“good food, good times” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mystery Dinner Playhouse
1900 Pavilion Drive, Double Tree Hotel - Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
888-471-4802
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 122 things to do in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Solve a mystery while enjoying your dinner!
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“good food, good times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Mystery dinner playhouse was great! The food was great and the show was great! The actors are personable and friendly. The show was funny and you can take pictures. You eat in between the scenes, but its kind of a rush, because the actors serve you and they dont start the next scene until everyone is done with the course. Overall, we had a great time!

Charlotte
“Great change in pace from a regular night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Food was better than expected. The actors did a great job. We took my mother for her 73rd birthday. The staff was so friendly and really make my mother feel special. We would definably go again.

Va Beach
“Never, Ever, Ever will I go there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

When writing about our evening here, I can only say it was Horrible, Terrible, Tacky, Cheap, Boring, Pathetic, Shabby and Gross! This place is a dump (W'burg)! The food-4 courses- started with of 2 ounces of COLD soup in a cup - didn't even have a saucer under it. It went on to a warm, limp salad, then about 4oz of chicken with FROZEN veggies. And desert...please! No bread, frozen butter, dirty tablecloth, salad dressing in packets!!! Oh, this whole place is a dump. The sad part is, they are really sticking it to tourists. No locals ever go there, cause they've heard how bad it is. Yikes - stay away, cause if you go, then they'll ask you for a $7-10 tip at the end - they asked us!!! Holy cow it was bad! (PS - it is not for children either - too many dirty jokes and off color comments) Yuck!

Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“entertainment for all ages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I was amazed at how helpful the staff was in setting up the dinner- I ended up having a party of 18- that had to be rescheduled due to snow- my parties numbers kept changing and they were always polite and went above and beyone to accomidate our needs. The show was fun- for kids, adults, and older folks- food was very good. Enjoyed the "relaxed" fashion of the show, so as people could talk, eat, and just enjoy themselves without the "stuffy" structure that some venues provide. We had a great time and would do it again. Dani

Washington DC
“Murder was absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

My company was looking for a fun, affordable outing to celebrate a good quarter. We decided on Mystery Dinner Playhouse, since it seemed different from any corporate dinner we had ever attended in the past. What a great time we had! Some of us were very into solving the murder, and others were just enjoying the play. The actors were VERY good, and the show was really funny! We were all impressed. The dinner was excellent, and we got to select our entrees when we arrived. Every person in our company enjoyed the dinner immensely. I would highly recommend Mystery Dinner Playhouse for a family outing, a corporate party, a fun evening out with friends, or even by yourself, because you will be friends with everyone in the cast and in the audience before the night is over!!!! I am already planning an outing for when my family is in town!