“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
STAUNTON
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This motel is located 1 block from the "main drag" - very convenient and little more quiet. Our room was absolutely spotless - large w/ kitchenette area and separate bedroom with 2 double beds. This is not a fancy place - if you want fancy expect to pay at least 2-3 x's the price. However, it is a great location, it's quiet, and it's clean. Check-in was speedy and friendly. I left my wallet behind and housekeeping turned it in. The manager called me when I was on my way home. Too far to turn around so they mailed it to me. How's that for honesty and service?! If I ever return to Virgina Beach I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: There is a bus that runs along Atlantic ( the main drag) that will take you along the strip for $2 p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Samir C, Manager at Beach Carousel Motel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at Beach Carousel Motel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and mentioned our wonderful staff, great accommodations and amenities. I thank you for choosing Beach Carousel Motel and we look forward to see you return in future.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The rooms were very spacious and we had the deluxe apt which had 2 bathrooms which made it even better, pool was nice, the room smelled clean when you first go in, staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed 14th thu -17th and price was great, will definately be staying here again.

Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We booked a last minute weekend trip at $69/night. Great location, only about a block or so to the boardwalk and pier. The outside needs some updating. The pool area was well maintained. The staff are nice.

We stayed in a double bed room that had a mini fridge and slightly rusted microwave. The bathroom appeared to have been renovated and was stocked with plenty of towels. The room seemed clean, but needed some updates. The door to the room didn't close well and would stick. I think the door might have been kicked in at some point if judging by the jamb. You can hear other guests and traffic fairly easily while inside the room.

The beds and pillows were an issue for me. Whatever the mattresses and pillows are wrapped in do not allow body heat to escape so you overheat and sweat as you try to sleep. I did much tossing and turning just to try cool sides.

All in all, a good value if you're not too picky about things.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Samir C, Manager at Beach Carousel Motel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking to write a feedback on your stay with us. I apologize for inconvenience that you encounter during you stay. We will worked more hard to make your and other stay joyful with us.

Thank you once again.
Idyllwild, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Where do we begin??? Very simple, the best part of the Beach Carousel is the location of the property....and nothing more. The "non-smoking room" reaked of smoke from the first moment we walked in. Stained bed spreads, plastic covered matresses and pillows, not sure when the blankets were ever washed, moldy shower curtain, window soiled with finger/hand prints on both the exterior and interior, clutter under the futon and under TV center from previous guests, stains on the concrete block walls, faulty switch on one light, and a toaster that likes to catch fire, stains of the wall hangings... just to name a few items that still stick out 5 days after we left (maybe because the stink still lingers in my luggage!!)...and this just covers the room. For some reason, staying at the Beach Carousel brought a whole new meaning of "tailgating"...several other guests just hung out all day and most of the evenings in the back of their pick-ups smoking, drinking, and doing who knows what else...this doesn't add much to the experience except to tell me maybe their rooms were just as filthy as ours and the back of a pick-up is cleaner than a filthy room. These guests weren't loud or disruptive, but when looking out your window and walking out your door tjhe first thing you are presented with is a tailgate party 3 feet way....well, this just adds more to the "experience".

In a nut shell, we aren't picky people who spend much time in a hotel room while traveling (just looking for a clean place to sleep and shower) and pretty much will adjust and accept almost anything, BUT this was the one and only time we'll stay at Beach Carousel. I'd rather sleep on a bench at a landfill dump than stay here...NEVER AGAIN!!

Lastly, if you do stay here and make onliine reservations, bring your reservation reciept..."somehow" $100 was added to my bill which was quickly refunded once the reservation reciept was presented and the extra charge was questioned. No explaination was given for the extra charge, which told me this was a common "mistake".

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Samir C, Manager at Beach Carousel Motel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Please accept our apologies for not making your stay pleasant. We are known for best costumer service an cleanness in the Virginia Beach, but it appears that we did not meet your expectation. your comment is taken very seriously and acted upon. we are throughly sorry for your unpleasant stay.
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Where do we start. Being from Fargo N.D., we planned our vacation on-line. We were at the mercy of reviews for our accommodations. Well the Beach Carousel kept popping up with positive reviews. So we took a chance on the motel. How can I describe our stay? GREAT!!! From the moment we arrived we felt at ease. The front desk was extremely helpful. They explained that parking is limited but you will always have a spot. TRUE! When we opened the door to our room...what a surprise! The smell of clean, tons of towels, full size fridge, nice bedding (even had allergy covers for the mattresses). Super friendly staff. My daughter accidentally locked us out of the bathroom. The maintenance man was therein a matter of minutes. He said that he was going to have to take the door and frame apart. I thought oh great. So we left for about 30 minutes window shopping. When we came back the door was repaired and the frame was painted! GREAT SERVICE!! Nice and CLEAN laundry facility. we noticed some reviews complain about spending a quarter for ice. Well that made sure that their was always available. GREAT IDEA! Bottom line is that I will recommend this motel to anyone that is looking to spend your vacation dollars doing the fun things instead of wasting it on a bed with a view. One other thing, this motel is so centrally located that there is no need to drive!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My family just recently vacationed at va beach and this motel was wonderful. The cleaning staff was very nice and came in everyday. The office staff were very helpful and extremely nice. Perfect location just a 2 min walk (if that) from the beach and 2 streets down from the pier. I loved this motel and will def. stay next year. The pool was clean, the ac worked wonderfully and the bathrooms were very nice. I would recommend this motel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2012
Petersburg, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The motel was nice, clean, and roomy. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel was also close to the beach and boardwalk. You don't hear any traffic. I will stay again. They supplied the dishes for the family of 4. I stayed a partial week, July 15 - 18. The motel was very easy to find, the parking was a little tight and you can only have 1 vehicle, which was inconvenient, then trying to find a place to park was a pain for the second vehicle. If you want Ice Cream it was just around the corner, the same for pizza. The grocery store was just a few blocks away and the Dollar stores were there as well, just in case you forgot something. Which I did. Everyone was very nice. If you would go outside to sit and watch traffic or people, your neighbors were very polite. The Attendant at the front desk was very helpful. One thing that was a little annoying was that you could hear noise from the other room beside you or the walking upstairs. Hearing a baby scream was not at the top of agenda on the first night. That really is the only flaw I can really think of that bothered me. The hotel was again very nice, clean, and inexpensive. I do recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach Carousel Motel? Share your experiences!