“Quality and value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk

You added Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4437 Bonney Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #65 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Centreville, Virginia
“Quality and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I was happy and satisfied that I stayed with CWS for my weekend getaway. Complimentary wifi, laundry and dryer,gym,newspaper. Everyroom is equipped with a mini kitchen with a microwave. Plenty of parking in a private lot. $75 non refundable pet fee. Pet area is clean. This place has everything I needed and has surpassed my expectations.. Would love to stay here again in the future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much PurpleYams for your kind words on our hotel. It is always great to hear that our guest enjoyed their stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Va Beach. We take pride in being a pet friendly hotel. Let me know when you are ready to come back for another great getaway and I will be glad to book another stay for you. Take Care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My 16 year old son and I needed temporary lodging (a total of 47 days) while work was being done to our home in Virginia Beach. I ended up at Candlewood only after booking at another hotel down the street which was dirty, smelly and in dire need of renovation inside and out - there was no way my son and I would stay one night there, so I cancelled my reservation and called Candlewood. When I arrived, the hotel was clean on the outside, very nice on the inside and Nichelle was understanding enough to show me an empty room which was modern, spacious and clean.

Every single employee I encountered during my stay was pleasant, professional and helpful. The facilities were clean and accessible any time I needed them; the housekeeping service was wonderful. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, facing a pretty busy street - no noise, curtains were plenty dark if I wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca,
It was such a pleasure having you and your son as our guest for an extended stay. I was happy to hear that my team member Nichelle was able to welcome you and make you feel at home away from home. We wish you the best and let us know if you are any family coming in to town needs lodging we will be glad to accomdate.
Waverly, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This location continues to provide a strong performance in all catagories! Always a great welcome as if they know I've stay there before even if they are meeting us for the first time. Give you a good feeling of warmth.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Don,
Glad I got to see you for a brief moment on your last trip here. We do always look forward to your return to the Candlewood Suites Va Beach. Thank you so much for your kind words on hotel and staff. We hope to see you again real soon! Have a great Holiday Season if we don't see you.
Pondicherry, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This place is really good. This is my second stay after I stayed in Candlewood in NJ last year. The amenities are really good and self-contained. The house keeping service is good and the reception staff are nice. I especially like to mention Nichelle at frontdesk. She is smart in taking care of any issues you run through. There are other people in the housekeeping who are very good too. Generally a good team. Unfortunately don't remember many of the names. Look forward to stay here next time in the US too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I love this place, and it has some great prices... The location is 10 minutes away from Virgina Beach. I stayed in this place twice in one month. The only thing is that this place has no swimming pool .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melinda W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review Temeka! We loved that you have already stayed with us twice in a month and can't wait for you to come back and see us again. Bring your swimsuit next time and take a dip in the Crowne Plaza's indoor pool (all of our guest have access to our sister propertie's pool and other amenities in the same parking lot).
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The staff is always friendly and helpful. If you need directions, they get them for you, if you need an extra towel they bring you one to your room. Several times a month they have a picnic for all guests for a Wednesday Night dinner.

The rooms are spacious with full sized refrigerators and dishwahwashers. The bathroom is clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. Stayed in this location for 8 months this year on business and will go back...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review Craig! It was great getting to know you while you were here in Virginia Beach. We look forward to seeing you at the cook out when you come to visit your daughter or maybe complete a century bike ride (Knotts Island Century is coming up!).
Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The stay has been very good. I've been here for three weeks now and the staff has done all they could to make me feel at home. The price is right and is within driving distance to many places around. Shopping malls the beach area night life at city center and many other things. The rooms are clean and set up nice and kept clean. Parking is plentiful even for some larger vehicles. They have a small gym with up to date equipment and access to the hotel just across the way with a pool and sauna. Over all a very good place to stay for a long term stay.

Room Tip: Call early
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk? Share your experiences!