“Very Nice Pet Friendly Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advanced Purchase. Save!!
Ranked #14 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Herndon
“Very Nice Pet Friendly Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

This is the nicest of the Pet Friendly Hotel in Virginia Beach. If you like to travel with your dog/pet, this is the hotel to stay at. All the rooms are Oceanfront!! It has a very small balcony on all floors except for the 2nd floor, that are handicap rooms. After talking to someone who was staying in one of the 2nd floor rooms when I was there, I was informed that the room doesn't "look" like a handicap room. I got a double bed room, and the bedroom has a door. What I "LOVE" about this room is, not only is it "oceanfront", the bedroom has a window that covers the entire wall - floor to ceiling. When laying on the bed, the view of the ocean gave me the feeling that I was on a cruise. Amazing. There were also a lot of dogs at the hotel during the time that I was there. I highly recommend this hotel, especially, for dog lovers. If you have pet allergy, you might want to check with the hotel to see if they have non-pet rooms. The location of this hotel is toward the upper side of Atlantic Blvd, away from the mini-golf, games, etc... I prefer this end of the strip is because the hotels are nicer, and this section of the strip has nicer stores and restaurant. One hotel away is the Hilton, where its outdoor area is a performance park that Hilton has donated to VA Beach in 2007. They have live bands performing there every night (?). One last thing... free breakfast! It's not just any breakfast - it has both hot and cold items. I love how I can make warm croissant sandwiches filled with eggs, bacon/sausages. Yum... The only thing I didn't like is that the AC is real loud. The first 2 nights, I was woken up by the loud noise whenever the AC came on, and I felt my heart jumped. After the first 2 nights, it was fine - the noise level was like other hotels.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Check in was a breeze..Room was clean, quiet and comy..Location is a bit away from the "Stuff" on the other end of the boardwalk but still near restaurants and bars. The rate we received was really low and we were happy. It IS off-season,though..

WE had NO problems with parking..In this non-busy time, there was more than enough parking right in front of the hotel..We had to valet it one time,it was quick, free and easy!

The only thing was the Wi-Fi, it was pretty bad. We did not complain since it was not of the utmost importance to us, but if it is to you, I would stay elsewhere

All in all, a nice stay that I would gladly repeat!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Southern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We spent 3 days at this hotel. We are in the penthhouse and the view is so good. Service is great and valet parking is free. Breakfast is a little below average but you are at the ocean front.......swimming pool need some help, it is way too hot. The location is so good. rooms are pretty new and clean. the best time for me is the morning having a Starbucks at the balcony. reading a WSJ. listening the waves....kids are still sleeping.....best time of vacation!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Edgewater, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

First of all we got a Penthouse suite which is at the very top of the place (13th floor). It's right there on the Beach/Walkway so the view off your balcony is fantastic. We were visiting our son who's stationed in Norfolk and lives in Va Beach with his wife so the location was terrific. Not so terrific was the fact that the place had 1 bathroom. The kitchen space was wasted. Also there were 6 of us staying there (they knew it) and we got a tiny tube of shampoo. We got more but we also had to ask for more sheets for the pullout but they had no more blankets. Breakfast was fine, indoor pool was small - did the job. Parking in front is limited but they had another lot 2 blocks down. They had valet if you wanted it but I chose to park it myself. All in all it's fine because of the location and it fit all of us. 2 bathrooms would've helped though and more blankets. I said no to the Fitness Center because they has treadmills and stairmasters like 6. No weights.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Sale, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Good rooms and service - great views - close to restaurants

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Albany, N.Y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

My husband and i were so pleased with this hotel! I had done alot of research to find the best hotel on Virginia Beach because i work at a hotel myself and wanted the best experience of my life for my honeymoon! The staff was very friendly and one gentleman in particular was extremely helpful in telling us which restaurants are the best in the area for seafood. Such a nice guy.Our room was very clean, bed was super comfortable and the ocean views from the bedroom and the balcony... just awesome.One of the days, we decided to take advantage of the grocery shopping service they have and i'm glad we did. Not only did it save us money, but he got everything on the list right and was very nice. So, i am not sure why one reviewer said that someone here does not do that. They did it for us.
Also,the breakfast was always delicious,well stocked and housekeeping seemed to do a great job tidying up our room each day.The parking lot IS very small, however we were very lucky to get a spot.Give me oceanfront over a big parking lot anyday!
It was such a FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE! Exactly what we were looking for in our honeymoon. Memories to last forever! Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
mzspaz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Thank goodness we had a wonderful stay at this hotel because that is the only thing that saved our vacation from the chilly weather and 4 days of rain!
The hotel was excellent. From the friendly and helpful staff to the clean rooms and incredible view. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
The only thing I did not care for was the parking as the lot was small. We only had to use the overflow lot on our last night and it was only a minor inconvenience. The lot was also a tight fit and if one person parked their car crooked, it really messed things up. Unfortunately, there were quite a few people there that had difficulty parking their big SUVs.
I enjoyed the view as we could see the dolphins playing in the waves every day. The beach location was very nice. The rooms were clean and well kept. The staff was excellent! Very helpful and always pleasant and smiling.....even early on a Monday morning.
I wouldn't say that the walls between the rooms are sound proof, but noise didn't seem to carry. This was the first time my two year old spent the night away from home and he didn't settle down too well that first night. My parents were in the room next to ours and they said they couldn't hear him. That was with the bedrooms back to back with each other. The last night, my very worn out toddler threw a fit in the living room, so the next day I apologized to our neighbors on the other side and they said they couldn't hear him either. The only place the noise seems to carry was through the hallways. The room doors to the hall didn't seem to shut tight and several times I went to check the door because I thought it was open. Other than that, the halls just had a cavernous echo to them.
The room itself was nice. It was clean and laid out nicely. Having the kitchen area was helpful. The room was always clean and housekeeping did a great job. Having the bedroom divided from the living area was fantastic as it allowed us to relax in the evening while my son slept. The balcony was a little small as only about 2 people could comfortably fit out there at a time.
The hotel allows pets and there were a lot of dogs there when we were there, but they were not a bother. I only came across the wet dog smell once and that was when I was riding up in the elevator with two dogs that had just been playing in the ocean.
The pool was nice, however I could see where it might feel cramped if there were a lot of people in there. The laundry room was clean and bright. The machines worked properly although it took 2 runs through the dryer for my stuff.
They had a little store with snacks and drinks right off the lobby, but we didn't use it.
The continental breakfast was EXCELLENT and something I looked forward to every morning. It was not just your typical bagels and donuts. They had french toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own omelet (the apple cinnamon was the BEST!), and a bowl of fresh fruit. The women who staffed the breakfast were wonderful and kept the food well stocked and the area very clean. The coffee bar in the lobby was also wonderful and definitely helped on those chilly days.
We had a great stay and I would easily recommend this to anyone and we definitely plan on going back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!