“Awesome Staff, Perfect Location, Nice Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Covington, Kentucky
“Awesome Staff, Perfect Location, Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I want to start this review with a comment on how nice the staff is, including the valet, front desk personnel, the housekeeping staff, and even the general manager. After a couple of hours in our room, we figured out the AC was not working, and it was getting hot. The gentleman at the front desk immediately assigned us a new room when I requested it. The next morning, the general manager called and apologized, and refunded some of the Marriott rewards points we used to compensate us for having to move! How can you beat that?

The location is perfect. It is toward the north end of the boardwalk, and there are nice restaurants located withing walking distance. Also, buses run every 15 minutes until 2:00 am during the summer, and you can travel all the way up and down Atlantic Ave for $2 per day, unlimited rides!

The hotel is very clean and fresh. The 1 bedroom suite we had was perfect for our family. The view is incredible. The windows are full size, and you can watch the action on the beach and the boardwalk from the couch or bed.

The hot breakfast is very good, and they change the selection daily.

There are a couple of things to be aware of:
1. Our balcony was TINY. That would be bad enough, but the air conditioning condenser blows very hot air directly onto the balcony. We could not use the balcony and the AC at the same time, and it was 94 degrees outside!

2. There are only four small tables available for sitting or eating outside. No chaise lounges, or other areas to sit in the sun and relax.

3. The pool is small and indoors.

4. Wednesdays are cook out days. They grill out delicious burgers, hot dogs, and sides. There was lemonade to drink. Every other Thursday is an evening reception with alcoholic drinks. We were there on the wrong week, so I cannot comment on it.

We hope to return here the next time we are in VB. Thank you for a relaxing few days!

Room Tip: I am not sure, but some of the rooms may have had larger balconys. I would ask
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jamie R, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. I am happy that our Team was able to assist you with a different room in a timely manner. It is our goal to restore your confidence in our hotel by solving this problem and preventing it from happening again.

449 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Hopewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our first stay in the Residence Inn at Va Beach. We normally stay in the north end of the each but decided to try this property. One of the big draws was that they only have 72 rooms and accept pets. The guests were very well behaved and so were their campanions (pets) We had a very nice and quite large suite that made our stay at the beach (Jun 17th) even nicer. This hotel is located within walking distance of plenty of restaurants and other fun things. Our room was clean and the hotel appeared to be well maintained. A very nice breakfast and evening social with actual food and not just snacks was available for free! On wednesday evenings, they even grill for the guests on the patio.

We would not hesitate to stay in this property again.

If there was any downside...and this is not a negative, it would be that they do not have an actual restaurant. However, this hotel provides breakfast and evening entrees for free!

Room Tip: Only six rooms per floor, pick one away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations at every opportunity. In that regard, I personally appreciate hearing your comments about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to your return.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A great place to relax with extra space, a full kitchen, and ocean views. It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was great. This is our third time staying here, and it's our first place to consider when we think of Virginia Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie R, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for being a repeat guest. I hope you enjoyed our new look to our property. Residence Inn is exactly what you stated "great place to relax." "Our passion is provide Service So Memorable that our guest tell stories about us" and that is what you just did. Thank you again for your loyalty and hope to see you again next year.
Hampton Cove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family just returned from the beach and had a great experience in this hotel. We needed dog friendly and they were very accommodating to our little dog. The location was great and the beach was nice. Food was good but the service was especially good. Adriana made us feel at home and everyone we saw was there to help.

Nice change from most hotels!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanking for taking the time to fill out a review on our property. Adriana is a gem, she always goes out of her way for each of our guests and I am happy to hear her customer service is being mentioned. She is a team player and we are lucky to have her. Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Oceanfront and hope to see you again soon!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay this week. The service and breakfast was wonderful. I agree with Rick P - this place Rocks! The breakfast was your standard "awesome" Residence Inn variation (for those of you that stay regularly - you know what I mean). We stayed 7 days, and had something different every morning for breakfast. The staff at the front desk was fantastic. Very nice and welcoming. There is not much room for parking, and I thought the valet parking would be an issue. This is the best valet parking of any hotel that I have ever (mean this!) had. Sure they take 10 minutes, but they always take the same amount of time and leave your keys at the front desk. Most of the time you can't tip, even if you want to. The guys are hustling back and forth getting cars. Thank you Residence Inn!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, and it was very easy to get an elevator. Because the pool is indoors, w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Residence Inn Oceanfront. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities while you stayed at our property. Our breakfast is a variety and I agree with you. Wonderful!! With having choices for all our guests. I really appreciate the comments about our valets. They all work so hard everyday to get the vehicles back in a timely manner. I will definitely let them know about your wonderful comments. We all hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy your summer!! Thanks again for staying with us.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just got back from a nice weekend stay at the Residence Inn with my wife and we loved it! I've been to VA beach at least 15 times and have stayed at numerous oceanfront hotels. Surprisingly, this was my 1st time staying here and I gotta say, this place rocks! It was far and away the best oceanfront hotel in VA beach I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed at most of them. I don't know how I missed out on this place, but it will be my hotel of choice when in VA beach from now on! I especially recommend the top floor suites. Everything from the views, (of course the sunrise/sunset, but has anyone ever seen a full moon against a pitch black sky with the moonlight glistening on the ocean?...amazing) to the delicious breakfast buffet (free by the way), to the comfort of the bed was great. Not to mention the very nice and courteous hotel staff. Thomas at the front desk was really great. He made check-in/out a breeze and he offered some useful tips about events and things going on. Appreciate all the help Thomas! Overall, I was very impressed with Residence Inn and would highly recommend them to anyone. Looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are ocean view, but the suites boast the best views (HUGE floor to ceiling windo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on Trip advisor! Your comments are incredible to hear.We are glad to hear that you will be coming back to our hotel in the future. Thomas works hard every day to ensure a fun and relaxing vacation for our guests. Thank you for your kinds remarks!
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thank you for another great week. You guys are the best!

This is an excellent hotel if you want to stay on the north end of the beach.. The staff is caring and courteous. The rooms are not fancy but more than adequate and very typical of a beach hotel. I like having a kitchen with a full size refrigerator. Nice area to walk your dog though I do wish some guests would be considerate and pick up after their pooch.

I intend to stay here again and again.

Julius is wonderful and was able to accommodate my request for a specific floor and room with great patience and courtesy. He is consistently cheerful and helpful.

Patricia B.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beachfront but you might want to stay on the far end away from the elevators. I pe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Oceanfront over the years and taking the time to review our hotel! I am very excited to hear that Julius was able to get your requests completed. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope you have a great rest of the summer and we will see you again next year!

Been to Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!