“Rude Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Rude Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Recently made a reservation for one night, but due to the upcoming tropical storm (possibly a hurricane), called to see if we could change the date. Unfortunately, they would not let me make the change. I would be OK with that (even though I lost $300), but they were extremely RUDE on the phone. Customer Service is key - even when delivering news that the customer does not want to hear. Looks like they just lost a customer FOREVER!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Good morning Richmondgal 1

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the unacceptable issues you experienced with our reservations team during Tropical storm Arthur which are not consistent with our standards, nor what our guests expect when staying at our resort. Your comments have been shared with our Reservation's manager and corrective action has been taken. We also welcome the opportunity to make this matter up to you. Please contact me at Ronelle.Leach@goldkeyphr.com so we can further discuss. Again, thank you for taking time to leave your feedback and we hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Ocean Beach Club is purported to be the Premier Vacation Experience on Virginia Beach's Ocean front. We became owners of the time share/Hotel several years ago,when Phase 2 was just completed & absolutely LOVED every part of it. The pools, the ambiance, the upscale atmosphere. This year, we were greatly disappointed. (See this years review of Tortuga's.)
When we walked in the room, we were greeted by a oversized super fan and "shop-vacuum". Apparently there was a problem with the A/C unit which kept soaking the carpet. It was an issue most of the week....after several days of complaints the A/C unit was finally replaced.
The toilet paper hanger DIDN'T hang the toilet paper...it kept falling on the floor. The wire basket in the shower was broken and wires stuck out from it. On and on I could go.

Then there was "Family movie night" It was suppose to be by the pool on the deck. We were told by the Concierge at the desk that because of the weather it was being held on the 10th floor sun deck of the OCEANAIRE. Long story short... about 50 people (Parents & young children) almost missed the movie because it never was moved from the poolside area. Our son discovered that the movie was down there...no one from the resort told us. In fact, when we called the concierge desk, the told us again the movie was on the 10th floor sun deck. When we told the staff running the movie about all the people up on the sundeck & that the concierge told us the movie was up there, there said they knew nothing about it!!!!

In summery, usually you get what you pay for. Pay a lot get a lot. No so anymore with the Ocean Beach Club & Oceanaire (where you're suppose to feel like a 'millionaire at the ocean.')

We've got our timeshare & we'll continue to use it because it's paid for & it's ours to enjoy. But there's no way to feel like a millionaire here anymore.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Good afternoon William and Sandra Popp

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club. We hope you enjoyed your timeshare week and we appreciate your kind comments about ambiance and upscale atmosphere. I also appreciate your comments regarding the HVAC repairs you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.
Sangerville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our stay at the Ocean Beach Club was amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Access to 4 pools and a beautiful ocean view. My only complaint is that there were no recycling bins to be found in the entire complex.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean front upon checking in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking time to leave us positive feedback about your stay at Ocean Beach Club. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendly/helpful staff and 4 pools. Your kind comments will be shared with our team. We look forward to being of service to you during future visits to Virginia Beach.
Robbinsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with my BIL's family. We had an Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite.
It is kind of pricey, but the the location, it is well worth it. right on the beach and plenty of restaurants nearby. 3 pools at Ocean club and you could also use the adults only pool and club some steps away.

We did pay for parking but many of the hotels on the beach charge that. My only complaint is that they could not accommodate our request to be on the same floor even thought we booked it in advance. We also had to remind them to completely clean our room and replace the towels and sheets. I would recommend others to stay because of location and the pools.

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean front, well worth the extra $ and waking up to the sunset was awesome
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club Resort. We hope you enjoyed your 3 night family vacation and we appreciate your kind comments about our location, pools and ocean front views. I also appreciate your comments regarding our inability to get your rooms together. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.
Clarksburg, wv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at the OBC this weekend. I booked at the last minute and had very few options. I chose the OBC because it had everything I wanted, but I got taken on the price. I paid about $420 per night with everything included. I was Ok with that because I hoped it would be something amazing, but I was not that impressed. I would have been pleased at about half the price. One major complaint I had was my A/C unit did not work the first night we were there and they had nobody available to fix it. We were offered the chance to move to another room but our daughter was already asleep and it was not worth the hassle. I thought they may offer me a discount for that night, no dice. I am also not impressed with the design of the building because the pool gets no sun after about 1:30 pm, and the pool is very small for such a big resort. They do have a second kiddie pool, and an indoor option, but the main pool is still too small and overcrowded. I also decided to participate in the timeshare presentation, the sales person was very nice and did not pressure us, but I really was not interested. Very overpriced, just like the room. Also the bed was terribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club Resort. We hope you enjoyed your weekend visit to Virginia Beach and we appreciate your kind comments about our nice place. I also appreciate your comments regarding the price value and broken A/C you experienced during your stay. I was happy to hear that our staff did offer to move you that night it stopped working. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.
Parlin, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We used an exchange to visit our daughters in college in Virginia Beach by staying at the Ocean Beach Club in March 2014. The hotel is very pretty and right in the beach. We usually stay at the Sheraton, which is right next door. The only negative was that we had to pay to park. Parking is free at the Sheraton.

We also had a misunderstanding at checkin. I asked if there was cleaning everyday or only once a week. The girl at the front desk said that the room would be cleaned Wednesday, but there was a towel exchange. So I assumed that meant there was a towel exchange each day and we threw our soiled towels on the floor. It turns out the towel exchange is also only once a week, and we were stuck with dirty towels until Wednesday.

It was wonderful to have three bedrooms and two kitchens. I especially liked the layout. You go through the main door to your rooms and there is a foyer. Then there are two doors, one side was a two bedroom two bath. The other side was a one bedroom one bath. This was especially nice for us, being that we were traveling with our daughter and her baby.

We love Virginia Beach. It was March, but the temperatures hit In the 80/s one day. (The other days it was 70s). The outdoor pool was still open. I think they keep it opened all year.

All in all I would recommend the Ocean Beach Club.

Room Tip: We really liked the 3 bedroom.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club Resort. We hope you enjoyed your exchange week with us and we appreciate your kind comments about our room layouts. I also appreciate your comments regarding the weekly towel exchange you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed four nights at this wonderful hotel. The staff was very friendly. Especially the gentleman who help you to unload and load your car. They were always smiling and helpful. Lots of pools, even access to an adult pool next door at the Oceanaire. There are 3 pools at OBC and one that you can access at Oceanaire. Great indoor pool if the weather is not so nice. The street side units do not have a balcony and that was something we missed. The kitchen has what you need but limited numbers. 4 plates for the room that sleeps 4 but that means you must always do your dishes. It is available to nightly rental and as a time share exchange. Parking is right across the street but you must pay for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front unit so you can have a balcony. I think that the rooms on the end may have b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club Resort. We hope you enjoyed your 4 day family vacation with us and we appreciate your kind comments about (friendly staff and pools. I also appreciate your comments regarding the limited dishes you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments. Enjoy your summer and we look forward to serving you again.

Been to Ocean Beach Club? Share your experiences!