“GREAT ITALIAN FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“GREAT ITALIAN FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This wife and my favorite resturant. It is difficult to find excellent Italian food in this area. The Frutti di Mare (seafood sauce/gravy) and Melanzana Pamagina are awesome and our favorities. Whatever you order you will be delicious and plenty. Service is great! Brought my family from NY (12 people) for a great meal. After ordering our drinks, appetizers and meal, we received an emgency phone call that a family member was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. My family had to leave immediately to return to NY. The resturant staff was great and they rushed to get our meals from the kitchen, package the meals for my family 7 hour drive back to NY. The staff and the hostess were very understanding, polite and quick. The hostess even packaged a variety of Italian cookies from the deli (gratis) for my family's trip back to NY. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stopped for lunch and were seated quickly. Our server took our drink order and was very slow gettng back to us. There were only 4-5 tables and 2 servers, so she was not very busy. Ordered soup and was told that they only make a small amount and there was no more, even if it was a little after 1. The food we did recieve was very good. The pasta was a little undercooked. We asked for a box to go and our server took it into the back. She had to be reminded about it after paying the bill. I have been here before and everything was good. Hopefully our server had a bad day. I would go back again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“POLICIES AND ATTITUDE OF THE MANAGEMENT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went to La Bella Italia last night. Ordered bruschetta, 2 beef meatballs and water. I was called away, asked my server (very polite, courteous) to wrap for take-out. Bruschetta was placed in large styrofoam container, along with 2 smaller containers. Needless to say, when i removed the food from my car, the oil went all over me and the kitchen. I called today, was advised by the owners' daughter, that I should have asked for it to be wrapped in saran wrap. Well, even if I had thought to do that, oil leaks from saran wrap. i advised daughter that anything with oil should be in spill-proof container and it was management's responsibility to see that take-out is packaged properly. If my server was inexperienced, as she indicated, then it falls on management. Daughter asked if i wanted to come back for more bruschetta, I declined, just wanted my money back (over $17.00 for the bruschetta, water and 2 beef meatballs). She replied that was not their policy. Avoid any restaurant with this policy. Actually, Olive Garden's bruschetta is far superior. I will never return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Go and enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant serves fresh food as it is made to order the right way. So if you are in a rush don't go here for microwaved already prepared food. The meat melts in your mouth. The large mushrooms are a favorite of mine with the smoked cheese and roasted peppers with a balsamic vinegar dressing drizzled on top. If that's not there send it back and tell them to make it right. One cook in the past tried to cut corners with this regular customer. I was disappointed and sent it back. They fixed it. Try not to get clams, they tend to be sandy at times. They need to read the books on how to get rid of the sand and do it. With all this, I am just being honest. I prefer this Italian restaurant to my home. Actually they make some dishes better than I do and I am Italian.
They don't rush to get you out of there. Their house wine is delicious. I have brought many people there and they have all enjoyed their meal. I have never had a bad waiter or waitress there either. The other location at Red Mill is wonderful as well.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Fresh Pasta Dishes in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

As someone who has eaten in just about every Italian restaurant in town, this culinary team gets it right

Sometime it takes a little long, but its worth the wait. No shortcuts here.

The fresh pasta dishes are incredible, and the Italian bakery is worth the visit alone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere