“perfect location and very affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Marjac Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #73 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Rome, New York, United States
“perfect location and very affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. I was a little skeptical at first.. but i will say that the staff was all very nice and very willing to help. The location was perfect. The room was clean, and the kitchen was stocked with pots/pans. The only downfall was the slow elevator, but not a big deal. Will definetly go back on our next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chardon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I think the Marjac staff was among the most helpful and friendly of any hotel staff I have ever come across. They were more than willing to help with everything we needed, from the front desk to the cleaning crew. The elevator was small, but never had to wait very long for it at all! I loved having a kitchen in the room. The bedroom was nice and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was very clean, could stand to be updated, but cleanliness is amazing. The parking lot was small but since it was so close to everything, once the car was parked we didn't have to drive anywhere which, again was wonderful! For a beachfront hotel with an amazing view, the price is amazingly affordable! I will definitely visit the Marjac again!!! I read the reviews about the noise of the air conditioner and, yes it was a little bit loud at times but only on the patio and only on occasion.

Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

this place is oceanfront rooms who wouldn't wan that. It comes with a kitchen fully equipped I didn't even use my pans or pots. A pullout sofa and tv in the livingroom. The bedroom has to big beds. I liked the place I thought it was great for what we needed and we saved $$$ on food by cooking. Yes the elevator rumors are true but taking the stairs to me isnt bad. when we checked in we put everything on the cart and I rode up with it and my husband and kids were waiting for me upstairs.No big deal!!! check in was super fast the only thing I would change about the place is the pool area and the loud housekeepers each morning. But other than that we had no problems.

Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything about our stay at Marjac Suites was positive. The staff at check-in were friendly and helpful. We got our room at 1 PM rather than having to wait for the 4PM check in time. The room was clean and had very nice amenities in the bathroom. It is great to have a full kitchen and a separate bedroom when you have children with you. The cleaning and maintenance staff were always right there for your every need and always had a smile on their face and greeted you in passing. The location is right in the center of the boardwalk so you are within steps of restaurants of every kind as well as mini golf and stores and arcades for the kids. The biggest plus is their price is well below other similar places we have stayed in VA Beach. The one item that kept the review from being 5 stars is that a few things such as the doors could use updating although the locks on the doors are the newest scan type where you just wave the plastic card in front of the lock to open it rather than inset a card. We would definitely stay here again.

Hawk Run, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend. We were able to check in early and since it was off peak they also let us pick the floor we wanted to stay on. The staff was very friendly and answered any questions we had. The beds were in their own room which was nice. The appliances weren't up to date but they worked and that was good enough for us. We go to be at the beach and not spend all of our time in the room anyway. Overall it was a nice place and we would stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I read the reviews, good and bad, and I believe some people want more than they pay for. Check in was friendly, and we even were able to get to our room early. Elevator was small, but not exceedingly slow. I guess a minute or so is too long for some people. Rooms were clean. They need updating, but equipment is clean and serviceable. I'm there for the beach, not the room. Pots and pans were cheap, but in good condition. Beds were ok, but I am biased. I have a select comfort bed at home. Bottom line, clean, friendly, spacious, no bugs, great location. All in all, I have found my new beach hotel. There was no excessive noise from either the A/C unit or the strip. I am a happy beach goer.

Room Tip: Go high for a good view of the fireworks. Bring your own dish soap.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We found this place because we had 3 kids and 3 adults. After reading so so reviews we stayed here. At first it was ok. After asking for pillows 3 times the first night I finally got them the second day. No pillows because they allow 12 people in one room if not more. Max is suppose to be 6. Parking is horrible! No parking because I'm sure the 12 people they stayed next to us has more than one vehicle. The walls are thin as hell. The maid was blasting the music outside the door while the kids were trying to sleep. The rooms were good if they were in a different location and the hotel ran by the policies and rules. I will not be staying here again or recommend it to anyone who has children.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Marjac Suites? Share your experiences!