“Yay! They do my favorite lunch...fish tacos...really well'” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 1,159 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hamburgers, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Yay! They do my favorite lunch...fish tacos...really well'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Three of us had time for a leisure lunch before a long sales meeting. I never heard of this restaurant and did not even know it is a chain...I am not from this area and it is not in my home town. But it looked like my kinda place and was happy to try! Walking in I was pleased...it had an inviting atmosphere, nice decor, large room so you were not on top of other tables, and comfy tables and booths. All good! We were warmly greeted and seated right away. Only a handful of tables occupied at 12pm on a Wednesday...but a few more filled in by the time we left. The menu had great choices! Food going out to the other tables looked fresh and nice portions. I seem to always order fish tacos when I see them on the menu. They had 4 different ones to choose from too! Thought $14.50 to $15.50 seemed pricy for two fish tacos and a side of plain rice mixed with black beans...but as long as they were quality I don't mind. They were yummy! Plump and fresh! They did these well! I appreciated the waitress made sure NO garlic was anywhere in the seasoning as I had to do a lot of talking at my sales meeting!! In fact our waitress was excellent! Refilled beverages and checked on us at all the right times! Friend #1 ordered chicken sand. with extra avacado and side of fries (hold the garlic!) she enjoyed. Friend #2 had one of the lunch specials ($7.95) ...soup, salad and half of sandwich...looked fresh and good. If you are on a budget...lunch specials were the way to go...the rest of the menu sermed to be a bit pricy. I do recommend this restaurant and I will be back when in the area!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Meh . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Tyson's Corner location. The calamari was rubbery . . . like it was previously frozen. Yuck. I found the food mediocre.

Visited November 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really like Gordon Biersch. The happy hour is great and gets very busy(get there early for a seat) The bar staff is the best! Very attentive and the service is always good. The garlic fries are a signature side and...awesome. Delicious happy hour food and salads. We are regular customers as the atmosphere is comfortable, i.e.: music, seating, decor. Great place to meet friends too!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Freshly prepared food is fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We love this restaurant. The fried artichokes are great and Bruschetta chicken is the best chicken dish I have ever had. My favorite is the Lemon/Coconut martini... Best drink ever!

Visited September 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great beer and atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Gordon Biersch is a chain and is going to be comparable whether you go to one in Virginia Beach or in an airport. However, I have always found the staff and the service they give awesome at this Virginia Beach location and they make the atmosphere feel unique. If you're looking for a place that brews hometown, local beers then this isn't the place as the beers are the standard for all Gordon Biersch restaurants, but they are a great alternative to a Bud Light somewhere else.

Enjoy the appetizers here, but am not crazy about many of the dinner selections. I think they could make their menu a little smaller and just concentrate on a few selections they are good at.

Visited September 2012