“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cumberland, Maryland
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Just returned from VAB and my stay at the Hilton Garden Oceanfront. What a nice hotel. Staff are extremely kind and helpful. The concierge services were spot on with suggestions for restaurants. The rooms are all ocean front with beautiful views and private balconies. Family friendly with an indoor/outdoor pool. My only suggestion would be more luggage caddies and larger ones. When I travel for business I have many items. Overall, I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Beautiful hotel great staff that is very helpful. The rooms are good with a wonderful view. I would not say that the cost is equal to what you get. I would probably choose another hotel if I visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Richmond, VA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel says that a shuttle is available. I was part of a wedding party and only needed to go 5 blocks away. It was raining so hard I was not able to walk. When I called in ADVANCE to utilize the shuttle, the valet said there was no shuttle. I tried to utilize the shuttle on the Friday of my stay and the Saturday of my stay. I am most disappointed in the attitude of the staff when I inquired about a service the hotel claims they offer. It was like I was asking for something totally unreasonable. It really made question whether or not I will stay in that hotel or any Hilton hotel at all. All you needed to have done to have exceeded my expectations is actually offer the service that you advertise.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

David_Schaum1, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel shuttle. We will double check all printed and web based collateral to ensure it reflects the shuttle is based upon availability. We have already mentioned your concerns to our valet staff to ensure they respond appropriately, as the answer to your question should have never been “There is no Shuttle”. There is a shuttle. Thanks again for pointing this experience out to us. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Perfect location. Ocean view room was perfect to sit on the balcony and listen to the nightly musicians. Dinner at Catch 31 was pricey but food was excellent. Roof top pool was awesome. Room was clean and had upgraded amenities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

David_Schaum1, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We certainly appreciate your praise. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I came here with my husband and it was horrible it had long queues for breakfast and the beds were uncomfortable and the railing for the balcony was very unsteady. But besides that it was very pretty.

Room Tip: Higher room have better views and are more larger in the corner suites.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
David_Schaum1, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments and bringing the balcony railing to our attention. I’ve had the Engineering team check all balconies to ensure the utmost safety for our guests. I’m sorry that you don’t like our new Hilton Serenity mattresses. We strive to find a bed that suits many different tastes. Once again, thank you for your comments so that we can improve our hotel and services.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at this Hilton for 3 nights and the location was good enough that we did not have to use our car during our entire stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. We did encounter quite a bit of noise on our first night due to a room on the north side of the building while one of the concerts in the adjacent park was going on, traveling with a 2 year-old, the concert went a little too late for her but the hotel was quick to send up a bellman to move us to a higher room on the south side of the hotel. The restaurants within were also very good, and the relationship they have with the beach vendors was very convenient.

One major gripe I did have with the property is that this Hilton is franchised by a company that owns a majority of the larger newer properties on the beach which also happens to sell Time-Share for many of those properties. The company, Gold Key, has employees right at the concierge desk side-by-side with the actual concierge referring people to go on one of the time-share tours in order to get free tickets to a local attraction. We decided to go ahead with one of their sales pitches as the person at the hotel stated they were new and it would help them, promising it would only be a 90 minute tour; however, we ended up losing a good 5 hours of our first full day at the beach. I suppose that is the price we pay for being nice, too bad it ended up costing us a day at the beach.

I must say, I am a bit shocked that a Hilton would let a time-share company sell on property, especially at their concierge desk. It really soured my entire experience at Virginia Beach. After seeing how much of the beach Gold Key owns, I likely won't vacation in the area again.

Room Tip: Request a high room on the south side. Stay away from the concierge.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to post your comments. The Neptune Park’s 31st stage offers a wide range of musical entertainment, and the hotel’s north side allows our guests to have the best seats in the house. I have reviewed your comments with the Front Desk to ensure that at check-in, we offer our guests location options (close to the music or not) if there is room availability. As for the time-share, it is a popular option for some in Virginia Beach. The team that promotes it is passionate about what they do but recognize that it isn’t for everyone. I hope that your experience won’t permanently tarnish your perception of the entire city. Thank you again for your feedback. We’ll see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel rooms -5th and 7th floor that we viewed are aged and showing wear. The lobby is very nice, the executive lounge was pleasant. Walls are thin and could hear neighbors next store. As a Diamond member, we were not provided an upgrade, we had to return to the front desk and ask. There was an empty beer can left in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

David_Schaum1, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. It is our practice to upgrade our Diamond member guests to oceanfront rooms if there is availability. The summer vacation season makes it difficult some times. I have reviewed your comments with the Front Desk and Housekeeping teams in order to improve our service delivery. Once again, thank you for your feedback. We’ll see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Dave Schaum

Been to Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!