We shared a friends' timeshare. They used the Saturday through Monday and went Tuesday through Saturday. We weren't hassled at all about listening to the timeshare pitch. It was suggested but that was the end of that.
There is a start up pack for the kitchen including paper towels, dish washing liquid, dishwasher tablets, dish cloth and dish towel, a roll of paper towels and a supply of beach towels so you don't have to think about bringing these items. No big deal except I wouldn't have taken those items. Also there is a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board. Beach chairs are available for a daily fee, Wi-Fi also available with a $5 daily fee but is free in the lobby. Parking is free with the pass they give you at check in, otherwise it is $10 a day and the garage is about 1/2 block from the OBC. (Ocean Beach Club). (You can buy the beach towels for $25)
The in room jacuzzi tub was very nice. The suite was clean and nicely laid out. We had a one bedroom unit with ocean view on the 13th floor. I think the unit we had was called ocean view queen suite. The first unit to the east is oceanfront, then a ocean view unit and then the unit we had behind the 2nd unit. They also have city view only units.
The kitchen is well stocked with glassware, flatware and anything you would need to do a little bit of cooking. Mostly we ate breakfast cereal at the suite and ate out at various places in the area.
The coffee provided is not the best. And if you take your own coffee, you need to take coffee filters. However, there is a restaurant across the street and to the North directly across from Oceanaire that has breakfast foods and coffee, Pocahontas is the name of the restaurant. (Large for $1.75). There was coffee available to buy at the in hotel restaurant. Prices were decent, coffee was just so so. They don't serve the coffee until 8:30 a.m. They also have a very limited breakfast menu.
Just one block down on the boardwalk going South is the 33rd Street Cafe, oceanfront outdoor seating for lunch and dinner (Dinner wasn't being served during our off season stay). We are lunch there one day and the prices were reasonable and the food was very good.
We walked a lot and shopped some, sat on the beach, walked the boardwalk. You can't beat the location. Catch 31 Restaurant and Neptunes is close by and to the South but we didn't try those out. There is also an on site restaurant. We didn't try it either but wish we had. It was always busy, a good sign of good food/beverages.
We did swim around a little in the outdoor pool. I was disappointed that there wasn't a hot tub in the indoor pool. I think the one section was supposed to be a hot tub but it was opened up into the regular pool section. But that wasn't a problem since there was an in room jacuzzi. However, other reviews that I have read state the OBC guests can use the Oceanaire hot tub.
There is one elevator at OBC that the door closes rather quickly. It's the one that is first on the left side going from the lobby area. Just be careful.
We had no problems with the room or housekeeping, etc. We got exchange of towels on Thursday and asked for extra wash cloths and that wasn't any problem. If you want clean/new towels daily, there is a fee. If you get towels every other day, there isn't a fee.
The pillows were a little lumpy. I was wishing we had taken our own pillows. Otherwise the furnishings were satisfactory.
We would stay here again, given the opportunity. The ocean view room was satisfactory considering our use arrangement. There wasn't any chair on the small balcony but I understand that is because of safety issues.
If you want to use the washer/dryer units, they are located on the even floors and are paid machines, which is fine if you have the $1.50 and $1 for using them.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia Beach
- Ocean Beach Club Virginia
- Ocean Beach Virginia
- Ocean Beach Club Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest oceanfront resorts in Virginia Beach, Ocean Beach Club features upscale studios with kitchenettes, and 1- and 2-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens and separate living rooms with queen sleeper sofas. Resort amenities include an oceanfront adult only infinity pool with bar service, an indoor pool with cascading water features, two outdoor oceanfront pools including a children's pool, a 17th floor ocean view fitness center, and a Game Room. Guests can enjoy a specialty cocktail at Ultra Martini Lounge, or dine poolside for breakfast, lunch or dinner at Tortugas Café & Tiki Bar.Accommodations feature private balconies with city views or ocean views, jetted tubs in suites, cable TV with premium channels, DVD players, free Wi-Fi and in-room safes. Ocean Beach Club also offers laundry facilities onsite, a concierge to plan excursions and a Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Loews Hotels, Amex, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.