“Family Friendly and Great Food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 1,238 restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: The oceanfront's only Beatles memorabilia themed restaurant that offers a fun and casual boardwalk atmosephere with inside and outside patio dining and simply prepared fresh seafood for the entire family.
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Family Friendly and Great Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our family has been going to Rockfish since they opened. This continues to be our go-to spot. The kids love it because it's upbeat and we love it because the food is extrodinary. The staff is energetic. No slow service here! Our server Sam Stephens was on the ball every moment. My water glass stayed full. Overall, it's always a very pleasant experience. Our family highly recommends Rockfish! Oh, earlier in the week we had a server named Spencer (didn't catch his last name) and he was an amazing person too! Thank you Rockfish for always making our vacation over the top!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Excellent Service, Excellent Food, Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was an amazing evening. The appetizers (jumbo steamed shrimp) were fantastic, the drinks were tasty and the service was outstanding. For dinner we both had the Crab Stuffed Flounder and can not rave enough about it. The only problem that we have is that there is not one of these restaurants closer to our house. We will definitely be stopping here every time we are in the Virgina Beach area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not sure why such good reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate here later on a Friday evening (around 8) our first night arriving. party of 5 but were told was self seating on patio as was wait for restaurant (told same menu, etc.). Service was simply awful and food was just average. Server continuously forgot about us and other tables around us (i.e. had to ask for menus, had to ask for silverware). Then when food finally arrived, 4 people in party had food arrive and my meal took another 10 minutes (was just salmon so shouldn't take that long). I insisted everyone eat so they all finished while I waited except for my husband who refused until my food arrived so his was cold. Mgr came out and apologized but got defensive when I complained as this was one of many issues we had had. He took 20% off bill but I would never recommend. Also, bar patrons were there visiting their girlfriends who worked there, lots of inappropriate comments and just a general "casualness" amongst the staff who were hanging with their friends while they were supposed to be working and having no regard for language around customers/families. It's a shame since place has great spot on beach and outdoor location but I would never go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“What a blast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was here last weekend and had a blast! Regardless of the fact that it was slammed our bartender Justin gave us incredible service and recommendations. The manager Dave came by and couldn't have been nicer and grateful for our patronage. We will definitely be back sooner than later!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, Virginia
“Great food and location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Came down to the beach for a night out and had a great meal. This was our first time at Rockfish...We sat outside and had a great view of the beach! My husband had the crab stuffed flounder and I had the signature crab cakes...both were delicious! We will definitely be back!

Visited August 2013
Dave1897, General Manager at RockFish Boardwalk Bar and Seagrill, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
I am so glad to hear you guys enjoyed your trip to Virginia Beach. We are very glad you stopped by while you were here. The signature crab cakes are very good indeed, I actually had them for lunch today myself. I hope you guys will come back and see us again the next time you are in the area.