,200 for the week and never getting a full nights sleep because if it.
Anyhow loved the hotel and adored Aimee and our Turkish staff!!!

• Stayed August 2013
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff was accommodating during your stay. I do apologize that you were not satisfied with portions of the meal served at the wedding reception and that the jets flying from the naval base were disturbing to you. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Never been to Virginia Beach, but was quite pleased with the beach and the hotel was perfect for our family. This is a great place for teenagers. All rooms have an oceanview and the hotel is only steps away from the beach. The beach is very clean, with umbrella and lounge chairs available to rent. At the hotel, the lobby is welcoming, and the breakfast buffet is large and excellent. As others have mentioned, there is a breakfast line, but it's worth the wait as they change the selections daily. The pool and bar are relaxing, though I didn't spend much time there as I prefer the ocean. Parking garage is tight, but was very pleased with free parking. Room service could have been better. It seemed like they just made beds and refreshed towels. Room size is very large and accommodating. Stayed 4 nights. Would definitely visit again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction during your recent stay. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. We do hope to see you again soon!
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This location is outstanding. I love being so close you can hear the waves crashing in. The entire hotel property is clean and well-kept. The staff is wonderful. We used to live in the Virginia Beach area and like to come back for a long weekend once a year. I think we may have found our place to stay! Our family enjoyed our oceanfront suite with balcony overlooking the beach. We also enjoyed the pool and pool bar with beach music playing.

We had 3 minor inconveniences that keep me from granting an excellent rating: (1) The chlorine odor in the indoor pool area was so strong, it made my eyes water and we had to leave within 5 minutes (2) The single file breakfast buffet line is set up inefficiently and the wait was more than 30 minutes unless you arrived before 7:30am (3) We vacated our room at 8am and returned at 2pm and the room wasn't cleaned. After a nap until 4, we found fresh towels left behind, which was thoughtful, but we would have preferred to have the room cleaned.

In spite of the above issues, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean, so you'll get a great room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to inform us about your visit. We are striving to provide you with the most comfortable and friendly environment possible. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our opportunity areas. We look forward to being your home away from home whenever you are in Virginia Beach!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great place to stay. The staff at this hotel is great. Sarah A. at the pool side bar and grill is a model of efficiency and customer service. She seems to work non stop on multiple orders and always has a smile. Very possible she is the best bartender I have ever come across. Taylor the valet/greeter also always had a smile and some friendly greetings. The housekeeping done mostly by Amy was spot on. There are a few little items that did not work properly in the rooms such as a loose bathroom door handle and the tub plug that would not seal so taking a bath was out, but they did not prevent us from enjoying our stay. Thanks again to the staff for providing us with a wonderful family vacation.

Room Tip: Pretty sure there are no bad rooms. All rooms look out on the beach and have unobstructed views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and the kind words about our staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting the Virginia Beach area. We are lucky to have people like Sarah and Taylor on our team to give such great attention to our guests and provide the kind of service that we strive for. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.
Montville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I travel quite frequently and for many years. I was so impressed by this hotel and staff. The morning breakfast is quite plentiful and good. I am allergic to pork and ask if there was any turkey sausage. Yasha(?) gleefully said it would there the next day and for sure it was there. The line for breakfast was long and while standing In line; they passed out bread. Anytime the food was low; they quickly replenished. They are such a happy staff. Before checking out, I provided my room number and time I was checking out. When I came downstairs, my car was waiting for me. I truly loved the property and the atmosphere. Also I needed a remote and asked at the front desk. As soon as I came to my room, the remote was delivered and tested. I received a call to ensure that the remote was received.

Room Tip: The hotel was extremely quiet. My room faced the ocean. Excellent
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff was accommodating during your stay. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and look forward to your visiting again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!
Pittsburgh, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our first time to Va Beach. Myself, wife and two daughters. We only stayed two nights but were very pleased with everything. Here's my scoop:
Pro's-easy check in, nice lobby. Everything was clean and the staff is always friendly. The king, two room suite was large enough and had a nice kitchenette. The beach front was very clean also. Anytime we asked for something, we got it quick, along with a follow-up confirmation call from the desk!
Con's-access to garage is a little tight. Breakfast line can be long, but it moves at average speed. The chlorine at the indoor pool was pretty strong. It got to our eyes a bit.
All in all, a nice little get away. Cleanliness and good service is what I expect and its what I got.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction during your recent stay. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. See you next time!

Been to SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!