“Good Food, Awesome Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 1,256 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Good Food, Awesome Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I are in town celebrating our anniversary and decided to give GB a try. I had the shrimp and lobster tacos, he had the shrimp and lobster Mac and Cheese. Tacos were wonderful and my bite of mac and cheese was good. Hubby liked it. Generous portions. I had the option of black beans and rice or the garlic fries. Normally I'm a black bean girl but Himself wanted to try the garlic fries so I ordered them. They are not kidding about the garlic. No vampires will be bothering us for the rest of the weekend. I especially liked them dipped into the citrus sauce that came with the tacos. Our server Jess was the bomb. Friendly, professional and efficient. We will be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Definitely worth the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My partner and I went to Gordon Biersch on a Thursday night and it was nicely packed even then. Thankfully we didn't have to wait to find seats, and we sat on the patio facing the bar. The staff were very friendly and polite, and their in-house brews were delicious. I had the New York strip with shrimp and it was cooked exactly the way I like it. My partner had the Gorgonzola ribeye, which was equally amazing. I definitely recommend the garlic fries as an appetizer! The bill was a bit steep for two people ($112!) but it was worth every penny and it was my birthday dinner, after all. A waitress even honored our request to light the firepit on the patio, just to add to the ambiance. It doesn't seem like it's geared toward families after dark, but I'm sure it would be fine for kids during the day.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

All I can say is yum yum. My Hubby had a steak- perfect. My Moroccan fish was perfect. The kids loved their food. What more could you ask for. Oh I know a free dessert. Nope no free dessert but the food was the bomb.

Visited January 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“1st Time Visit - okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The menu items looked sooo good, and a few of them met our expectations. Yes yes YES the garlic fries are incredible!!!!! We were vampire-proof when we left, they are absolutely divine. Appetizers we ordered were the sweet chili chicken wings and the blue cheese chips. The wings were really sweet, but tender, juicy - pretty good, but the blue cheese chips, as good as they sounded were just blah....homemade potato chips with a slight drizzling of cheese and some bleu cheese crumbles, and a bit greasy, not much flavor.

We got a BBQ burger, which my husband really enjoyed - the sauce was smoky and delicious, and I got the turkey meatloaf. It was really bland, although moist, the mashed potatoes were pretty good, and the veggies were simply squash and zucchini....I sure wish I had known that all I was getting was a squash medley, as I was really looking forward to a variety of veggies. The squash that I got was good though, but as that was all I got, I grew tired of it.

It was a fairly good experience, I think our expectations were pretty high for the food we got. There are still things on the menu we'd like to try, and believe me, we'd go back just for the garlic fries! Our server was sweet and tried to be as attentive as possible during the lunch rush. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
USA
“SLOOOOOW and undercooked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently decided to give this chain restaurant another try. After being promptly seated and greeted by our waitress, it was downhill. We ordered burgers and a caesar salad, which we specifically asked to be served first. After a 20 minute wait (excessive for a salad) a runner brought the salad which was adequately prepared. About 3 minutes later our dinners arrived. I guess TECHNICALLY it was done right!! My wife had asked that hers be cooked medium and mine was well done. We each took 1/2 our burgers home. When we looked at the burgers at home we realized that my wife's was RAW in the center, Since it was fairly dim in the restaurant we didn't see it there. Needless to say, we were worried about the health concerns of eating raw ground beef, especially since our server said "medium" was the least done they would prepare. Needless to say, this will be our last visit for s long while. Better places are all around. Oh...the beer was good!

• Visited March 2013