We returned to this beach hotel and everything was just as good as it was two years ago. Hotel staff are on-the-ball, friendly and helpful. From the outset, Jay helped us with our room and made sure we were comfortable. He graciously answered my questions over the phone and put me at ease. Jay set the tone for what turned out to be a consistently wonderful stay over six days. Here's a quick run down on the hotel:
(1) Location: On the beach, within close driving distance to convention center. We even walked to the convention center one day.
(2) Management, Business Center, Amenities: Friendly, well run. Even when we checked in well after mid-night, the desk clerk was alert, enthusiastic and friendly. The hotel maintains a business center with internet access and printing. And wireless internet access is available throughout the hotel for free. Safes are available at the front desk for free as well. What a relief to have an easy time with everything we needed without the nickle and dime routine we've seen in some other hotels.
(3) Housekeeping: Our room was crystal clean. Even the windows to the balcony were polished. Our sheets were changed at our request and the beds well made. Housekeepers were friendly and polite and appeared to enjoy their jobs. It's clear this hotel is popular and gets heavy traffic. Generally, the furnishings are in very good condition but carpets in public areas, understandably, show wear.
(4) Elevators: The hotel keeps all three elevators running continuously. This made the elevators were easy to catch and this makes such a huge difference.
(5) Breakfast: The breakfast bar is ample and includes fresh fruit, hot items, and cold as well.
(6) Rooms: The rooms are designed to accomodate families. They are generously sized with a small kitchen, a table, and two tvs. During both of our stays, our family of four had enough room to stay comfortable without running into each other.
In general, this is a clean, reliable, and pleasant place for families to stay when visiting Virginia beach.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations and even business trips put a smile on your face. Featuring all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini-frig, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless internet, free local calls and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. Our oceanfront hotel lets you unwind and cherish every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.