“Four Sails I Shall Return!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$59 Special Now!
Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Springfield, Illinois
“Four Sails I Shall Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I drove down after I had business meetings in DC. We used the Four Sails as our homebase for the week before Memorial Day. When I walked into our 2 bedroom I about fell over....had two bedrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room and 3 full bathrooms! All of this with a balcony from every room overlooking the water! I loved it....unfortunately, the temperature dropped about twenty degrees within the hour so we had to look for alternative activities rather than just beach. That was ok too! We toured Norfolk (about one half hour away)with its art gallery and naval sights, Williamsburg (about 45 minutes away)with its history and outlet shopping and Virginia Beach warbirds museum, coast guard site and finally we got temperatures that allowed the beach....The Four Sails was clean, updated, friendly, helpful and the best location right on the beach. We just wish we had more people with us this trip to really take advantage of all the room we had. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Winchester, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

I stayed at the Four Sails for 3 nights in June 2009, and I was very impressed. I have been staying in another all-suites hotel on my last two visits to Virginia Beach, but this time I decided to try the Four Sails. The rooms were spacious, and I loved having two balconies. The oceanfront location is great, and there is a cafe on the first floor. All the staff members I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again, and in fact hope to return this fall.

• Stayed June 2009
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our week over the 4th of July holiday at Four Sails. Yes, it is an older building that could use some updating. However, the other amenities make up for this. We had a one bedroom unit with balconies off the beach and Atlantic Avenue. The full kitchen enabled us to have breakfast and lunch in the room most days. The hotel allows you to rent bikes for one hour at a time, which we did. They also have beach chairs and sand toys you can borrow. Internet access is available. The front desk staff is very helpful with information. The restaurant downstairs is good and inexpensive. The pool, while small, is private and inviting (located on the 4th floor). The hotel is 2 blocks from 31st St. which has live music every night. Our kids, aged 6 and 9 had a blast! The one elevator is slow, but this was not an issue for us since we were on the 3rd floor. I would definitely return to Four Sails.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

we stayed at the Four Sails for one night. The decor in the hotel was kinda scary. But once we got to the room, it was perfect. Not too fancy- but would be great for a week at the beach. We had a balcony overlooking the beach/boardwalk and another overlooking the strip. 2 big screen flat panel TV's. Bed was - OK could use better pillows. Jacuzzi in room was nice. No free breakfast, but the cafe downstairs had decent prices with oceanfront view, the dessert was not very good though. But it was ok. Biggest downfall other than hotel decor is Elevator... only 1 and long waits. Pool was nice, fitness center was adequate

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Four Sails is an unforgettable experience. My family and I had a wonderful time. The accommodation was AWESOME!!! Stellar views and splendid ambiance. This was a perfect location for our spring break and it was exactly what the doctor ordered!! Indoor pool, Jacuzzi room, together with VA beach and beach activities made it a classic stay for our family of 4. We are definitely planning a return in the near future

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

The room was very clean and comfortable for our 4 night stay. Everything we needed was at our fingertips. The pool was ideal for my daughter as the weather was cool & breezy.

We were delighted with our stay & are already planning next years stay.

The only let down was the tight parking area, but the view from our balcony made it easy to forget the parking hassles.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

The Four Sails has everything a couple could need for a week of fun and relaxation. The unit is small but everything is provided except food. The bed was wonderful. The staff is great. One could not ask for better service and the restaurant on the ground floor is very nice and the food is very good. The people working there are friendly and pleasant as well.
We enjoyed our stay very much and would stay there again if the occasion presents itself.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Sails Resort? Share your experiences!