“Corner Room Top Floor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Southern MD
“Corner Room Top Floor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed in the corner unit and had the best weekend ever! The view was incredible, the weather was bad but we didn't care. We settled in for a cozy weekend of relaxation. Bath was nice, especially during the middle of the day. Did I mention the tv in the bathroom :-) The bedding was super comfortable, and turn down service was a nice touch. The hotel was beautiful and I would love to visit again during warm summer sunshine, I'd sit on the balcony with coffee and watch the dolphins and surfers.

Room Tip: Top floor corner, ocean side..the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

859 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Haymarket, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

A great stay from the minute I arrived till the minute I checked out. The staff is very friendly and always ready to help. The hotel was always clean and my room was spotless. Great food at the Catch 31 resturant. Best place to stay in Virginia Beach!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Central PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid-March for a conference. I was impressed with the view from my room--truly a great ocean view. Room was very clean and tastefully appointed. The Hilton staff seemed to be pros at putting on conferences--everything seemed quickly and efficiently done, from setting up meals to letting attendees store their luggage after checking out. I was on the 5th floor and can see that in the summer, it might be loud w/ the restaurant/bar right below you. However, it was cool/windy when I was there, and the hotel was quiet, as was all of Virginia Beach. The young man at the concierge desk was so helpful one evening in helping us find a restaurant and get a reservation. The beds were very comfortable; would have liked to take one home. My sole complaint: I couldn't seem to find a way to get from my 5th floor room to the conference level via the stairs--everything seemed to be labeled "emergency only" or took you directly to the lobby level. Waiting for the elevator occasionally got tiresome. But a minor quibble! I took a conference shuttle to the hotel, but the parking looked fairly convenient--a garage right across the street connected by a bridge.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from outdoor bar/restaurant probably quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very modern decor but lacking some basic amenities like a decent gym and a pool that is not closed as it seemed to have been built 30 years ago!! Awfully loud music playing in the lobby making it hard to speak to the front desk staff. Very nice ocean view room but when we arrived there was only one towel in the room and when we called for more they brought 2 more bath towels and nothing else?? We had to leave a note asking for hand towels and face cloths from the maid the next morning. Also, upon our arrival after a long drive, we ordered a bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers from room service and this took 45 minutes?! The waiter apologized, saying that the kitchen staff wanted to make a work of art out of the cheese and crackers!! Food in Catch 31 was very ordinary and rather pricey, but the waiting staff was attentive and professional. We had dinner in the room and it was brought on a tray and the waitress asked where we wanted it?? There was only the desk so we had to perch our plates on our knees. What happened to the room service cart that opens up to a table that we have seen in many other hotels? Because of these problems, I hesitate to fully recommend this hotel.

Mechanicville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Spent a short time there, next time will spend more time there. Went for relaxation and a pick-me-up from work. Got both. Great views nice balcony to enjoy the fresh air. Weather was fantastic for early April. Friendly and attentive staff.

Room Tip: We had ocean view on the 8th floor, when I realized t wasn't oceanfront I felt deceived. It tur...
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

For the price of the room and the Hilton brand, I just expected more from the hotel. There wasn't a mini fridge in the room, and we only had down pillows. The staff was very friendly, though, and everything was top-notch in quality. However, based on the amenities provided, the overall value was not inherent for the stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Skokie, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here in April for a long weekend. I was there for a wedding, which was taking place on the beach outside the hotel and inside for the reception.

My first impression was that the hotel seemed a lot nicer than any other hotel around it. Granted, I didn't stay in or even visit any of the other hotels, but if I had to pick from the outside, I definitely would have picked this one.

Inside is very nice and clean. Check-in staff was very friendly and accommodating (I asked for late checkout on two rooms and they said no problem).

There is nothing really out of the ordinary here. The decor is nice, lobby and restaurants are attractive and the food was above average. I will say that the main restaurant has a bit of an 80's vibe to it, but I guess the 80s are back, so yeah. Imagine that bar in Top Gun when Maverick and Goose sing Righteous Brothers to Charlie... kind of like that, but with a great dining area and more women. The bartender Nancy was fun and made us laugh, fast with the drinks and great conversation.

The rooms were well maintained, housekeeping-wise. We had one ocean view and even though the room itself didn't "face" the ocean (it was on the corner of the building) the balcony provided a full view, including the sunrise. On the night of the wedding, I actually wound up booking another standard, non ocean view room and letting other people stay in my original room. Aside from no view or balcony the room was nice and exceptionally large.

I did have two issues with the rooms. One is that there are no refrigerators, which I actually use. Kind of a bummer. There is definitely room, so I don't know what is going on there. Also, room 814 has a slow drip/leak under the bathroom sink which makes the floor a little dangerous. Room 903 has a faulty toilet flapper which never makes a seal, so the toilet runs ALL DAY AND NIGHT unless you put your hand in the freezing tank and push it down.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. However, I am easy to please and I don't constantly require management assistance or something to complain about like a lot of travelers, hence my four stars. I would stay there again for sure if I was back in the area and wanted to stay on the beach.

Room Tip: ocean view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!