“Customer Service saved them” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #86 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Temple Hills, Maryland
“Customer Service saved them”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room was not cleaned sufficiently. When I arrived, I found bread crumbs and empty water bottles behind the headboard and night dresser. The maid stopped cleaning another room and came in to correct my problems. The WiFi was the worst. Kept crashing. The room safe was broke and although I talked to management and was told the maintenance men would be sent, no one showed and no follow up was given to me until I mentioned it as I was checking out. Really the only reason i'm giving them a pass is because I did a survey and the Wyndham Corporation had the manager contact me regarding my complaints. Since Wyndham went out its way to try to satisfy me, i'm giving them an average mark. Prior to them contacting me, I was going to give them a failing mark.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello,

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

TRAVELODGE.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room was average. You need to carry your breakfast back to your room. There are nice pancake houses nearby if you'd rather eat there. View of beach is blocked, but you just have to walk across the street to get to the boardwalk. It is not very far away from King Neptune's statue. The hotel could use more maids, though. Twice we got to the room after 3 pm, and it was still unmade. We finally just put a do not disturb sign outside, and kept the room unmade. We weren't sure if we were going to show up from swimming in the ocean, and have to wait outside for our room! Next door is a fun little yogurt shop called SweetFrog's, where you can make your own sundaes, and they charge by the ounce. We went there 3 times!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Hello,

Emsworth, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you like dirty, this is the motel for you! Filthy blankets on the bed, smell of sex in the room, cupboard door hanging on by 1 hinge, small white spots on the rug, thr pool looked as if someone put flour in there, it was very foggy and the guy at the front desk was a real idiot I immediately left and got another motel. They kept my first nights payment and said they wouldn't give it back because housekeeping said"it was clean" Yeah right! If Virginia has a health department, they need to go there and shut that place down. It was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures they show you online must be from when it first opened cause they definately aren't from anytime in the past few years.

Room Tip: Leave there and go to......... Cerca del Mar, it's right up the road and the place is Clean and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, September 21, 2012

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights just after labour weekend, chose it because it was cheap and very close to the beach. My room was quite dirty and when I opened the microwave it was obvious it had not been cleaned for weeks!
I told the reception and to their credit they did clean it the next day.
Breakfast was very disappointing. It is served in reception and extremely basic and you then have to take it back to your room to eat as there is no seating area.
Overall if you're looking for cheap and cheerful then take a risk but personally I'd pay a little more and go somewhere else

• Stayed September 2012

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed three nights after labor day so the hotel was not very crowded.
Enjoyed it. Had a great price. They have low rates so it's not a Hilton, don't expect a Hilton.
The staff was friendly. The rooms are very nice, clean. There's a safe in the room. Bathroom is small but clean. I would'nt stay four people in the room but perfect for two.
The pool is clean. They serve breakfast that you bring to your room. Cereals and pastries, coffee.
Nice location there's great stores and restaurant on the street. 1 min to the beach. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask 2nd ou 3rd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Not exactly sure what the others are talking about. I spent two nights there with my husband and 2 kids. Our room was clean and did not smell and there was no sign of mildew in the washroom. There certainly weren't any bedbugs as I checked every corner of the beds. The staff was extremely polite and friendly.

The kitchenette had a mini microwave, mini fridge and a small stove which had 4 small burners and a small oven. If you plan to use it bring your own pots and pans as it didn't have any. I used the stove to boil water for my daughter's formula. The fridge to store cold cuts and drinks for the beach and stored left overs from the restaurants meals. There is an ice machine for your cooler located on the first floor.

The breakfast was nice as it had mini donuts, muffins, juice, tea, coffee and cereal, there isn't a place it sit which didn't bother me as I prefer to eat in my room anyway. I actually brought my own toaster, to toast bread and eggos for breakfast. The pool would be cleaned in the morning but by the afternoon it would have some sand as some people don't rinse off from the beach and head directly for the pool. We had no issues with parking.

I am giving a 5 star rating because I felt I got alot for what I paid for. I have stayed at the more expensive hotels and I felt that I got more bang for my buck here. I saved money on breakfast, the internet and a couple of meals because of the kitchenette. With the money I saved I hit the stores. I would recommend Burlington Coat Factory as I found quite a few bargains there.

The only negative was that our room wasn't ready at 4pm but were given another room within 5 minutes. The noise from the planes from the navy base was very irritating.

Ravenna, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This place was totally nasty inside and out. stayed for only one night. "Thank Goodness" On our way to Bush Gardens.
Holes in the wall, wires sticking out of walls,filthy inside and out. Embarrssed I took my twin teenagers their, total waste of 100.00 bucks. I would not pay 30.00 bucks a night. The only good thing about it , it was close to the ocean. Stay Away........

TRAVELODGE

Been to Travelodge Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!