“Last minute get away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Saluda, Virginia
“Last minute get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After reading all the reviews, I was very nervous to go to the Ocean Beach Club, but it turned out great. The room we selected was the smallest room that they offer, but the space was compact and perfectly laid out and just what we needed. There is a small kitchenette, a table and a bathroom which had a very deep tub... (not jetted). The entertainment center was also the dresser/armoire. There was a nice flat screen TV with a blue ray player and the sides of the cabinet you can hang your clothes and the bottom of the cabinet held the drawers. We stayed on the North side, with a view of the ocean, facing the construction of the new building, but they didn't work on Sunday. The price was just hard to beat. I looked at other Hotels (named brand) and the prices were higher.. If I was going to pay $150 for a night, I want to have luxury and this place has that. The pools are great they have indoor, outdoor, hot tubs and plenty of lounge chairs, you have access to the Oceanair, the neighboring property and you can order drinks and food by the pool and they have an adult only section. The whole experience was a resort feel. I very much enjoyed it and will go back again when I have the money or if the price drops. You just have to remember that the place is a time share and the rooms are attached as such and we saw plenty of people on tours.

Room Tip: The North side of the Hotel is where the construction is going on. They will charge you a $100 inci...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Your comments made my day! Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Our team was delighted to hear you were pleased with our resort during your last minute trip. We look forward to being of service to you again on your upcoming trips to Virginia Beach. Thanks again for your kind comments and business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

we exchange out timeshare to go to this hotel..I was worry because of the reviews in this site but took the chance. Well the hotel was very nice in a fantastic location ..the pool were nice and you are able to use the pool of the attached property( occeannarie) which was adult only which I enjoy...
check in was fine .. I am aware when you are a timeshare owner you get you room clean once during the week which is fine with me ..however in every place I been I am able to exchange my towels.. I was in total shock when they totally refused to give clean towel.. it was insane to see they are willing to make customer unhappy and risk bad reviews over stupid towels...they girl in front desk went and ask a supervisor and the supervisor said I have to paid 10 dollars I was so upset that it took me a couple of days to write this review because I wanted to be fair and had to let a little time go by or I would be very negative.. over all s a nice property however the management has not regard for theirs customers....so they are bound to do bad with all these bad reviews they are getting..

Room Tip: bring your own towels
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club Resort. We appreciate your comments regarding the lack of daily cleaning service you experienced during your week with us. Our owner's base have chosen to keep their annual maintenance fees low, by minimizing their weekly housekeeping expenses. The resort does offer daily cleaning and towel exchange for an additional fee for the owners and exchange guest who request it. Thank you again for your feedback.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Some friends of ours came to visit VA Beach and stayed at this location so we decided to get a room and hang out with them at the beach also! Loved this property! Very clean. Staff friendly. Directly on the beach. Full kitchen. Ocean view was great! I would recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
VBGM1, General Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Your comments made my day! Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Our team was delighted to hear you were pleased with our clean rooms and friendly staff. We look forward to being of service to you again on your upcoming trips to Virginia Beach. Thanks again for your kind comments and business.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Checked in early and we were given a beach view which was a nice surprise, after check out we were asked about doing the time share tour, which would be a theme for our stay. Overall the hotel is very clean, the rooms are a little small if you have a lot of bags, the pools are very small. All thing considered it was worth the deal we had just for the view alone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Your comments made my day! Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Our team was delighted to hear you were pleased with our "very clean hotel". We look forward to being of service to you again on your upcoming trips to Virginia Beach. Thanks again for your kind comments and business.
Middle Village, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I got this hotel by exchanging my timeshare via Interval International. I have started reading all the negative reviews after I booked this hotel. Based on these reviews I was expecting a run-down hotel with dirty rooms, rude staff and terrible food - well, nothing like that happened. In my opinion this hotel deserves 3.5 stars.
The hotel is situated in a great area: close to Neptune Park, restaurants and right on the beach. The staff is nice and always helpful. They did not bother me with any timeshare presentation but maybe because I stayed via timeshare exchange. There were many people who attended timeshare presentations. However, if you are not interested in buying a timeshare - skip presentations (just say "no"). I arrived around 12:00 am and check-in process was very fast. I did not get an oceanfront room but I did not request one. I stayed only 3 nights and spent most of the time outside the hotel. If you are going on vacation - request oceanfront room. I had a studio room which was really small (max 2 people and still claustrophobic). However, my room was clean and had a decent kitchenette. Bed was uncomfortable. Housekeeping is based on the type of guest:
1) if you are a hotel guest, housekeeping is daily and free of charge;
2) if you are a timeshare owner or exchanged timeshare (like me), housekeeping has to be ordered and there are different fees based on the type of cleaning you are requesting.
Beach towels were available daily next to the pool area. Yes, they keep record of how many towels you are taking and returning which is normal in most of the hotels. Swimming pools area looks nice and clean. However, I must agree that swimming pools were not the cleanest so I did not use them. Same with Jacuzzi. Drinks from Tortuga & Tiki Bar were good; food was not. There is a lot of restaurants in the area so you have plenty to choose from. Prices are similar to the ones in NY restaurants (standard ones). They offer self-parking for $8 per day across the street.
I would definitely stay there again for max 2-3 nights. However, if I would go on vacation (more than 3 nights) - at least oceanfront 1 bedroom suite would be a must.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for staying at the Ocean Beach Club. We hope you enjoyed your exchange time with us. We appreciate your kind comments about clean room and friendly staff. I also appreciate your comments regarding the uncomfortable bedding you experienced during your stay. I have followed up with our team to review our processes based on your feedback. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

OBC is a great location and offers the privacy of multiple rooms which is why we stay here every year. The check in process is usually very hectic as well as parking and loading/unloading your vehicle. The ocean front rooms offer a fantastic view of the ocean and the pools. The rooms could use some renovation - the pull out sofa is very uncomfortable; the actual beds are not very comfortable and the air conditioning unit right next to the bed is very loud. The kitchen is well equipped. The staff is very friendly. On the downside, the pool is not very clean and the "pool rules" are not enforced to allow adults only in the adult pool - kids were running around unsupervised by their parents. The construction next door begings early morning; however, OBC does provide you with that information when booking.
The pool bar provides food and drink at reasonable prices but service is spotty at best.
Although we stay here every year, based on the cost, it may be wise to shop around next year.

Room Tip: Ocean front balcony rooms on the upper floors offer spectactual ocean views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Glen Rock, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just returned from a week stay at Ocean Beach Club with my husband and 2 kids ages 8 and 11. Overall, we had a great vacation in Virginia Beach and although I preferred this to a sister resort on 17th street we stayed at 3 years ago (Boardwalk), I don't think I would stay here again. We had a one bedroom with a beautiful view of the ocean and pool. The living room had a pull out sofa bed for the kids which was adequate. The kitchen was also fine for our needs (we ate breakfast and lunch in and went out for dinners). The complaint my husband and I have is that our bed was small (we definitely feel it was more like a double than a queen size) and very uncomfortable. We also did not like that the air conditioning unit right next to the bed was very noisy to listen to. There was construction going on next door, but although sometimes noisy during the day, it didn't really bother me very much. We felt that the resort staff were all very nice, the pool area was lovely, and the beach was wonderful. I called the concierge several times over the week and they were very helpful. However, the uncomfortable bed would really prevent me from staying here again. We had stayed our 1st night at the Hampton Inn South (there was not availability at Ocean Beach Club that night) and our bed was extremely comfortable and we had a great nights sleep. Once we checked into Ocean Beach Club, we didn't sleep well at all. If they were to upgrade their beds, I would enjoy returning to Ocean Beach Club.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on a high floor with an ocean front view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Beach Club? Share your experiences!