“This is where I want to stay whenever I'm in VA Beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$99 (USD)
Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia
“This is where I want to stay whenever I'm in VA Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Four Sails several times (through rental, timeshare exchange and now timeshare ownership).

All units directly overlook the beautiful beach, boardwalk and ocean. The location at the oceanfront can't be beat. The units are well-maintained and have always been clean. Every staff member that I have ever encountered from management to the cleaning and maintenance staff is always friendly and willing to assist to make my time at the resort the best that it can be.

I have lived in the area all my life and have stayed at many of the Virginia Beach oceanfront resorts. Four Sails has become my absolute favorite. So much so that I have purchased a couple of timeshare weeks at the resort. I may be a "local", but this resort and the Virginia Beach oceanfront provide a wonderful beach vacation that I can now look forward to at least twice a year.

I hope I can secure a unit for the upcoming Neptune Festival in September!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We love this hotel. The rooms are spacious, the kitchen has all the utensils you need to cook your own meals and save money, the housekeeping staff does an excellent job of keeping things neat and clean, the indoor pool is very refreshing with a nice indoor patio area, the balcony area has a beautiful view of the ocean and is spacious as well. The staff at this hotel are all outstanding in their customer service. They all go out of their way to accommodate your travel needs and if you have a problem with anything in your room, they send someone to fix it right away. We especially value one employee named Jeff who works very hard for the customers and is always professional, fair and polite. We stay at this hotel several times a year and this review is not just about this one visit in June. We always have a great experience here and would rather go to this hotel than at any other at Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
Utica, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We had called numerous times to make sure the whole family would be able to be accomendated as we had 8 people in our party and the listing said it would accomendate 6 people. We were assured every time we called that it would accomendate all of us and they would bring in a roll away bed and all we had to do was bring ourselves and our coffee. When we got there, the man at the front desk said we were late, we should have been there at 5am which was impossible as our flight did not land until 4:15pm so I'm not sure where he got his info. He then was extremely rude saying the room was only for 6 people, he shoudl have given the room away as we were very late, etc. I beleive his name was Jeff. After putting us thru hell, he said he would make an exception. By then we had had enough of his attitude so we went outside and called the Sandcastle Hotel and thank God they were able to give us two rooms. I asked to speak to the lady we confirmed with many times but was told she was not working that day. I am sure it may be a nice place to stay but the customer service was unacceptable!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Godzgud, Manager at Four Sails Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
First of all I would like to apologize for any and all misunderstandings that occurred recently at the Four Sails with your reservation. We do try in every way to communicate by confirmation letter the number of people, the cancellation policy and the number of vehicles allowed with each reservation We did send two confirmation letters and you had one on you that showed in incorrect number of people that would be occupying the room, along with one vehicle allowed per reservation. We did inform you at check in that we had held the room for a second day and that you had more people then we allow in the Atlantic Penthouse. If you had called to tell us that the confirmation was incorrect on the number occupying the room, we would have told you at that time that was more then allowed in the suite. But it is obvious we were unable to communicate this prior to your arrival. I am sorry for what you feel was a lack of customer service at check in. I’m sure that you were tired after your trip and several in the party commented that you had experienced delays. Even though you did not show up at the property until late Saturday afternoon, we are releasing the one night’s deposit for holding the room all night on Friday with our sincere apologies for any misunderstandings with your reservations. We do have to limit the number of people in the suites for the comfort and safety of all our guests. I am glad you were able to secure suitable accommodations and trust the rest of your vacation was enjoyable. Thank you for your comments and it is through feedback we are able to better serve our guests.
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night and I must say we enjoyed our stay. The property is dated but our room was excellent and the ocean front view was wonderful. We loved the location of the property, amenities and the access to the boadwalk. Our only complaints would be the one elevator that we never were able to get on the morning of our check out ( because it was always full when it got to our floor so we finally elected to walk down two flight of stairs) and the very tight parking. Otherwise we would definitely stay here again when in VA Beach but better prepared for the one elevator and the tight parking. Also the front desk personnel was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Glen Rock, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Spacious rooms. Right on the boardwalk. Nice view of the ocean. Bright and airy rooms. Prompt room service whenever needed. Well equipped kitchen. Baths have jacuzzi. Free parking (but it was tight for our mini van- so we avoided using the mini-van during our stay).
They do provide free bicycles when available. Our family enjoyed the bicycles greatly.

Will definitely stay again.

Area of improvement: They can improve the carpetting in the lobby and on lower floors. It has smoky smell.

Overall a great hotel in Virginia beach.

Hudso WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

This was the perfect fit for our family. We had the Linkhorn Suite with two bedrooms, two baths, living room, dining room, kitchen and a wonderful deck. The views were amazing from every room. It was spacious, quiet, clean. The location could not have been better. The FourSails is right on the beach, near all of the action of the boardwalk and close to many great restaurants and shops. The resort has plenty of free bikes to checkout and we really enjoyed riding around the neighborhoods and on the boardwalk. The kids appreciated the free boogie boards and sand toys. We had only two complaints: the bedroom windows don't open (so no falling asleep to the sound of the ocean) and the parking garage is crazy! I've never parked in a more difficult place. We rented a Taurus and that felt way too big for that ramp. Be careful and bring a small car. We stayed for a week and were sad to leave. We strongly recommend the Four Sails and will happily return!

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

This hotel has a wonderful view of Virginia Beach and the boardwalk from the balcony for each unit. It is toward the north end of the beach close to the Neptune statue. It is an older time share property. The rooms are very basic but clean. We had a king suite for three people, which included one bedroom, a living room, and small kitchen area. The balcony covered both the living room and bedroom with sliding doors, which was nice. The kitchen was updated with plenty of good quality dishes, pots and pans and utensils to use. The only items missing in the kitchen was a large pitcher for drink mixes and a large size collander (they had a very small one to use). There was a full stove, microwave, refrigerator and a small dishwasher. Dish liquid and dishwasher detergent was provided. Overall, the kitchen was very good for fixing meals. In the living room there was a sofa bed and several small chairs to use for the dining table, a table for dining which stores itself under the TV stand, and a flat screen TV with a DVD and VHS player. Since there were three in our family, the room really needed another comfortable chair to sit in for viewing the TV, as it was very crowded on the small sofa bed for three people. The bathroom was interesting--it had a large whirlpool tub with a large mirror next to it. I did not like the mirror next to the tub and there was no fan in the bathroom either. The sink area was outside the bedroom and it was very small. The bedroom had a large king size bed and another flat screen TV, as well as an iHome for your iPod. Everything was clean in the unit, and we had plenty of towels to use each day. The hotel does not have wireless internet, but you can purchase an ethernet cable at the front desk to connect to their high-speed internet. My daughter brought her own ethernet cable, and was able to access the internet without any problems.

The people at the front desk were very nice and welcoming. The parking garage isquite tight and only good if you have a small car. We never had trouble finding a space, but I didn't really want to take my car out too much, because of how small the spaces were.

There were only a few things I didn't like about this hotel. The carpet in the rooms was clean, but older and not a great color. The decor in the rooms was pretty boring as well. Our room was right above the pool area and at times we could smell the chlorine from inside our room. The indoor pool looked green and had a strong smell of chlorine, so we did not use it for this reason. I would definitely request a room not near the pool.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay at this hotel because of the convenience of having a full kitchen, the wonderful view from the balcony, and its location on the boardwalk.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Four Sails Resort? Share your experiences!