“Nice Off Season Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice Off Season Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while visiting Old Dominion University. The suite was very clean: no cobwebs, no mold, no dirty grout, not too many stains on the carpet for a beach hotel, no wierd smells. Complementary breakfast was OK, but hey it was free and I have a family of five! Staff was great. Pool was warm and clean. Pretty much what I've come to expect from a Marriotte property.
The only bad thing was the coffee is horrible. Not just bad, it is horrible. I'm no starbucks $5 cup of coffee snob either....I preffer Dunkin' Doughnuts coffee. But really, is it that difficult to brew a decent cup of coffee? Really, really bad coffee. Beware the coffee.....beware:)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad to hear that your accommodations were comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that the SpringHill Brand Artisan Blend coffee was not to your liking. I can understand how that is disappointing when it is not what you expected. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs the next time you are in Virginia Beach!

749 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We love this hotel. Loved it so much - had to extend the trip. The oceanfront view is a huge plus and all the rooms have a view of the ocean and the beach. (We even met another guest who said that she saw more dolphins from her balcony of the Springhill Suites, than she saw on the dolphin cruise.) Also, the beds are super comfy.
All of the staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Judith, the housekeeper was awesome and went out of her way to make sure our room was very clean and fully stocked. Laura (at the front desk) always greeted us with a smile and helped take care of all our needs. Keith (at the front desk), helped us check in a little early, always recognized me by name, and was another one who went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Jara (at the front desk), knows all the best restaurants to go to and gave great recommendations.
My niece loved the pool and jacuzzi so much, that she didn't want to leave because she was having so much fun. The free breakfast, complimentary coffee, specialty teas, hot chocolate, complimentary newspaper and the treats at the front desk are just little extras that show how much this hotel cares about the guests.
I'm really impressed with this hotel. I can't wait to return when the weather is warmer to enjoy the outdoor pool and the ocean/beach that is right outside the door.

Room Tip: High floors seem like a better view of the ocean/beach, but all the rooms have a view of the ocean...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time here and that the team was accommodating . I hope that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again when it warms up!
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

There are several people I would love to thank for my trip and what a great group of people you have here at SpringHill First I wouldlike to thank my front desk people Shana Delgiacco what a pleasent and friendly person. I have seen her several times in my travels here at SpringHill and each time as soon as I walk inthe door she knows me by face and name makes me feel great. I will say I miss my friend Jay who used to work for Spring Hill I saw him back in December or 2012 and he had always helped me with my room and and I could not ask for nor could spring hill ask for a better employee I wish him best.
I would like to second thank you for Judith from House keeping she was right on time with a very clean room and extra towels and a blanket again I know Springhill only hires the best but I could not ask for the nicer people than when I come here and stay. Thanks again for all you do and look foward to seeing you agin in April and again in Dec.

Thomas L. Long
Chesterfield Virginia

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your continued patronage year after year. It is guests like you that give us the motivation and the incentive to provide the best service and experience possible. I will be sure to recognize the team members that you acknowledged and want to thank you again for thinking I was half my age! We appreciate your review and we will look forward to your return in April!
Hornell, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stay in Marriott properties exclusively when I travel and I travel a lot! The cleanliness of this room does meet the general standard for spring hill suites. There is a huge dark spot on the carpet, the traffic patterns are dirty, there is black mildew on the shower curtain and the windows are dirty.
This is a perfect location on the beach and the breakfast was wonderful . The staff was also wonderful. It just needs a little cleaning.

I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed February 2013
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share some of your thoughts about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your guestroom did not receive the proper attention. This is certainly not the type of service we strive to provide. Your comments have been addressed with our housekeeping team for improvement. We do hope you will consider visiting us again when you are in the Virginia Beach area!
Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We drove down to Virginia Beach with our family, my Mom, and sister's family. We stayed on the ocean at this hotel. We had a very pleasant experience, We were conveniently located on the ocean. We took advantage of renting the boardwalk bicycles and that was fun. There was not great coffee at the hotel but we could just walk across the street to a local coffee shop in the morning. Our kids had the outdoor pool to themselves! We enjoyed the hot tub mostly because it was pretty cold out, but it was nice and quite and we were grateful they were open and we could order nice drinks and snacks at the outdoor pool. The indoor pool was great too!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words and your review of your last stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and when we hit the mark it is very satisfying. Hope to see you again this spring!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We were given a great suite for the weekend, everything was clean and kept up. Rashawn was great to work with, very friendly, helpful, and welcoming.... He updated our key and said he would be happy to help with anything we might need. Love to come back if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed February 2013
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that Rashawn was able to accommodate your needs. We hope we exceeded your expectations and look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Virginia Beach!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

When we checked into our room Rashawn was there to provide excellent customer service. We did have a slight issue with the cleanliness of a room and we talked with Rashawn about it and he told us it was unacceptable and moved us to an excellent room. The customer service world needs more Rashawn's. Springhill should be blessed to have him. Beautiful hotel. Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to inform us about your visit. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that Rashawn made a positive difference in your stay. I sincerely apologize that your first room had some housekeeping oversights, however am glad we rectified the situation quickly. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Virginia Beach!

Been to SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!