“great overall experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“great overall experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I came into the Four Sails through RCI for a week in December with my boyfriend. I was impressed how quick and easy check-in was. The king sized suite was perfect for two people. It came equipped with everything you might need. Nice sized kitchen with stove, microwave, full refrigerator, plenty of counter space and a dishwasher. The living room has plenty of seating with a pull out couch a 4 extra chairs. There were also two high top bar stools that looked into the kitchen which was nice. There was also a bookshelf included with a nice stereo which we enjoyed. The room was nice with a king sized bed and a flat screen TV. With a big sized closet, dresser and a nightstand there was plenty of storage area for your personal items. I liked about the room that there was an extra vanity area to get ready at that had a big mirror (and an addition pull out make-up mirror) a sink and lots of room for all my hair and makeup items. The bathroom was nice with the biggest Jacuzzi tub. Loved it. The balcony was perfect too with two doors (one in the bedroom and one in the living room) that stretched across the whole room. The walk to the room in the hallway was kind of scary though since we were on the 12th floor and its just a balcony looking over the parking lot with no glass or anything. If you are afraid of heights you might want to request a lower floor. Parking was okay, the garage is kind of tight but since it was winter i always had a spot on the ground floor. There is daily housekeeping that come and take the trash and bring towels which was cool, staff was very friendly every time. The front desk was nice and very accommodating when it came to anything we needed. The pool area and some of the hallways and entrances could use some updating but other than that everything was very nice. I would stay here again. :] thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our third time staying at the Four Sails Resort. I knew to expect a resort that is slightly dated but one that was spotless clean, well decorated with spacious rooms, windows in kitchen and bath, two balconies (den/bedroom), convertible sofa in den, large closets, two flat screen tvs, free wireless, full kitchen with pots/pans/dished/etc (and we took advantage of that!), dvd player with full speaker system, tight parking, guest laundry, on site cafe, free bicycles which rent for $10 to $20/hour at other beach spots, free computer in lobby, eighth floor sun deck, fitness room with dry sauna and weights, reasonably priced video rentals, and very accommodating, friendly and highly ethical customer service. This time we had a jacuzzi tub as well. And the indoor pool was just steps from our fourth floor location. Since this was the off season, we didn't mind that our bedroom faced Atlantic Blvd. However, during the summer months, be sure to bring ear plugs because the street noise might disturb your sleep. The balcony off the den area was a perfect spot to take in the beautiful ocean views, people watch and take in the view of the annual Holiday Light show for free (those who drove down the boardwalk had to pay $10 per car).

The Four Sails is a few blocks from a large Harris Teeter grocery store and across the street from a delicious pizza joint, the Pizzeria.

BTW, it is a timeshare and I'm not a timeshare owner. But it didn't matter, because I got an excellent rate using this TripAdvisor site (almost half off). Now while there if you want to purchase a Four Sails timeshare, they have bargain basement sales offers with no pressure sales. But be warned, when walking up and down Atlantic Ave, there will be lots of smiling pressure sales people at every other block or so, attempting to sign you up for their 90 minute timeshare 'tour' and 'gift'. Oh and before I close this review, I have a question for you. Have you ever left something of value to you in a hotel room and called back to find out it wasn't there...it had mysteriously disappeared? Well, I left something of value and called back to inquire about it. Not only did the cleaning staff turn my item in, but the management is mailing it to me at no charge. Now, that's customer service!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I spend week 46 there every year, and i love it. Tourist season is over, but most everything is still open. The shops and food are simply awesome. The staff at the hotel are great, and always give you a hand with any info you need. The room is big enough to fit 4 comfortably. Did i mention your own jacuzzi tub in your room. Plus two flat screens to watch. With wifi (now available) i hook up my laptop to the tv and the sky its the limit with things to watch. The view of the ocean is beautiful; dolphins constantly swim by and the sun rise its unbelievable. I look forward to going back every year.

• Stayed November 2012
Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We made a reservation through our time share at another location in Virginia Beach and we were very disappointed when we arrived. Although it was ocean front, there was no balcony and only a small window. I won't go into the rest of the disappointment, for an ocean front hotel, that says a lot.
The Four Sails, very luckily for us, had an available room and we switch the next morning. It was a VAST improvement. Beautiful views, nice balcony with entrances from the main living room and the bedroom. Nicely decorated and very clean. Fully equiped, clean kitchen, with everything we needed to cook in if we wanted. Nice restaurant on the main level. The jacuzzi in the garden tub gave it a spa feel. The staff was friendly and helpful in pointing us to local spots for dinning or shopping bargains, including a great little jewelry shop down the street. Just what we needed to put the finishing touch to "Girls Weekend Getaway/Reunion". Planning on staying here again next year when we escape again.

Room Tip: All of their rooms are ocean view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things! I am a clean freak and have OCD, but this place was spotless believe me I checked! Very clean and made me feel at home. So nice to have a condo type hotel room with balconies instead if the typical hotel room. Service was great with everybody! I never saw the same person twice during my 4 day stay but they were all equally friendly and helpful! I love it here and will always come here. Only small downside is a very tight parking garage. I give credit to those people who parked their SUVs on the 3rd level. But other than that great place!

• Stayed October 2012
Lawrence, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Nice and quiet. Place is older, but very clean. Everything worked fine in our suite. Bed was comfy, loved shower and whirpool tub! Couch and carpeting needs replaced asap. Beautiful views from balcony, love walking the boardwalk! Pool was fine, a little too cool at times, add a jacuzzi? Housekeeping was excellent, all staff were friendly. Front desk staff were nice, but some need to do more homework. They didnt have answers to a lot of basic questions that I thought they should know. My girlfriend signed up for a free activity 4 days earlier that was cancelled accidently without our knowledge by a staff member. Amenities like beach chairs, bikes, etc. could be replaced, as they were in poor condition. Parking was tight and sparse, but where isnt it on the beach? Yes, we would recommend staying here! See you next year!

Room Tip: Its all good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very quiet and excellent staff. Located at 33rd and Atlantic Avenue across the street from Dough boy Pizza and Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Bikes, beach chairs and beach toys free for use by guests. Bike path in front of hotel adjacent to boardwalk. Indoor garage parking. Indoor swimming pool on 4th floor and fitness center on 3rd floor. You will have a great beach stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better for that perfect sunrise photo.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Sails Resort? Share your experiences!