“Dog friendly spring break!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advanced Purchase. Save!!
Ranked #14 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Vestal NY
“Dog friendly spring break!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Residence Inn, Virginia Beach with 4 kids and our Jack Russell terrier, Nessie. We all had a wonderful break. Dogs are welcome on the beach before Memorial day, and so we could all have fun playing in the sand. There were many other dogs around too, to Nessie's delight! The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and there is a supply of dog biscuits at reception. The rooms are clean and comfortable and face directly onto the boardwalk and beach, and the kitchen facilities make it convenient to eat in or order takeaway, which you usually have to do if you have your pet with you. Breakfast is included - the eating area is rather small, but you can take the breakfast up to your room to eat, which we were doing anyway as dogs are not permitted in the lounge.The view is wonderful, and each room has a small balcony. When we were there, we saw a school of dolphins playing just offshore in front of the hotel- they were there most of the afternoon, clearly visible from the beach and even from the room. Our dog loved sitting by the full length picture windows looking out onto the beach! There is a small indoor pool, but my kids found it to be over-chlorinated. There is only limited parking out front, but the hotel offers a free valet parking service and we found that this was quick and convenient. This hotel is ideal for families, and I would be happy to return.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the beach. Those on the second floor appear to have a large deck area, rath...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jamie R, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Greetings, and thank for writing about your experience on TripAdvisor. We were so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. At Residence Inn, we aspire to meet the high expectations travelers have come to expect of Marriott, and we're glad to know we met that goal. If you're ever in the Virginia Beach area again for business or leisure, we'd love to have you stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My recent stay at the Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront was one of the top five hospitality experiences I've ever had. From the room and hotel's amenities to the friendly, helpful, and extremely knowledgeable staff, I can definitely say the Residence Inn by Marriott has gained a loyal customer. I especially loved the pet-friendly atmosphere, and it was obvious my dogs enjoyed their stay too. It was just what me, my husband and our dogs needed to recharge and enjoy a quick weekend getaway. I will certainly plan to stay in a Residence Inn every time I travel! My husband and I are even thinking of staying in one for an extended period of time when we relocate next year for our careers, until we purchase our next home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at the Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and mentioned our wonderful staff, great accommodations and amenities. I thank you for choosing Marriott and we look forward to your family’s return in future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Traveled to the area for work. Hotel was clean and the rooms were large. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my stay was good! Would highly reccomend this place and this will now be my go to hotel every time I'm in VA Beach for work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations at every opportunity. In that regard, I personally appreciate hearing your comments about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to your return.
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We recently stayed here on our second trip to Virginia Beach and despite the cool spring break weather had a wonderful experience. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Great places to dine within walking distance and a short drive. Cape Henry if 5 minutes from hotel and Norfolk is a 20 minute drive. Views from all windows amazing!

Room Tip: All suites here are the same layout. Higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate u taking the time to write a Tripadvisor review about our Residence Inn. This year we did have cooler weather than we normally have during Spring Break, but I'm happy you had a wonderful experience at Virginia Beach. Thank you again for your wonderful comments! We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I celebrated my birthday in Virginia Beach and stayed at this pet friendly hotel with great oceanfront rooms. The staff was very friendly and quick to respond to any request. The breakfast and social events were very good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Birthday from the Residence Inn staff and thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests. We will love to have you stay at our hotel in the future.
Gap, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice trip despite weather Ocean front room with great view Hotel needs more parking and HVAC unit very loud Good breakfast choices and restaurants within walking distance Board walk OK Shops etc across the street from hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
For your first time in Virginia Beach, I'm happy you chose to stay at the Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I understand about our parking area in the front of the hotel is small, that is why we do our best to have complimentary valet service completed in a timely manner for our guests. We are working on the HVAC units and I hope in the future you will choose to stay with us again.
Fairfax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited this hotel during Spring Break (March 2013) . This one is easily one the cleanest hotel in Virginia Beach and I've been to many hotels in Virginia Beach before. Not sure how it looks during the summer but it looked great during my stay. I had some hesitation at the beginning because it allows pets but we didn't find anything objectionable. Parking lot is very small so you'd have rely on the valet. Breakfast (included) is decent. Staffs was very helpful. I asked for a roll away bed and it was delivered in no time. I will certainly consider going back to this hotel in my next visit to VA Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am pleased to here that our hotel was up to your standards. We all try our best to keep the hotel to Marriott Standards. I'm happy to hear that the staff took care of your need for a rollaway in a timely manner. Also, thank you for choosing Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront and hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!