“Lisa Adams and Jason Trumpe from Pittsburgh,Pa” 5 of 5 stars

Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel
3614 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #67 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lisa Adams and Jason Trumpe from Pittsburgh,Pa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed a Cutty Sark on 2 separate occasions. We absolutely love this place. Everyone that works there is very friendly and helpful.The maid service is excellent. When we arrived our room was very clean and had everything we needed for our stay.I loved sitting out on the balcony watching the dolphins swimming in the ocean. The sunrises are breathtaking. You don't need to use your vehicle for anything since everything is in walking distance and the bus will take you anywhere else for a very cheap fee. We would recommend this motel to anyone that wants an inexpensive, clean place to stay at Virginia Beach

Room Tip: All the rooms here have a wonderful ocean view you can;t go wrong with ant of them
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My sisters and I along with my nephew stayed last weekend and it was our first stay. It is a little gem among all the high rise hotels in the quieter north area of Virginia Beach. It's located right across the street from the boardwalk and beach on the corner of 37th Street and Atlantic. Within walking distance of everything and you can take the HRT Shuttle which is great. We decided to walk most of the weekend but we used the shuttle a few times too. We were in room #4 with a balcony facing the street. Some noise during the day hearing sirens and some jets but hey your in Virginia Beach, D'oh... :) At night we just closed the drapes to cut our the light which worked great. The room was clean and had everything we needed however a larger coffee pot would have been great. The small kitchenette was really cute probably from the 1960's we loved it. We would definitely go back again, Mr. Gerry was very helpful in locating parking for my nephew because only 1 parking space per room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were lucky to find the Cutty Sark for our end of summer vacation. I was traveling with my three teenage kids and we stayed in one of the cottages. Absolutely perfect. We made full use of the kitchen and enjoyed staying literally across the street from the beach. I found the staff at the hotel extremely welcoming and helpful and we had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners, We will definitely come back to the Cutty Sark on our next trip to Virginia Beach!

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the cottages. . . perfect for families!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Linden, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

When you stay in a hotel you expect a certain amount of service for your dollar. The Cutty Sark is a very cute little motel with small kitchenettes in the room. The rooms are sparsely furnished and look like they're from 1960, but they are clean and comfortable. The location is fantastic, literally across the street from the beach.

• Stayed August 2012
MsJAKoch, Manager at Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write of your experience here at the Cutty Sark. We will see that the staff sees it. Guest kind comments make us all try even harder to make a visit to Virginia Beach and The Cutty Sark a memorable vacation. Do come again soon. Most Cordially
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and it was much nicer than I expected. The room was a good size and clean once we got in. Originally I was told that there wasn't a room with a balcony available but once I came to check in, we were given room 2. Even though there was a condo in front of us, I still think that it was a nice view of the beach. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and inviting. There wasn't any issues like I'd read on here previously. I will definitely return to this efficiency when I visit VA Beach again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Your kind words mean a lot to us. We appreciate the time you gave to write the review. We are
glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will come again soon. Kindest regards.
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We will definitley be back!! Perfect for families on a budget! Great location too! Right next to the beach, but not smack in the middle of all of the crowds. But not too far away either. We had the perfect (budget friendly) vacation!!!!! Next time we would like to check out one of their cottages!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hiram, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for a week. Had to clean the place thoroughly before we stayed, had pubic hair on our towels EVERYDAY, had holes in our covers, the fridge was rusty, the tv was a tube tv and did not have HBO as advertised. Was told to sweep the floor by the owner b/c my kids spilt chip crumbs. My inlaws from the area came to change into swim clothes for the beach and was I was told we weren't aloud to have visitors and needed to pay $10 each for them!! Was told that we were a distraction to other guests b/c of my kids and us washing clothes. The pool was outside of our window so we heard Every conversation out there! Was the worst Experience ever and the owner is rude as crap! Will never ever think about staying here again and will NEVER recommend it! The only nice thing about this place was the Man in the front office!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I do apologize. I do get upset when our hospitality is taken advantage of. When we register two adults and their two children into one of our efficiencies, that is the exact number of persons we expect to use our facilities. When there is a disturbance and we find more than twice that number of people in one room, using our facilities as a bath house for the day and in the pool, I do get upset. When we find food all over the floor being ground into our new carpet by all those people on it, I do get upset. Instead of getting upset, I should have called a professional cleaning service to clean it up and had the guest pay for it. Our staff works very hard to keep our little hotel clean and welcoming. They are not expecting this sort of abuse to the rooms they care for. But, I should not have gotten upset. The conversations by the pool, that is something we will work on. Many guests request that room because it is so close and convienient to the pool. However, I can see where it could be a problem for others.

Been to Cutty Sark Efficiency Motel? Share your experiences!