“My first Candlewood - I will be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk

You added Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4437 Bonney Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #65 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Southern US
“My first Candlewood - I will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I was looking to go to the beach over Labor Day weekend, and had Priority Club points to use. This hotel popped up on the list so I decided to give it a try, even though I had never stayed at a Candlewood before. I was pleasantly surprised - my room was pleasant and comfortable, the kitchen appliances were nice, and the little store downstairs offered any snack I could have wanted, and trusted us to be honest in telling them what we chose (not something you see much of these days). I noticed there was a grill guests could use, and the property offered a cookout for their guests mid-week, which sounded nice as Candlewoods are supposed to be extended-stay properties and it probably gets old staying in your room every night. The one negative was that my room was next to the stairs, and the door isn't quiet when it closes. Otherwise, an excellent trip, and close to good restaurants, grocery stores and the highway!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
melindawarren, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Dear SuziQ22:

Thank you so much for staying with us on your trip to VA Beach! We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review on your stay with us. We strive for 100 % guest satisfaction. Feedback tells us what we are doing right and what we are can improve on.

I am so glad you got a chance to enjoy all of our great amenities. We do try to make this home away from home for our guest. As you stated we have guests that stay with us for awhile and we want them comfortable. Next time make sure you request to be away from the stairways and in the meantime I will have maintenance look at the door and see if we can make it be not as loud.

Warm Regards,
Melinda L. Warren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

The sales team and hotel staff here are excellent. If you find a deficiency in anything they do, they will fix it expeditiously. I have stayed in this Candle Wood and the one in Chesapeake. They are friendly, courteous and always willing to accommodate you in everything. Can't find a deal on the web? Call them! They work with people, they're always reasonable and get back to ASAP! My children loved their stay here and there is plenty of malls and restaurants in the area to choose from. They are in Central Virginia Beach near the heart of it all and have many ammenities. Free laundry, pool, hot tub, 24 hr fitness center and spacious rooms! How much more could you ask for?! Great place!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

My Co-worker and I stay at the Candlewood Suites in Virginia Beach, Va at least 4 to 5 nights a month and the staff is extremely polite and helpful. The rooms are great and very kozy and spacious. Not to mention the sales team is very accomadating and helpful in whatever our needs are.

You will definately miss out if you pass this property by.

Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We (9 of us) needed a nice hotel at a good rate for a 9 day stay and this hotel was just the right place. The kitchen area is really nice for preparing our own meals. The staff was about the nicest I have seen while traveling. The people working the front desk kept busy with keeping the lobby clean and other cleaning task when they were not busy at the desk. They were willing to help with anything that was needed. Brandi, the director of sales was very helpful with getting our reservations setup for our trip. Good place to stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Friendly staff, clean and modern rooms, comfortable accommodations, all made for an excellent stay. I would recommend Candlewood Suites to anyone and plan on staying there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2010
richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

If your looking for complete satisfaction in all areas, you need to stay here. This "TEAM" goes above and beyond the call of duty to meet and exceed your expectations. You will relax and enjoy the team of Virginia Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I'm writing this review approximately 1 hour before I needed to wake-up, and that's how it's been for the week I've stayed here.
The reason being is that the walls are so thin that my neighbors wake-up call from the front desk sounds like it's coming from my room.
I swore off Candlewoods two years ago, and now I remember why.
On the "pro" side -The price was fair, and the location was central to my needs.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
melindawarren, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Dear Drufasa:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you. I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel.
We think we’re in a great location – and our guests love our proximity to Towne Center.

Sorry you were not able to get a good nght sleep. I wish we would have known and we would have made sure we took care of it while you were here. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Candlewood Suites VA Beach real soon! We’re eager to show you our hospitality!

Been to Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk? Share your experiences!