“Love this place!! Excited to go back again this summer for our 4th trip/stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Love this place!! Excited to go back again this summer for our 4th trip/stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

As the title states, my family and I love this place! This property has become our annual beach destination and we're excited to hopefully return again this coming summer, Lord willing.

As frequent travelers my wife and I are both admittedly picky about where we stay and this hotel has hit the mark each of the past three years. Each summer we leave this hotel wishing we'd booked a longer stay but excited to return the following year.

We appreciate many things about the property itself including the fabulous location, cleanliness, quality, comfort and decor of the suites, indoor and outdoor pools, delicious hot breakfast, pool/beach side restaurant and more.

We also continue to be impressed by the staff. Across the board from the GM, AGM, front desk, housekeeping, servers, cooks, etc, they do it right! As one of our kids has many food allergies, we're particularly appreciative of the breakfast and poolside restaurant staff patiently assisting us with determining what items are safe for our daughter to eat. That means a lot to us!

If you're considering this property for your next Virginia Beach vacation, look no further.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your return visit! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I am glad we have delivered consistent service. I'm so pleased our breakfast meets the needs of your family We look forward to seeing you again for your next vacation! Take care and have a peaceful and prosperous year!

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I came to this hotel on Nov 17, the staff was very nice! Roshad was great! Though everyone was nice the room had very little heat and the problem was not solved (stayed at 68) even after speaking with the fixit man. I also was told that my card would not get charged since I paid cash for the hotel and my card was still charged. I asked a day before and the day of for a late check out and they "could not fine the request" We did however speak with the GM and worked it out. Other than that the room was perfect! The view that we had was priceless!! I will be returning. Just really need to get that heat fixed we were very cold and had extra blankets. Thanks guys!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff, specifically Rashawn, was accommodating during your stay. I do apologize that you experienced issues with the heat in your guestroom, but we have since rectified the problem in that particular room and look forward to your visiting again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days of business in the low season and got a very good rate. Hotel was not crowded and the pleasant staff honored my request for a room on the upper floors, where the views of the beach and ocean are better. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the mini-kitchen was convenient. The patio overlooking the ocean was enjoyable. The complimentary breakfast was better than a lot of hotels, with a number of hot items. The business center was larger than what many hotels provide, and the wireless connection worked well in my room. Parking is convenient directly in front of the hotel on Atlantic Ave, and it was very convenient to stroll the well lit boardwalk at various times of the day and night on the beach side of the hotel. There are a number of shops and restaurants on the southern part of Virginia Beach within a very short walking distance. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Upper rooms have better views of the beach and ocean
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to inform us about your visit. We are striving to provide you with the most comfortable and friendly environment possible. Positive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. We look forward to being your hotel of choice whenever you are in Virginia Beach!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hotel is centrally located on Virginia Beach, with many close restaurants of all kinds, and shopping centers within ten minute drive. Hot coffee and tea available in lobby at all hours, and breakfast was very good. Indoor pool was great, especially since it was in the 40's outside. Our two room suite was clean and had nice kitchenette area.
The hotel staff really made this stay special for us.
My son, tired, worn and hauling two sea bags after an 8 month deployment on USS Enterprise arrived with me at hotel around noon. The desk staff I think sensed his fatigue, and checked us in right away..Later that evening after a good sleep, we called down and asked where a wash/dry/fold might be found. The clerk said "I don't know, but let me make some calls". About a half hour later, he called our room and said "no luck", followed by "how about if I take your things home. I'll wash them, and bring it back to you in the morning". I was floored. We would never impose, but were very touched by his kindness. Marvelous customer service! I look forward to staying here on my next visit to Oceana.

Room Tip: Two room suites have nice layout. Bathroom is divided into two different areas, with sink only in a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words and review of your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and I am pleased this made a positive difference in your experience. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the naval base!
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We just love this hotel...from the minute you walk in to check in and can look right out to the ocean. It's nice to have oceanfront views at breakfast in the morning.
We usually get the two room suite, just a little more and well worth it.
Everywhere I went in the hotel I noticed the staff making the extra effort to keep things clean. I was there 3 days and all three days everyone was out there working hard!
The staff was professional and friendly from the front desk to the cleaning personnel.
We also love being able to walk on the paved walk out in front (easier than walking in the sand for my husband and me). Many restaurants within a few miles of the beach including the usual chain restaurants.
The first half of October is a great time to visit as the temperatures were near 80 and the beach was less crowded.

Room Tip: We like the higher up rooms, the views are great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your return visit and another review! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I'm glad we're able to deliver consistent service. I'm so pleased you enjoyed the fabulous weather while you were here! We look forward to seeing you again next time! Take care and have a peaceful and prosperous year!
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is the third year in a row that my wife and I have stayed here while attending the VAVRS convention. Everything went very well from check in to check out. The rooms were clean and well cared for. If we needed anything all we had to do was ask. Three staff members who were stand outs on this trip were Dwayne, Jay and Jessica. Could not even sneak by them without getting a big smile and a greeting. Need some information, no problem, they could guide you to just about any place in Virginia Beach and beyond. Am looking forward to our 2013 convention. Thanks you all for making our stay one that we will remember.

Bill and Janet Hankins

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean front with great views. We have never had a problem with any of the rooms w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage year after year. It is guests like you that give us the motivation and the incentive to provide the best service and experience possible. Thank you for your kind words about our team members and we can’t wait to see you again next year!
Avon, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed three nights here in late October. The beach was pretty much deserted but the weather was still beautiful. The room had two spaces. One was the bedroom and the other was the couch and balcony. It was nice to have the separation. The balcony offered a great view of the beach and you can walk out the back door to the walkway by the beach.

Nice but small pool and large hot tub. Good breakfast with eggs, meat, waffles, etc. It was kept fully stocked.

One complaint was the wi fi was very spotty on the 5th floor and that was annoying.

Parking is free in the attached garage. You can easily walk to the shops on the strip nearby.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad you took advantage of our amenities and the area while you were here. I do apologize that you experienced issues using the wireless internet in your guestroom. We are actually in the process of surveying the hotel for wireless upgrades that will resolve such problems going forward. We look forward to your visiting again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!

Been to SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!