“Springhill Suites is my favorite Virginia Beach Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #43 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hartford, Connecticut
“Springhill Suites is my favorite Virginia Beach Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have stayed at the Springhill Suites many times over the past 5 years .
We love the oceanfront rooms, excellent customer service of the employees (front desk and breakfast area as well as housekeeping staff)
It's fun to be able to watch the dolphins swimming by especially early morning.
Catch the beautiful sunrises right from your balcony!
This visit, Jay at the front check was extremely helpful and gave us excellent customer service and we really appreciated it. A great attitude at the front desk really sets the tone for the whole stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for your return business and kind comments. I am proud to hear that Jay made such a difference in your stay and am glad the dolphins performed on schedule! We look forward to the next time you can visit us in Virginia Beach!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

When I come to Virginia Beach I stay at the Springhill Suites. They have a wonderful view of the beach; the rooms are clean and comfortable. They offer a great breakfast and the front desk personnel are very polite and helpful. I had the pleasure of meeting (Rashawn) who very professional, friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your return business and for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that Rashawn took good care of you. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and look forward to your visiting us again when you visit our area!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We have been staying at SpringHill Suites whenever we came to Virginia Beach. The room is spacious especially the one-bedroom suite. All rooms are ocean-front and we can watch the children playing on the beach from the balcony. The board walk is 3 miles long. It is great for walking or biking. Judith kept our room clean with extra towels. She is very polite and helpful. She is one of the best housekeepers that we have encountered. The hot breakfast is a plus with various choices. We will come back to SpringHill Suites again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I appreciate your return business and am glad Judith's efforts made a difference in your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you can visit us in Virginia Beach!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My friends and I booked a suite and had a wonderful view of the ocean and a spacious and cheerful room. The desk personnel who helped me (Holleigh, Rashawn and RJ) were friendly, accommodating, professional and the best!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Positive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. I'm pleased to hear our staff was accommodating and we look forward to seeing you for your next getaway!
Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Family Wedding weekend....we had 5 rooms reserved at another hotel....but it was so dirty ...we checked out....Then we stopped by "SpringHill Suites".....Spoke to Joe and he was wonderful!!!....he was able to get us all the rooms we needed....and it was CLEAN, polite staff, and wonderful breakfasts.......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to let us know how your visit was. I am glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction and our staff was helpful during your recent stay. We want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. We hope to see you the next time you visit Virginia Beach!
Providence RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I was excited to stay right on the beach in Virginia Beach. From my room I can drop a stone onto the beach! The full breakfast is a major plus with a full assortment of hot foods, waffels, cereal and other goodies. Coffee is available 24/7.

The pool beautiful with a nice big hot tub. There is an outdoor pool but it was March and a bit too cold for that.. The workout room has a few cardio machines and dumbbells and some adjustable benches. The all are in very good order.

The real game changer for me was the hospitality. The front desk staff, especially Rashawn in particular went above and beyond to make sure my stay was lovely. This is from switching rooms to helping with bags. They are always making sure everything is perfect. The shortcomings I found in connectivity to their free wireless internet were always dealt with immediately.

A few notes for travelers:
Upper floors have much better cell reception based on the large parking garage that blocks most signal in rooms. If you are looking for a big patio the second floor has the biggest patios which span over the indoor pool and breakfast area. There are rooms with separate bedrooms but they are few and far between. My room was a king bed with a partial wall separating the sleeping area from the sitting area. I have not stayed at any other hotels on the beach but it seems like this is by far the nicest. I would suggest it to anyone.

Room Tip: lower right (from the road) have the worst cell signal second floor has big patios find a room by...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the positve feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff was accommodating, especially Rashawn, during your stay. I do apologize that you experienced issues using the wireless internet in your guestroom, but we have since rectified the problem and look forward to your visiting again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This was my first time at SpringHill Suites on Virginia Beach and this lovely property did not disappoint. Friendly, attentive staff, spacious and clean room. I only wish my stay had been longer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to experience our hotel. We appreciate your taking the time to complete a review and hope you will visit us again when you travel to our area and can stay with us longer!

Been to SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!