“Surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lawrenceville, Virginia
“Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was surprised with this hotel. I booked it for a Friday night. It was a short noticed spur of the moment trip. I booked this hotel because it was only a block away from the ocean front. I had arrived early, around 12 o clock. I asked Front desk if i could have a parking pass while i wait for the room. I know check in is at 4pm. So i understand i cant get in the room til then. But they gave me a parking pass and i got to check in an hour early. The room was clean and comfortable. I was really surprised. All we really needed was a place to sleep for the night. It was VERY quiet night. I was expecting it to be louder. Not only because im staying in a motel. But also because it is VIRGINIA BEACH. It was nice. and if i decided to come to VA beach again i will more than likely stay here again. The reason i give a 3 stars on the cleanness is because of the outside. It could use a little work but the room was very nice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
TravelodgeGM2802, General Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Mike Patel
TRAVELODGE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you are between 18 - 30 years old and you are staying with a bunch of your friends this may be the perfect place for you. If you are a family or couple looking for a nice hotel DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The hotel was old, run down and needs a lot of updating. This hotel was down right scary. I wouldn't even walk on the floor barefoot. The tub had mold in the corner, the tv was old and most channels didn't come in, the beds uncomfortable, the door to the room didn't shut tight, the windows were so grimy you couldn't see out of them and the front desk clerk was a jerk!! This hotel lacked EVERYTHING!! Definately a "party hotel" we left at 2am and there were people in the pool shouting at their friends on the 3rd floor balcony. The pool supposedly closed at 10pm however since there was no desk clerk no one enforced this "rule". Every time someone closed their hotel door our door would rattle, all night long you could hear sirens blaring, every once in awhile it sounded like someone was trying to open our door with a wrong key. Everything in this hotel was old and needs replacing. The heat did not work the unit only blew cold air and it was chilly at night!! This hotel should be no more than $75 a night. The only amenity was the outdoor pool and we didn't even use it!

Room Tip: Helpful room tip - Stay somewhere else if you want a nice,safe hotel with clean sheets! If you are y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The only reason this hotel is getting more than one star was that the room was clean and comfortable when we arrived. It was a non-smoking kitchenette. There was no hint of smoke in the room as is the case with many hotel rooms. That is where the good stops.
When I made the reservation I was told that the kitchenette came with pots and pans and utensils. Great, right? Wrong. It came with a few plates and cups, and that was it. Not even 1 fork, knife or spoon...just an empty utensil tray. When I called the front desk I was informed that it in fact did NOT come with anything. So, what is the point of paying extra for the kitchenette?
The room came stocked with 3 towels (for our 4-person party), one handtowel, and one washcloth. With two small children at the beach, that isn't even going to come close to cutting it. So...called the front desk again to get some more towels. I was told, sure...you can come pick them up at the front desk. Say what?
Also, there was zero, and I mean zero maid service in the three days we stayed there. No restocking, no taking out of the trash...nada. They put large garbage cans out and we were expected to throw out everything. And, there were no extra trash bags when you did.
Nights were loud and rowdy. Two, three am yelling, laughing, and obvious heavy drinking.
Suffice it to say, we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 345 which had a door that never opened. Maintenance man said there was a "trick&quo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Houston, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed there for a couple of nights on the first floor and when walking in, the air was stale since they turn off the AC probably to save on electricity. We bought a candle and this helped. The beds were actually comfy as it was a pillow top and the color of the room was vibrant. They would probably attract more people if thier exterior was updated. Our bathroom was also nice and clean and when asked for more towels, they were helpful in giving us some. This place is average but it is one of the cheapest so it worked well since we were outside most of the time on the beach which is accross the street.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Mike Patel
Kingston, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was coming to Virginia Beach with my family for a 2 day getaway from Ohio, I was looking online at the hotel/motel rates around where we was going and I came across Travelodge the pictures online seemed like it was a nice motel (LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING), so I made my reservation online and I was quoted $99.99/night and I called the motel 2 days before arrival to ask about my reservation and the front desk clerk said it showed on his computer that it was cancelled for some reason so he went ahead and sat me up with another reservation but upon arrival I was charged $129.99/night when I asked front desk clerk why I was getting charged $129.99 when I was quoted $99.99 on my online reservation he said because the online reservation got cancelled and I made the reservation with them and that was their standard rate, I told him it wasn't my fault that my reservation got cancelled because if it was I wouldn't have made another one! He apologized but said there was nothing he could do. So of course that wasn't a good start and it just kept getting worse from there. When we got to the room the room was poorly cleaned and I'm a Head Housekeeper in Ohio and I could not believe the way the rooms were cleaned for the price of the room it blew my mind. The bed was sloppy made. The fridge didn't work, contacted front desk clerk and he said he would send a maintaince guy up, the maintaince guy replaced the fridge. The bathroom door wouldn't latch it looked like someone broke in to the bathroom door and also the front door because you could see where the old dead bolt was located and you could see were wood from the door frame was missing. The safe did not work. I got charged a dollar to call the front desk clerk to ask where the ice machine was located. There was hair in the shower and the shower gel had already been used I'm guessing by the previous guest, when I went to the front desk and told the front desk about this he apologized but didn't do anything about it besides give me unused shower gel. There were young adults staying there that was hanging out on the steps and in the walk way, it looked like a crack motel. So all in all with everything that went wrong the staff did NOTHING to try to saticify us or anything. The only good thing about the stay was we could walk to the beach and be there in 5 or so minutes but other than that it was a terrible experience and I would NEVER recommend the motel to anyone and they would have to do some MAJOR fixing before I would ever consider staying there!

Room Tip: I would make sure to check out room before choosing to unpack and stay!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Generally price do change according to the occupancy.

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I made reservations at this hotel for nine family members and myself. I was in contact with the hotel everyday the week before expected arrival to ensure that our three rooms would be situated somewhat near each other and to secure a room that would be handicapped accessible. Upon arrival in Virginia Beach, I called the hotel to ask about early check-in. The guy on the other end of the phone was very rude when telling me that I would not be able to check-in until 2pm, it was approximately 12p at the time. After spend about 15 minutes messing around at the visitor’s center, we decided to see if we could park the truck on the property of the hotel and walk along the boardwalk. When we arrived at the hotel, I noticed that there were three other groups there who were checking in. We decided to attempt to check in. When we went to check in we were told that the rooms would be nowhere near each other, understandable. However, we were then told that all of the rooms were located on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Well, as I mentioned before, we needed a handicapped room because my father cannot climb steps. There was no elevator. Nor would we have been able to charge his Rascal Scooter. When explaining this to the guy at the front desk, he told me to call the reservations line. After talking to the people on the reservations line, they referred me back to the manager at the hotel. By this time the “manager” had become very rude and argumentative. I asked for a refund. I was given a paper to sign by that manager. I am still awaiting my refund. Luckily, we were able to find a much nicer looking hotel for a little bit more money. But for the much better customer service, I did not mind paying the extra money.

The bottom line, I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I can not even speak about the rooms because I never made it past the rude front desk staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2012

And infact you were been refunded that is see in notes for your reservation though it had passed the cancellation period just keeping in mind of providing an option for you so that you would be happy!!

Thanks.
Ocean City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

AThe room was disgusting roaches everywhere.food left in refrigerator. Would not ever stay there again

• Stayed May 2012
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 20, 2012

Been to Travelodge Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!