“Good service, good food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Captain George's Seafood

Captain George's Seafood
1956 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 (Northeast Virginia Beach)
+1 757-428-3494
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 1,256 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Hamburgers, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good service, good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We go to VA Beach yearly, first night is always at Captain George.....the wait was longer that usual... we had a great waiter who took the time to describe and explain food and drinks that we saw and found interesting at the table over; we had crab legs which are always good; had a little of everything - always good and filling. As we come every year, I'd like to see more new dessert variety and more selection of vegetables to complete a meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Durham, North Carolina
“Great service and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ate at Captain George's Seafood on 8/18. The website states that the close at 9pm, but we called and were told they closed at 10pm. It was about a 10 minute drive from our oceanfront hotel. Upon arriving we were greeted at the door and then sent to a hostess. The hostess took us to a table that had settings for four. I thought she would remove the extra two settings since there were only two of us, but she didn't. We had a team of two waitors that were great. They removed all dirty plates quickly and refilled drinks were they were half empty. The only thing I asked for was some Old Bay and the waitor brought it immediately. As for the food, the crab legs were great. I also really liked the baked chicken and the deviled crab was good. The scallops which were over cooked and the breading on the shrimp wasn't very good either. The only sides I tried was the mac n cheese which tasted like it came frozen, brocoli, and shrimp pasta salad. The pasta salad would have been really good, but the shrimp tasted strange. I may have missed them, but I didn't see any hushpuppies. The desserts were okay, I tried a little of several things. The fresh fruit mix was really good and the chocolate pudding was okay. The banana pudding had no cookies and didn't taste anything like banana pudding. The cheesecake was as good as the instant you make with the box. When I went to the bathroom I was drying my hands and i saw a hostess (wearing black, with long curly hair) walk out of the bathroom stall then breezed past me without washing her hands. I dried my hands exited and saw her standing at the hostess stand with maybe four other workers. I was shocked and disgusted. Overall the food was pretty good, but I thought because of the reviews and the cost ($80 something including tax and water) it would be a little better. I would have probably come back, but the no hand washing incident ruined it for me. My service was great. I just hope someone addresses the handwashing incidence with the staff member. It was around 10:00 pm on 8/18.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lisa C, Guest Relations Manager at Captain George's Seafood, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for visiting Captain George's in Virginia Beach. I am so happy most of your review was a positive one, as we strive to provide outstanding food and service. Thank you for your comment, as we rely heavily upon feedback from our guests. Our employee policy on cleanliness and frequent hand washing is mandatory upon exiting the restroom for any reason. The last stall in the women's restroom is equipped with a sink. Therefore, I am certain that the hostess used this stall and washed her hands in there before exiting the restroom. We have again addressed the importance of cleanliness at our daily staff meeting this afternoon. We hope to serve you again!
“Excellent food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The food is always amazing at captain George's and you expect it to be for 32$ a person, the crab legs are always what you want to go for first because of the price and they are awesome. The service her is always top notch and you expect it to be.

“Pricey, but well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is not a cheap place to eat, but the price is well worth it! Being a buffet, we were skeptical at first...but this food is amazing! Enormous assortment of seafood, and other items and the food is always hot and fresh. This place will always be a stop for us when we travel to VA Beach

Visited September 2013
Mebane
“Pricey, but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

They have a huge selection of food on the buffet. Our waiter was very friendly and the staff had fresh food constantly coming out. The price of the buffet is $32 - which is a bit steep for a buffet. Not sure I would go back for that price.