“Good for the price and location” 3 of 5 stars

You added Belmont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1113 Pacific Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #108 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
“Good for the price and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel/motel was everything I thought it would be considering the price in comparison with every other hotel in the area. I was HIGHLY SKEPTICAL booking a room at this place because of all the reviews I have read here. I had NO BED BUGS, my room was very clean, air conditioning was working excellent, on full blast. Walking into the room though there is a slight stinch, but it no biggy at all, because it went away after a minute or so. This hotel has a GREAT location. I parked my car when I checked in, and never moved it for the next 3 days I was staying here until I was leaving back to go home. You can walk anywhere from the Belmont. Great stay considering the great price. Now, I can't speak for the other rooms, but room 108, was great to us. lol. By the way, Log Cabin (breakfast buffet) is a 3-5 min walk from the hotel, and is greaaaaaat. Beach was a 2 min walk, literally. It was a lil sketchy upfront, manager is indian and he didnt speak very very coherently but hey, having a king bead, and a full bed, a FULL KITCHEN, tv in every room, and clean bathroom, i highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Haymarket, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beware of a hotel that has a sign saying "No Refunds after 15 minutes of checking in" because it will take longer than that to discover that they have roaches and bedbugs. Most of the tenants of this hotel are permanent residents not vacationers.The first night it was nearly 90 degrees in the room. We reported it the next day and they brought me a fan.The second day we used the microwave and two roaches scampered out from under it. We asked one of the tenants about the cleanliness and he said to tell the manager and he would spray. When we returned from the beach they had changed our bedding and left a bottle of Febreeze. By the way, the mattresses are covered with mattress pads and you can't see anything. When I woke up the third day, my entire left arm was broken out with bedbug bites. I pulled the bedspread down and found one bedbug. Our room had 3 beds and I slept in a different bed on the third night. I was the only one with bites. My children had none.When we checked out, I calmly explained our experience to the manager and he gave us a partial refund. Don't be fooled by the overall appearance of the room because it looks clean, but you have to watch out for what don't see.

Room Tip: Definitely research the hotel and read reviews before you go!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My girlfriend and I after search through the internet for a good deal for one night.. we finally found one looking through the book deals.. the gentleman at the office was able to help us get a room probably the last one at $89 and got it for $50 including tax.

After coming back from the beach and strolling through the boardwalk around 11:30pm and very tired.. my girlfriend pulls the blankets and notices some small insects running all over the bed sheet.. Bed Bugs!!!!! and either an adult bed bug or a few roaches were on the pillows! Yes.. believe or not! We grab our bags and got the heck out of there.. I rang the button and showed the office employee what I recorded on my phone and he did not say anything.. I gave the card keys back, I got my refund and did not look back (I know right.. welcome to the world of cheap hotels!)

I was very surprised that the office employee did not do or say anything.. (I wasn't looking to get another room.. heck no!) he seem like he already knew that something like this happens all the time.. Im very shocked that they would allow people to check in knowing that this is happening.. Im going to the health department next!

Room Tip: I will never forget this experience.. amazingly atrocious!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

What a cess pool. The owner is extremely arrogant. Room had half of lights without power. Beds had bug infestations. Fridge had leftover food from prior guests. Drug dealing going on outside in the open. If you consider staying here, suicide would be a better option.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Belmontinn, Owner at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2011

Nick.
McArthur, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

My husband and I went to Virginia Beach for a long weekend. We arrived a night earlier than we had planned. I called hotel after hotel and could not find a room. I finally called hotels.com and asked for a room at Virginia Beach. The room at the Belmont Inn & Suites was the only room left.

The location was not bad I guess. It was a block away from the beach and we walked there without a problem. It was conveniently located to all of the area attractions.

The receptionist (possibly owner) was somewhat difficult to understand as he did not speak English very clearly and he was really not very friendly.

The room was very outdated. It smelled musty. It was dark and light switches were hard to find. The mattresses were hard and uncomfortable. The pillows were very flat. I checked for bed bugs closely as I thought this seemed like an ideal place for them. I did not find any bed bugs thankfully. The toilet ran for a long time after being flushed. It was very chilly when we arrived and we turned on the heat and it was very noisy. My husband said it sounded like a helicopter. The curtains had holes in them.

The room was just not a very pleasant environment. I couldn't check out fast enough in the morning. Other than being close to the beach and being able to park easily, I can't think of anything good to say about this place. We checked into the Holiday Inn Express the following day and had wonderful service and a great room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Belmontinn, Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2011

Fayetteville, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Broken airconditioner which leaked on carpet, sand fleas in the bed, broken faucet, no TV remote, noisey. Nasty,nasty,nasty!!!! DON"T GO HERE!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Christiansburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I had read some reviews on this place, but decided to try for myself. I always travel on bargains when I can, and had yet to be this disappointed. AS stated in previous reviews, there is a sign in the office that says: you cannot get a refund after 15-20 minutes in the room. That should have been a red flag right there. I entered the room to find a large living room area with a bed and kitchenette. Being a chef, I was happy about the kitchenette. I opened the oven door, and it fell right off the hinges. I was able to rig it, so no biggie.
The rooms are not the cleanest, but for under $100/night in full season, who is going to argue.
Overall, the room was doable, as we knew we would only really be in here to sleep. Well, we couldn't sleep, as it was 100 degree weather and there was no air conditioning.
The entire hotel is on a central air unit, not individual room units. OUr room was over 90 degrees at 2 a.m. We had to buy a fan, and even that didnt do much good.
Have not bothered talking to management, as when I checked in, they pretended they did not understand English. Im sure that is unlikely.
I spoke to others in the hotel, and they had the same problem.
It is great to save money, but this is rediculous. These people should be forced out of business or there should be some recourse for consumers. This place is nothing but an out right rip off. YOu would be better , and cooler, sleeping outside on the beach.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Belmont Inn & Suites.

Been to Belmont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!