“Hilton VA Beach Stay 9-6-13 -- 9-8-13” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Beach Cabana Package
Ranked #28 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Springfield, United States
“Hilton VA Beach Stay 9-6-13 -- 9-8-13”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My family and I were somewhat unpleased with the accommodations of our room during our stay at the Hilton VA Beach on 9-6-13 -- 9-8-13. The amount of noise generated by the parties going on next to the hotel was excessive and we could hear it in our room in the 6th floor past midnight. Our kids could not sleep and were restless because of the loud music. The beds in our room were extremely firm and uncomfortable to the point that we would wake up in the morning with sore backs. Most hotels in VA Beach offer free breakfast to their guests and we were disappointed to find out that's not the case with this hotel. My other gripe with the hotel is that some "person" had his Ferrari parked in front of the hotel the entire time my family and I stayed there. This makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and tells me that the hotel shows favoritism to its elite clientele. This is really bad business practice in my opinion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DavidSchaum, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. All of our guests are extremely valuable to us and your comments have been reviewed.

845 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This is an awesome hotel, but honestly what made the stay was the beachside bar, the live bands and the awesome bartenders, especially Nacho. Nacho is a character that entertains the crowd. He took care of us at every turn and introduced us to some of the best drinks that I have ever had. The service is outstanding and made us keep coming back night after night. If I ever come back to Virginia beach, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visited this property February 2013 as a local tourist!! Everything about this place was great!! The staff, rooms, service, location & experience all were excellent! It's located directly on the beach which gave us an amazing view. All of my experiences with Hilton have been great. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone visiting the VA Beach/ Hampton Roads area.

Room Tip: I would recommend oceanview room (not sure if they all are).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shervonda1,

Thank you very much for selecting our property as your traveling destination and your loyalty to the Hilton brand.
I sincerely appreciate you thoughtful comments regarding our staff, rooms and service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Right on the beach. the room was immaculate, very updated. there is no mini bar or room refrigerator though. they give you towels for the beach and a voucher for a beach chair but the chair is awful. it's a one piece rigid vinyl-coated metal chair. you can upgrade for a fee to a lounge chair (also vinyl-coated metal) that reclines and for another fee get a cushion. you can get a n umbrella or a cabana for more fees.
But you're right in the heart of the action at the beach and can walk or take the "trolley" ($1, each way or $2 all day pass, senior 60 and up $1 all day pass). Taxis are expensive if you need to venture off the strip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is the ONLY place to stay at the beach....Excellent staff....Excellent rooms....They treated me and my family like kings and we are sure to return. The club lounge was top notch and worth it. Security is professional, housekeeping exceptional....Valets are expedient. Only complaint....I COULDN'T STAY LONGER!!!

Room Tip: The Empyrean floors get you into the lounge...Excellent!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cheyenne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Met a friend that I hadn't seen in several years. I chose this hotel due to HH loyalty and location on the beach. We had a wonderful time and this hotel was a great contributor to the memories we shared. the north side was close to the music (which we didn't bargain for (or ask for)-- but it wasn't too distracting). I liked the location to stores and shops as well. There were lots of activities within walking distance. A bit pricy for laborday weekend but with HH points I was able to make it work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last year we stayed at Hilton Ocean Front Virginia Beach for a few days without any problems. We decided to stay for a week this year on the club level reserving 3 ocean front rooms. We just bought 4 brand new bikes before our vacation to raise money for cancer research. We decided to take them with us to ride on the boardwalk. We always valet parking when its available. It is easier for my disable child when we need the car. When we valet our car, the valet attended did not tell us they are not responsible for the four bikes hanging on the bike rack of the car. On the 4th day, my children and my husband wanted to ride the bikes. The valet attended had a note that they need to escort us to the vehicle. Apparently, 2 of the 4 bikes were missing. We found two bikes one on the ground and the other was hanging loose on the broken rack. We contacted the police but the police would not arrive at the seen since this is common in Virginia beach to have bikes stolen. Andrew one of Hilton security told us that the valet parking attended found that two of the bikes missing at 7:30 am in the morning he told his supervisor. When I spoke to the head of Hilton security Jason Petrie told me he found that someone were tampering with the 4 bikes that he noticed one bike on the ground and the other was hanging on the rack @ 6:30 am. What I don’t understand why the valet attended or the head of Hilton Security did not contact authority/police to let them know. If we did not arrive at 11 am that day, the other two bikes would have been stolen. Why they did not notify us or the front desk?. The police turned the (via phone) to Virginia Beach detective to investigate and find the criminal who stole the bikes. I asked to see the video to find out who stole the bikes, unfortunately, the garage is owned by the city of Virginia Beach and they told me that whoever stole your bikes knows where the cameras are and took off in a different exit. I still not sure how or who stole my bikes. According to the garage personal, no one from Hilton or the police asked for a copy of the video. The detective believes it is a homeless person who stole the bikes. When I spoke to the Front desk manager Zack Brigman, told me that Risk management/insurance company would cover those kind of lose/damage claim and the police report would be helpful. I gave Zack the police report then he said he is not sure what would happen and if the insurance company would give me my money. While I was on the beach, I was speaking to the umbrella guys. One of them told me that one of the valet attendant used the key to unlock the bikes than cut off the wires to make it look like someone else stole the bikes. I went back to Zack Brigman and Andrew from security to let them know what I was told, than Zack was very rude and unprofessional. He told me to do whatever you want and that he can not help me. I left several voice messages on David Schaum General Manager of the hotel so he can help with the situation, but he never returned my calls. Apparently, Hilton Virginia Beach Ocean Front does not care about publicity or customer satisfactions. I contacted Hilton Member services, they wrote a report along with the attached receipts of the bikes and the rack and submitted to the General Manager. I than contacted Zack Brigman to get an update on the insurance claim, he was very rude and told me that the insurance company sent you a letter which I never received and that he thought I was pursuing different thing. He would not discuss and speak with me further and hang off the phone on me. I am only asking for the damage which is over $1,500 but Hilton does not want to honor or be accountable for the crime which was committed on their responsibility by personal. I have four children and a disable child, we went on vacation to relax and enjoy. Instead we were treated with disrespect and lost over $1.500.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DavidSchaum, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Mrs. Williams,

Our staff and I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with your missing bikes. I understand that this had a negative impact on your vacation and we’re so sorry for that. Unfortunately, not everyone in Virginia Beach is a good citizen, and we hope whoever is responsible is caught. In the meantime, please work closely with the Virginia Beach Police detective assigned to your case as well as our risk management department to help resolve this matter. Once again, we deeply apologize for your missing bikes and hope this is all resolved to your satisfaction soon.

Been to Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!