“Front Desk is very rude” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #91 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Front Desk is very rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I recently stayed at the travelodge and chose this hotel due to location and price. It was very close to beach access and cheap. But i guess I got what I paid for. My bed had sand in it before we even unmade the bed, I turned the blowdryer on and it started smoking, the toilet did not flush all the way, and the rooms were very tiny. I paid over $300 to stay for the weekend. When I checked out i was told that we left our rooms "too messy", but we cleaned up everything and even went down and got an extra trash bag to clean up. I was charged and extra $200 plus what I had already paid. The manager was very very rude! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAYING HERE!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I stayed for 3 weeks in this hotel and really couldn't fault it! The only problem I had during my stay was the noise and generally rudeness of a couple of families that stayed in the hotel for a weekend while I was there, but this was not the fault of the hotel! The room was a good size, clean, and everything was in working order, which doesn't always happen in hotels. The staff were friendly, although I have to say, I really didn't have many dealings with them as nothing was wrong with my room. There was a breakfast included but I ate out at a near by pancake house most mornings. The pool was closed when I was there even though the weather was still hot, though I think if I had asked at reception, I would have been allowed to use it.
The location is great if you are there to use the beach and enjoy the ocean front, there were heaps of places to see and there is a bus stop just a few blocks away.
All in all, I found the hotel perfect, especially for the price, and would have no problems staying there again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
quebec canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I am from canada so it is a 15 hour trip . i had read some review in wich the motel had given the room away because the clients were late to arrive. i called friday afternoon and explained that i could not be sure i was going to arrive at 4 pm. (check-in time) but not to worry we were coming. we got there late about 9.30 pm. there was an overall stink of urine all over the place around the pool the staircase the floors , i had read about it in previous review but it can happen only accidentally right?? wrong..it seem the urine smell is the perfume of this motel.(i had to wash the wheels of my suitcase before putting it back in the car..when i saw how filty the exterior was and the type of people hanging there on the balconies i felt very uncomfortable my 14 year old daughter was afraid . when we open the broken door (1 st floor) the smell that came out of it was horrible, it was very dirty ,the furniture were broken ,the safe was ripped out the wall and was standing in the middle of the room...how safe is it.?? i was supposed to have a room with a full fridge .stove microwave ect..well there was no full fridge and the mini fridge did not work so i was told that the janitor was going to have a look at it ,he did and told me the mini fridge should have been defrosted and cleaned but it was not so therefore it did not work.(so much for the janitors<help) the stove was missing the coils so that did not work either ,the inside of the stove was so filty this was priceless (you had to see it to believe it) we change room for a room on the 3rd floor , there were wholes in the floor i think the floors a rotting of and the only thing holding it toguether is the disgusting carpet. we got so scared but i had been driving for 20 hours and was tired so we stayed for the night (the reservation was for 5 days) i had brought the cleaners (bleach &other stuff thank god. otherwise i would"nt been able to take a shower cause it was so filty we had to use the bed spread on the floor to walk on it was too much for me. the next morning there was another women even less polite as the first one, i told her that the room was not was it was supposed to be and anyway it was so dirty i could not stay there she became very agressive and impolite and told me that priceline was responsible for the lies cause they were the one advertising the room had a full fridge and appliances in working order???? since i did not had the use of the fridge i demanded a refund and then the manager started to insult me telling me i was not rich enough to take a hotel across the street and who did i think i was ,,,,i told her the misunderstanding could have been avoided had she not lie to the cutomer ,then she told me i was making her nervous and she could not find any excuses but to insult the clients i told her not to lie anymore and that would make her life easier....by the way the tax in vb is 13 per cent and not 15 as she claim this is another cleaver way to make an additional buck on the client . there is a nice hotel next to travelodge the vicking they told me they get a lot of their customer never go there cause you never know then the third floor is actually going to collapse ..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Pittsburgh area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I wasn't sure what to expect given the reviews that I read, but this motel was VERY clean. Despite the fact that we had to have a smoking room (it was the only room available) we didn't find it bad at all!! It was roomy and clean and far and away the best price available. The staff was friendly and helpful. If we go back to VA Beach, we would book this again! Yes, it's an older motel, but what do you expect for $54/$73 a night, the Ritz?? I was prepared for the worst and was so pleasantly surprised. And the location was fantastic. We were so close to the beach, so much better than a lot of the other motels that I looked at. Don't let others scare you off, this is a nice place and since it doesn't face the road directly, I thought it seemed a little more private than others.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

After reading all of the horrible reviews, I thought long and hard about canceling my reservation. Well, I'm very HAPPY I did not! The hotel is just fine. It's NOT luxurious, but then what can you expect for one of the BEST rates at the beach???!!! I don't know what people expect when they get a room for $139 vs. $339!?!? The room was clean. The sheets were clean. The bed & pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom towels were soooooooooo soft and WHITE. The one thing that bothered me was the light in the room. When you don't open the curtains, it's pretty dark, even with all the lights on. I don't think I'd want to stay in a room like this more than a few nights, but for the few nights it is AOK. So, I hope when you visit this hotel, you'll feel as I do. The high speed internet worked great and it's FREE!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We got our room the stove didn't work AND NO DEAD BOLT that left my small child to run in the parking lot. We asked for a new room it was fine all works and it did have a lock. The dishes are gross but you would wash them any how right? Now ur eyes are right it is old and the people that work there dont speak well and they do get mad and you do wait for them forrrrrrrrrrrrrever but the women that cleans there is great she makes sure you are happy and clean. The pool is small but hey you are @ the beach remember! If you go up to the 3rd floor you can see the water what a veiw. The location rocks there is a store next door where you can rent ur bikes and get the beach stuff. Since vc dont have a board walk per say the stores are on the street and that is where the travelodge is . All you have to do is walk through the parking lot and u are good to go. Now yea it was a tad dirty but if you are not one for alot of cash for a room then this is a good place. We had a great time and I would stay here again even know I was mad for all the broken stuff in our room and the wood right out side my room. IF YOU REALLY HATE UR SHEETS U CAN WASH THEM UR SELF RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I helped you out it not that bad.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

I read all of the reviews here and was very worried. So worried that when I checked in, I asked to see the room I would be staying in first to make sure it was decent because all the reviews were not so good. (I stayed in rm 346) My room was clean, clean towels, toilet flushed, free internet, everything worked, just an average hotel room. It was good for the money which I might add was not alot. The night manager (the guy) was really, really nice but the day manager was well ok. She seemed a little peeved that i did not pay the standard rate but a cheaper rate. Not sure what that was all about but all in all it was a decent hotel. Maybe because it was off season, but I would definitely stay there again for the price.
FYI beach is really close. Like across the street so if you don't need an ocean view, I would definitely recommend this hotel at least during the off season.

• Liked — Location and the night manager (the guy) was really nice.
  • Disliked — Nothing! It was pretty decent.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Travelodge Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!