“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Barrie, Canada
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

My family and I we are actually visiting this hotel right now - Mar. 13, 2008. The whole area is still a little slow as the season starts later but I want to say few words about this hotel and the entire Virginia Beach. This is our third visit here, second time to the same hotel and I have to say that we love it. Especially during the summer. The hotel is great. Extremely clean with a great hot breakfast and awesome pool and Jacuzzi. It is located right on the beach and the main strip. When booking, do not worries about the ocean view, all the rooms have ocean view. Book it with your eyes closed.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location - Clean, Clean, Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

We just came back from a one night stay at Springhill Suites in Virginia Beach. I want to thank you all for your reviews. My kids were on spring break and the kids made a list of things to do and one was to stay at a hotel on the beach. After searching for many days I thought that I had decided on the new Hilton but the reviews were so mixed. Then I looked on tripadvisor and noticed that they had the hotels ranked. When I saw that Springhill was #1 I looked at the reviews and I could not find one that was bad. The rooms seemed nice online and spacious for the price plus breakfast but some times hotels do not live up to the pictures or information on their websites. The hotel is very clean and the staff is excellent. I requested a high floor. When we checked in at 2pm we were given a floor on the 11th floor. The room was very nice and clean with plenty of towels and washcloths. I liked the feature of the separate bedroom. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was very spacious for me, 2 kids, grandma and my husband joined us early that morning. The balcony was great. Jodi at the desk even called after we settled in to make sure that everything was fine. (that was a first for us at any hotel) The kids spent 4 hours in the pool most of the time it was just the 2 of them since the hotel was not full. We had a great time. Breakfast was better than the usual continental although we did not notice the waffle maker until our second trip. An extra treat! Thanks Springhill for living up to your website!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Cheapeake, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

I saw that this hotel was fairly new and was taking 3 teenage boyz for
a place to stay while having soccer tournaments so I got 2 rooms and they were oceanfront. Wonderful hotel. Didn't get to enjoy all of it due to soccer but the boyz had a blast. 2 plasma tvs, very spacious rooms, clean and staff was very friendly. My boyz want to do it again.
The breakfast was more than just continental. It had eggs and sausage patties, bagels, french toast. Had its own parking garage. I would stay here again.

• Liked — The spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — Can't think of any.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

I've been staying at Springhill Suites at Virginia Beach about 3 or 4 nights a week since September, almost 4 months straight now. It's a brand new hotel designed with vibrant colors and nothing but comfort in mind.

The staff will go above and beyond for the guests, so I'd like to give a big thanks to Nelly, Jesse, Gabie, April, Liza, Melissa and everyone else there that have made the hotel my home away from home!

The rooms are clean and spacious, the mattresses are comfortable, and the view is spectacular! They even go as far as shutting down various floors at a time for super-cleaning and maintenance to stay on top of any problems!

Indoor pool, workout room, flat panel TVs in the rooms (most of them) and it's all right on the beach! A+++ Thanks so much! Scott

• Liked — Friendly staff and clean rooms!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

I stayed here for 3 nights in November because of the rate, as well as the reviews here at this site. Compared with other reviewers, I must say I found this hotel only average.

What's working: The rate is competitive. Amazing restaurant across the street at Il Gardinio. The parking lot is easily accessible and I could self-park. I loved having a refrigerator in my room. Nice granite countertop in kitchen section.
Kids will love those talking elevators.

Needs improvement: The staff seemed unenthusiastic and not very knowledgeable regarding area restaurants. I felt like I spent alot of time figuring out where to eat, including using the internet there to make my dinner plans. Maybe a nice welcome basket would be helpful for guests. I also thought the room was a little dark, and the hotel a little dull.
Watch your final invoice for errors.

Overall, my stay was fine. However, nothing knocked my socks off, if you know what I mean.

• Liked — Il Gardino across the street, great parking situation
  • Disliked — No restaurant onsite
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

Fantastic hotel...the location is great...the view of the ocean from your personal balcony was amazing...we slept with the door open to hear the ocean throughout the night. The Raven restaurant on 12th street is within walking distance (try the Scallops) and the piano bar directly across the street finishes up a perfect evening.
Hotel is modern, clean, and friendly. The only thing missing was the mini bar in the room but the hotel had a small area where you could purchase drinks, a convenience store across the street, and a refridgerator / microwave in the room.
Great place! We will visit again soon!

• Liked — Views from the room
  • Disliked — No mini bar
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ashburn, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

Stay was just ok, but they charged $9 per minute for long distance. That was just greed. I don't know how they will expect me to stay there again. This was a rip-off for me.

• Liked — Somewhat clean
  • Disliked — They ripped me off in the long distance
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
degau816, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 21, 2007
First I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction over the cost of the long distance charges you incurred while visiting our hotel. I am sure you understand these charges are billed at a higher rate than private rates and that we are in line with the rates you would receive at other hotels. Our phone department is not a revenue generator for our hotel and actually is an expense as we provide complimentary local calls and wire less high speep internet for our guests convienence.

Although these rates and charges are posted in our guest room directories and on the telephone face plate, sometimes this is missed by our guests as was in this case.

What was failed to be mentioned was we refunded half of the charges back to your account before your departure in an effort to proved the service we strive to reach each day.

We again apologize for any inconvinence we may have caused.

Been to SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!