“Nice location that allows pets....could use better cleaning” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advanced Purchase. Save!!
Ranked #14 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Loveland, Ohio
“Nice location that allows pets....could use better cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a great location. It allows pets, which is great since we have two dogs with us. However, compared to the Residence Inn I just left in Williamsburg, it is not nearly as nice. There were several hairs (human) in the bathroom and bathtub upon our arrival. However, they charge $100 to keep your pet here...I assume for cleaning? What about cleaning up after humans? If we weren't staying here for just a night and the rest of the room wasn't ok I would have asked for a different room because that many hairs I'm the bathroom makes me think it wasn't cleaned very well if at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Julius P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I'm sorry to see that our service failed to meet your expectations. Although we are a hotel that allows pets I agree that we cannot forget our human guests as well. I will speak to housekeeping regarding this situation. If you decide to stay with us in the future please don't hesitate to bring anything to our attention. We are always here to assist you in any way possible. Thank you for your comments and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Residence Inn is a fabulous place to stay at Virginia Beach, whether you bring Fido or not. But the fact that dogs are allowed anywhere on the beach at VA beach after Labor Day I think clearly brings out the pet owners and they all stay here! So if you love dogs and want to vacay with your pet this is the place. Clean, comfortable, right on the beach and you and your pet are made to feel right at home. This was our first trip to the beach with our dog and we loved seeing so many other guests with their pets staying here. And there is no size limit, although the $100 pet fee seemed steep to me, especially since our dog did not make any more of a mess than we did. Otherwise, the service was great. We were granted an early check-in, which when traveling with a pet is an even greater bonus. Breakfast was also good, plentiful and varied. We highly recommend this hotel if you wish to enjoy the beach with your four-legged family member.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Patrick W, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank You for your great review. we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return the next time you visit Virginia Beach! Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day!
Newfoundland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

When we checked into the hotel, we were pleased to see that it all looked just as the website pictures showed it - the lobby, the breakfast room, our suite, the works. The location was perfect -right across from the beach, front facing balcony, and a stones' throw from a small beach playground and lots of tasty restaurants, including Starbucks. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was convenient and tasty too, and the comp valet parking made it easy to get in and out of the hotel. While we did have a little trouble with our toilet during the first few days of our stay, the front desk agreed to move us after the weekend when more rooms were available (hotel was sold out over labour day weekend) and in the meantime the maintenance staff was very helpful to keep it all in working order. The only real sore point we had was the housekeeping service(housekeeping staff were great), but the service only went from about 10am-3pm, and once they finished a floor that was it until the next day. So if you decided to sleep in a little and they were on your floor first, then you missed out. And for some reason, if you didn't answer the door when they knocked, they didn't come in - a little odd and the only time I've ever experienced this at a hotel. So while they did leave a couple of clean towels, it wasn't convenient - we had to bring down our own garbage one day and call down for extra towels and sheets on another. And again. the staff were super - as each time we called down for something, they were quick to respond and very helpful.

Room Tip: We booked a room with a pull out sofa, so we'd have extra space. It was nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Patrick W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank You so much for your review. We take pride in our property and do our best to maintain it. I hope the next time you come to Virginia Beach you choose us as your home away from home. Have a great day!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel itself is like most residence inn's. The location makes it an easy walk to most places along the strip. The parking lot holds about 20 cars, so you will most likely have to valet. The breakfast was usual residence inn assortment. The pool and gym were also pretty standard. The rooms were nice and comfortable. I did not give property a great rating because of the parking and because the hallway and elevator floors were always wet. I never saw anyone trying to keep them dry. But otherwise this is a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Julius P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that you were not happy with our parking arrangements. Unfortunately, parking is an issue for this hotel but we do offer the complimentary valet service so parking will not impact their stay. I also apologize about the wet hallways and elevators. My valets and houseman try to maintain everything throughout the day but with people constantly coming from the pool and beach while dripping water that is harder to keep up with at times. Again, thank you for your comments and have a wonderful day!
Woodbridge VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront for two nights for a short family vacation at the beach with our two children ages 6 and 2. We arrived at about 3:30 and our room was ready for us. Fortunately, there was a spot for parking available in the very small parking lot on the property. We didn't use our car during our stay, so we did not use the offsite parking or the valet service. The valets were very helpful and polite in unloading the car and helping me to get the luggage cart into the hotel. We chose the Residence Inn due to the separate sleeping area as we like to be able to put our children down for a nap or to bed in a separate area. I couldn't find a floor plan on the hotel's website, so I was concerned that the balcony might be in the bedroom area where our kids were sleeping, but the balcony is off of the living area. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. I wasn't a fan of the pillows, but I am really picky with pillows. There was plenty of space in the bedroom for our son's pack and play. The sink area was separate from the toilet and shower, and both were off the bedroom. I prefer a suite where the bathroom is outside of the bedroom area, for less noise and disruption to those sleeping, but in this case it wasn't a problem. There was a sink in the kitchen of course, which definitely helped. The kitchen was very nice, with a small table with two chairs. We just pulled the chair from the living room and the desk chair up and sat around the table to eat. The balcony isn't the largest, but we could all fit on it very comfortably. There are only two chairs, but at least another chair could fit. The view is amazing. Especially from the bedroom. I thought maybe the picture online was fake, but it actually doesn't even begin to due it justice. As for the complaints about the load air conditioner, I actually thought it wasn't as bad as some other air conditioners I have heard in some hotels. I would leave the bedroom door open while sleeping as the thermostat is in the living room and the bedroom got warmer than the living room. It does blow warm air onto the balcony, but it only hits you when you walk out and stand right next to it. Sitting on the chairs wasn't a problem, and it didn't bother us. With regards to the complaints of the hallway being hot, it was hot in the afternoon because one entire side of the hallway is glass and the afternoon sun comes in. It certainly wasn't bothersome at all to walk the short length of the hallway to the elevator (we were the farthest away from the elevator) There are only 6 rooms per hallway. We do not own a pet, and have stayed in pet friendly hotels before without any problems, and this stay was no different. It appeared that the hotel put dogs in rooms next to each other, and children next to each other. I never heard any hotel noise, people or animals, except for once when I was in the bathroom and I could hear some people talking. The breakfast was nice and what I would expect from this type of hotel. 4 different kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, waffle making station, several hot items (pancakes, sausage, potatoes, etc.), yogurt, bagels, milks, and juices. The area was always full, but the food was kept well supplied. There was seating inside, as well as outside. Although I did see several guests at the hotel walking their dogs in the lawn, I never saw any "droppings." There is no restaurant in the hotel, but lots of places to eat within walking distance. We loved that we were so close to Neptune's Park and the playground that is on the beach. We didn't use the pool or fitness center, so I can not comment on that. We plan on returning to Virginia Beach next summer and will definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Julius P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return the next time you visit Virginia Beach, VA. Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Residence Inn Oceanfrint and we would definitely go back. We originally stayed here because we were going to bring our dog but ended up leaving her home with a sitter.
I had a problem with the charge going through on my credit card and Adriana and Brian were very patient and helpful to help me get it resolved.
They have complimentary valet and free parking for one vehicle which was great. The staff greeted you and always asked if you needed anything and they were very helpful.
The room had a very nice kitchen with dishes, pans and silverware. The beds were comfortable and in the bedroom was a very cool window view of the beach. There is a small balcony and the living room has a full size or Queen sofa bed. There is a big Samsung TV in the bedroom and living room.

There is a little shower right outside the back door. As soon as you walk out to go to the beach, the stairs beyond the boardwalk to the beach is right behind the hotel so you don't have to walk far.

Right across the street is a store and a Ben & Jerry's and live bands a block away with other shops and restaurants. A Harris Teeter and Farm Fresh grocery store are not far at all.

The gym is a bit small with only 3 stair steppers, a bike and a treadmill, although that was fine for vacation purposes. There is only a small indoor pool and no outside pool, but that suited is fine.
We would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013
Julius P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am happy to see that Adriana and Bryan were able to assist you with your credit card issue. We look forward to your return the next time you visit Virginia Beach, VA. Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day!
Powell, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. 2 adults and 4 kids. The suite with 2 queen beds and pullout couch was very comfortable for all of us! The kids are 8-10. The rooms were bigger than expected and the bedroom was seperate which helped for early risers. The kitchen has a full sized refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The windows and balcony gave great views of the beach and ocean. As other reviews have mentioned the balcony is unpleasant when the air conditioning unit is running- very very loud and blows out hot air. We had the top floor which was great for the views but next time I'd request the 2nd floor because they had wonderful huge balconies.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views but 2nd floor has larger balconies.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Julius P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I wish there was something we could do about the vents blowing on the balcony but unfortunately the only suggestion we have is to turn off the air conditioner when you are on the balcony. Remember the 2nd floor is the wheelchair accessible floor so that floor cannot give that floor to everyone. Again, I thank you for your review. Have a wonderful day!

Been to Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!