“My tasty Nacho” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 1,159 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: For avid diners who are visiting Virginia Beach or live within 20 miles of the VB Oceanfront and are looking for the premier dining location, Catch 31 with unique oceanfront dining vignettes and located on the most recognized and valuable real estate in Virginia Beach offers the largest selection of fresh fish and seafood delivered in contemporary style and with high energy.
“My tasty Nacho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I searched long and far but had to return for the best pear martini's ever made at Catch31, come to find out it was the recipe from the bartender Nacho who really knows how to deliver customer service and satisfaction (too bad he was married) ;) Now the inside dining service hostess and supervisor are another matter entirely, very disappointing but again the great service from John our waiter made up for it and found that these 2 guys are friends! Definitely returning to taste that sweet nectar (nacho) again!!!

Visited August 2013

Durham, North Carolina
“Nacho is the bomb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Crowded Friday night at Catch, but no problemo since we had Nacho taking care of us! He maxed out the olives on my wife's Dirty Martini and even gave me a chair! Awesome Service! Ask for Nacho!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Beautiful Place to Eat on the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have eaten here before, and it is always a good experience, and the atmosphere is just lovely here. My teens and I started with the clam chowder, and I had the Ceasar salad. The soup was very filling, so that was really plenty of food for me! My son had the tuna steak, which was sushi grade and literally melted in your mouth! He was getting full too and was giving us all bites of his tuna! All in all, very nice experience in a beautiful oceanfront restaurant.

Walked out to live music at Neptune Park! Fun!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nacho's cocktails best on the beach!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Not only were the cocktails fabulous, but NACHO, the bartender, is SEXY SEXY SEXY!
Delish apps, drinks and ambiance!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“I wish this were better...sadly, it never is...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Catch 31 has a FABULOUS location, wonderful decor and yet - they manage to bung it up every time we go. The bartender is always distracted and we had to wave to get his attention - we were the only 2 at the bar! There are flies are all over the place and I'm not sure the top drawer liquor is real - the gin was funny & NOT the brand my husband ordered but my beer was okay & cold.

We keep hoping this will be our new place on the oceanfront but since it's opening, has consistently disappointed. Last year the power went out (not their fault of course!) and we were trapped there trying to pay - the waiter took our card and couldn't figure out how to take cash instead! Not kidding!

We'll try again next year - once - to see if there is any change and hoping management steps up their game. Could be wonderful if only...

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jay E, Director of Food & Beverage at Catch 31, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I truly appreciate the time you took to share your 5 star review of Catch 31. I’m sorry your wait was so long but grateful we made it worth it in the quality of the food, beverage and service. We hope to see you again soon.