“The Cutty Sark was my very first "home" as a "grown-up"” 4 of 5 stars

Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel
3614 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #66 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Denton Texas, United States
“The Cutty Sark was my very first "home" as a "grown-up"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Wow !!! I am so pleased to see the Cutty Sark is still in business and kept all of its charm.
This darling place was my very first "home" when I relocated to Virginia Beach to begin my adult life.
The year 1974 !!! I think this in itself is a testament of the Cutty Sark’s allure that beckons guests year after year. Thank you for preserving this icon on Atlantic Avenue. May many more be blessed with equally fond memories of their stay with you.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MsJAKoch, Owner at Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you so much for returning "Home". It was lovely meeting your daughter...We look forward to seeing you soon again. Most Cordially, Ms. Koch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed a Cutty Sark on 2 separate occasions. We absolutely love this place. Everyone that works there is very friendly and helpful.The maid service is excellent. When we arrived our room was very clean and had everything we needed for our stay.I loved sitting out on the balcony watching the dolphins swimming in the ocean. The sunrises are breathtaking. You don't need to use your vehicle for anything since everything is in walking distance and the bus will take you anywhere else for a very cheap fee. We would recommend this motel to anyone that wants an inexpensive, clean place to stay at Virginia Beach

Room Tip: All the rooms here have a wonderful ocean view you can;t go wrong with ant of them
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My sisters and I along with my nephew stayed last weekend and it was our first stay. It is a little gem among all the high rise hotels in the quieter north area of Virginia Beach. It's located right across the street from the boardwalk and beach on the corner of 37th Street and Atlantic. Within walking distance of everything and you can take the HRT Shuttle which is great. We decided to walk most of the weekend but we used the shuttle a few times too. We were in room #4 with a balcony facing the street. Some noise during the day hearing sirens and some jets but hey your in Virginia Beach, D'oh... :) At night we just closed the drapes to cut our the light which worked great. The room was clean and had everything we needed however a larger coffee pot would have been great. The small kitchenette was really cute probably from the 1960's we loved it. We would definitely go back again, Mr. Gerry was very helpful in locating parking for my nephew because only 1 parking space per room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were lucky to find the Cutty Sark for our end of summer vacation. I was traveling with my three teenage kids and we stayed in one of the cottages. Absolutely perfect. We made full use of the kitchen and enjoyed staying literally across the street from the beach. I found the staff at the hotel extremely welcoming and helpful and we had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners, We will definitely come back to the Cutty Sark on our next trip to Virginia Beach!

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the cottages. . . perfect for families!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Linden, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

When you stay in a hotel you expect a certain amount of service for your dollar. The Cutty Sark is a very cute little motel with small kitchenettes in the room. The rooms are sparsely furnished and look like they're from 1960, but they are clean and comfortable. The location is fantastic, literally across the street from the beach.

• Stayed August 2012
MsJAKoch, Manager at Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write of your experience here at the Cutty Sark. We will see that the staff sees it. Guest kind comments make us all try even harder to make a visit to Virginia Beach and The Cutty Sark a memorable vacation. Do come again soon. Most Cordially
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and it was much nicer than I expected. The room was a good size and clean once we got in. Originally I was told that there wasn't a room with a balcony available but once I came to check in, we were given room 2. Even though there was a condo in front of us, I still think that it was a nice view of the beach. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and inviting. There wasn't any issues like I'd read on here previously. I will definitely return to this efficiency when I visit VA Beach again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Your kind words mean a lot to us. We appreciate the time you gave to write the review. We are
glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will come again soon. Kindest regards.
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We will definitley be back!! Perfect for families on a budget! Great location too! Right next to the beach, but not smack in the middle of all of the crowds. But not too far away either. We had the perfect (budget friendly) vacation!!!!! Next time we would like to check out one of their cottages!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel? Share your experiences!