“The Best Hidden Gem of Virginia Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa
You added Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa to your Saves list
2252 Indian River Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23456   |
Chesapeake, Virginia
“The Best Hidden Gem of Virginia Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

From the moment my husband made a call to Country Villa, Petie made an impact. I'm gluten-intolerant, and she went above and beyond to make sure she crafted a 3-course gourmet breakfast that I could eat. I've NEVER been to any place that has ever done this especially since breakfast foods tend to be made with wheat. Some places just don't care. :( But Petie DID and won my heart with the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies ever upon our arrival. The property was stunning and was an aesthetically-appealing daycation that I needed. My husband and I are local and foresee ourselves just getting away to this place often in the future. I love this place, I love the food, I love the people. I can't say much more beyond LOVE.

Room Tip: My favorite room is the Chambre d'Elodie!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

From the moment I arrived at Country Villa I felt like I was right at home. Petie came to greet me at the car and gave me the royal treatment! From the fresh-baked cookies and botttle of wine awaiting me to the beautifully appointed room (complete with jacuzzi tub) I felt instantly relaxed.

Petie and Phil were so gracious and fed me until I couldn't eat anymore! The breakfast is out of this world!

The room and inn are immaculate and beautifully decorated. It's also conveniently located 10 minutes from shopping and restaurants and maybe 15-20 to the beachfront.

I HIGHLY recommend this is you want something out of the way and looking for something more "homey" than a traditional hotel room.

Thanks Petie and Phi!!

-Christina Reynolds

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Country Villa B & B this past weekend. I had seen reviews on the internet and thought we'd give it a try. I am glad we did. The location was great for the activities we had planned. Petie and Phil, the owners, were terrific. Petie and I had a phone discussion prior to our arrival to discuss our dietary restrictions; my husband is a vegetarian. Petie went above and beyond the call of duty to make him happy. We stayed in the Elodie suite. It was very comfortable and private. Great jetted tub with lots of candles for romantic ambiance. Breakfast was served in the living room right outside our bedroom. The couple staying in the other suite was served in the living room outside their bedroom. We couldn't see or hear each other at all. The food is wonderful. Three courses of delicious, interesting food. This inn made our celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary very special!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We are locals and stayed at this B&B for two nights just to have some time to ourselves. The owners are very warm and friendly, which made us very comfortable. The room we stayed in (Emily) was decorated beautifully and extremely clean. The breakfast was delicious, very filling, and wonderful presentation. We did not eat lunch either day! We enjoyed our couples massage and were able to schedule the time we wanted with no problems. We had a wonderful experience and the only thing that kept it from being perfect was that we were unable to sleep in passed 7:15AM. We could hear the other guests going in/out front door and breakfast being prepared. We were hoping to sleep in and wake up on our own terms. We would recommend this B&B to others and plan on returning when it is warm so that we can enjoy the pool as well!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Let me start off by saying thank you to Petie and Phil for such a relaxing, luxurious and delicious weekend!! My fiancé and I along with another couple stayed with Petie and Phil for the weekend of 3/4/11. From the time we entered the front door we felt like we were kings and queens! The atmosphere is so relaxing and romantic just what the doctor ordered. Not to mention the unbelievable breakfast that was tasty and filling- the stuffed French toast and the peach desserts were amazing! I have even asked Petie for her recipes! It was top notch all the way and the location was great it was far enough away from the busy areas but close enough to restaurants, movie theaters, malls and etc. This should be the #1 B&B in VA Beach as you will see during your visit! I am a very picky person with my vacation destinations so please believe the great reviews they are 100% accurate! Again Petie and Phil thank you for such a great getaway and we shall return!!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

This was our first time visiting a B&B and it was definitely a great experience. They made us feel very welcome and they were very accommodating. We are locals and just wanted a night out by ourselves. We had a wonderful time. The highlight of our trip was the 3 course breakfast in the morning. Everything was perfect. Thank you Petie and Phil!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake Beach, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

My wife booked this trip for me as a birthday surprise. We are always running around and never take time to relax. She figured if we got far enough away from home, we could chill out for awhile. We had an amazing time at this B&B. The owners treated us like we were family and the place is absolutely beautiful. We did not use the hot tub but we did have a couples massage. The breakfast was out of this world both mornings. There were plently of snacks and drinks if needed and if there was anything we needed, we just had to ask. This was our first experience in a B&B, but we would definately go back and stay with Petie and Phil again in the future! Absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa? Share your experiences!