“Extended family vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester
“Extended family vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We drove down to Virginia Beach with our family, my Mom, and sister's family. We stayed on the ocean at this hotel. We had a very pleasant experience, We were conveniently located on the ocean. We took advantage of renting the boardwalk bicycles and that was fun. There was not great coffee at the hotel but we could just walk across the street to a local coffee shop in the morning. Our kids had the outdoor pool to themselves! We enjoyed the hot tub mostly because it was pretty cold out, but it was nice and quite and we were grateful they were open and we could order nice drinks and snacks at the outdoor pool. The indoor pool was great too!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words and your review of your last stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and when we hit the mark it is very satisfying. Hope to see you again this spring!

746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We were given a great suite for the weekend, everything was clean and kept up. Rashawn was great to work with, very friendly, helpful, and welcoming.... He updated our key and said he would be happy to help with anything we might need. Love to come back if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed February 2013
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that Rashawn was able to accommodate your needs. We hope we exceeded your expectations and look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Virginia Beach!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

When we checked into our room Rashawn was there to provide excellent customer service. We did have a slight issue with the cleanliness of a room and we talked with Rashawn about it and he told us it was unacceptable and moved us to an excellent room. The customer service world needs more Rashawn's. Springhill should be blessed to have him. Beautiful hotel. Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to inform us about your visit. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that Rashawn made a positive difference in your stay. I sincerely apologize that your first room had some housekeeping oversights, however am glad we rectified the situation quickly. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Virginia Beach!
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a King oceanfront suite for one night last weekend. I stayed here when they first opened so this is my second stay. I thought more highly of it when I first stayed but this time I thought the room seemed claustrophobic. Maybe I was in a bigger room?? Other than feeling like there just wasn't enough room it is a great hotel. The staff is wonderful and very efficient. There was no coffee in my room so I went into the lobby to make sure I had some in my room in the morning but there was none available to take with me. I asked the front desk but they were out. It sounded like I was going to have to come downstairs in the morning for my coffee but by the time I got back up to the room a man was at my door to bring me coffee. The breakfast is a nice bonus, not great food, but good enough to make it convenient. The bed was super comfy. I am really picky about beds and linens and this one was fantastic. I would stay here again just because of the bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff was accommodating during your stay. I do apologize that you felt your guestroom to be small, perhaps you stayed in a one bedroom suite last time and a studio suite this time? We do hope you will stay with us again. Please feel free to call us directly to be sure you receive your room of choice. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I travel all over the country on business and this is my favorite place to stay. It's really the only business trip I take that I ever look forward to. The motel is very nice with all ocean view rooms and the staff is exceptionally friendly. They have both an indoor and outdoor pool and I certainly enjoyed the hot tub last night after a long day at work. Even my room attendant (Judith), is exceptionally and always leaves my room perfect and even includes a friendly note. If you're coming to VA Beach, I would look here first!

Room Tip: If you like complete privacy go high but I have found if you get too high (I'm on the 14th floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your return visit and continued patronage! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I am pleased we have delivered consistent service. I'm proud that Judith makes a positive difference in your stays with us. We look forward to seeing you again for your next business trip to Virginia Beach and hope you can visit us for a vacation sometime!
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were staying at Hampton Inn and decided to move next door to a studio suite at SpringHill
Suites. The room was much bigger with a living room area with another TV and pull out couch and kitchen area.( sink, microwave, small refrigerator) This area was separated by a partial wall from the bedroom area. We had a great view and a slightly smaller balcony than at the Hampton Inn. The rooms were more updated than at the Hampton Inn. We liked the bathroom better. It had a separate sink area, then the bath and toilet in a closed room. Actually the bed at the Hampton Inn was more comfortable. Breakfast was good very similar to the other hotel. The pool was very nice . The staff of this hotel were very friendly , attentive and eager to make sure we had everything we needed. We would definitely stay here again. I only wish beach hotels would give you more towel bars in the bathroom. The bath was big enough to have several.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor and facing the beach from our balcony, part of our view was blocked by...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your decision to relocate from the hotel next door. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and hope you will visit us again when you are in our area.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband, infant (8-months-old) daughter and I spent a relaxing January weekend here taking in the ocean views and enjoying the peace and quiet. The staff was excellent and accommodating of our baby's needs; Rashawn, Shawna, and Nikki were particularly helpful, providing us with delivery menus, a highchair, and plastic tableware on our evening in.
We were somewhat disappointed when we arrived that our room wasn't ready - it was still waiting on fresh linens. Granted, we got there at 12:30 and check-in is at 4, but I'd e-mailed and called in advance to request an early check-in. The desk clerk was very helpful and recommended a lunch spot while we waited, so we wandered down the beach for some food. When we got back at 2, our room still wasn't ready; the desk clerk then pushed housekeeping to finish, and they said it would be ready in five minutes. This rush might explain why housekeeping put a queen-size fitted sheet on our king-size bed. That made my husband absolutely crazy all night, but it was rectified the next day. Housekeeping staff also were nice enough to set up a Graco portable crib that I'd requested. It was great not having to worry about bringing a pack 'n play, but the downside was that the hotel didn't provide a mattress for the crib; instead, they folded several sheets together and lined the bottom. My daughter moved around quite a bit and constantly pulled up the sheet, then cried when she bumped her head on the hard surface. Next time I'll probably bring my own pack 'n play.
Our room was on the 11th floor and had a spectacular view of the ocean. We were a bit nervous about being across from the elevator, but the hotel was quiet (with the exception of the occasional Gollum-like cough from a neighbor who sounded way too sick to be traveling; fortunately, good insulation muffled most of that noise). The layout of the room was terrific (we had a studio room with king-size bed). The bed and TV were separated by a small partition from a sofa bed and TV, making this an excellent arrangement for families with small children.
Apart from the very minor issue of waiting for our room, our only complaint was that the indoor pool was cold and dirty. We were excited at the prospect of taking our daughter to a pool for the first time, and even more excited when we saw how nice the pool looked through the lobby windows. Well, it looked pretty from a distance, but up close was another matter. The water was tepid at best, and there were small brown pieces of...something...floating in the water. We spent five minutes in the pool and got out quickly, disappointed that our daughter's first swimming adventure was in a bust.
On a brighter note, the weather was sunny and pleasant enough for walks on the beach. We also enjoyed visiting some of the local restaurants featured on the show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives (I'd recommend Whitner's BBQ any day - yum!). We also got some great pictures of our little one at the aquarium. All in all, a fun weekend and very nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff was accommodating during your stay and that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I do apologize that you experienced issues using the pool, but we have since rectified the problem and look forward to your visiting us again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!

Been to SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!