“Great weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Verona, Va
“Great weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent two days for a quick getaway. We stayed in a Empryrean leval ocean front room. The view was awesone, the Empyrean lounge was greatt and the ambiance in the hotel was wonderful. I would highly recommend if you want a quiet getaway, stay on a club leval room. This will ensure that you have sufficient privacy and enjoy your stay.

I have stayed at numerous Hiltons all over the world and this hotel is superb. The concierge was extremely helpful. He knew when to be there and when not to be.

The room was marvelous and the bedding was exceptional. Room service was excellent and it was even well priced.

The only downfall to the hotel is the parking. I hate Valet parking, so we self parked, which was fine, however, it was overpriced and the key cards never worked in the garage.

I would recommend this hotel highly, but hopefully they will work on their parking situation.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Leval room. You will not regret it. The rooms are awesome and the view at sunrise are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travel extensively for business, so I decided to stay at the Hilton Oceanfront instead of near the hotel. I viewed it as a mini-vacation. Anyway, we arrived to almost monsoon winds and crazy rain. We decided to valet park each day ($16, a value in my book) and took our stuff inside. Once we were in and checking in, the electricity kept going on and off. However, because I'm a diamond hilton honors member, the person checking us in upgraded us. Well worth it. We ate at the restaurant downstairs and, although extremely pricey, the food was good. We never had an issue - this location is much further north than the sites. Perfect for someone that is looking to actually relax, but if you're looking for shopping and fun, this is a bit away from that.

Besides that, the room was an excellent value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
North America
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My extended family and I traveled to Virginia Beach in late February for a funeral. We had five rooms throughout the hotel, and each of them were upgraded to the "Gold" level. The service was excellent yet understated, and much better than what I've seen at some Fairmonts. The bar scene on Friday and Saturday night were surprisingly good and had some off the radar beers on tap.

Rest assured that this hotel is excellent and among the best in the region.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We could not afford the Hilton over the summer month and tool advantage for their winter specials. I am lucky we did as we would have been even more upset paying full for what we experienced. From a dusty room, dirty sheet over to scripted and cold service, there was nothing to write home about. You should not just life from a location and try harder to also match the product with service. We will try another ocean front hotel end of march, Hilton will not be an option for us anymore.

• Stayed February 2013
KK757, Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We're sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive for excellence in cleanliness, service and our amenities. Our location on the boardwalk is a perk our guests usually enjoy very much, as we are central to all the best shopping, dining and entertainment on the oceanfront.

We hope you give us a second chance to serve you again next time your travels bring you to Virginia Beach.

Thanks,
David Schaum, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Its what I expected. I wasn't impressed with all the kids in the lobby starring at us when we walked in. Suppose there was an event going on. Room was cold all night but I'm a woman! (we are always cold!) Felt like waitress was annoyed to serve us but I only say that because her attitude and she had to point out she was suppose to leave but stayed... and I must say when a couple is in a nice restaurant employees should take conversations else ware. Valet was my biggest issue I would have been better of saving 16 bucks and getting my own car. The wait was annoying for me perhaps because I have no patience. All and all I would say yes stay at the Hilton its got best price for what your looking for.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here Memorial weekend of 2012 with our 8 year old son. The hotel has ONE elevator and at night the pool deck turns into a night club. There were two major issues with that. First, the lines for the elevator were long and second, the "boom, boom, boom" from the nightclub could be heard all night. Our room was on the 7th floor and oceanfront. When we first arrived, the wheels to the sliding closet door were missing and the safe fell out of the wall. We paid $1400 for the weekend and had to deal with maintenance for the first hour or so. Also, be prepared to pay for nice lounges on the beach. A lounge & umbrella ran us $50 per day. The pool on top of the building was very busy and no chairs to be found.

The Pro's are: Very nice location, friendly staff and beautiful view. I am writing this review as we intend to return to Virginia Beach in May and will not be booking a room at the Hilton. I hope this can be helpful to another family traveling for a beach weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway with my husband to celebrate our birthdays. We thoroughly enjoyed the location, our corner room with balcony and ocean view was both spacious and inviting. Catch 31 - the bar and the restaurant of the same name (on site) were friendly - with good views of the oceanfront, excellent service and very fresh, well-prepared seafood. Try a spicy Bloody Mary "Natcho style" at the bar. If it had been just a little warmer, we might have dined outside by the gas fire pits. We've done that before - most enjoyable. We thought the hotel's location along the boardwalk was ideal - great views and fairly quiet. We've traveled to VA Beach many times over the years and have frequented the restaurant many times but haven't stayed at the hotel before this trip. If you are looking for a more than a basic beach hotel, we highly recommend it. One caveat - the rooftop pool was closed for renovation during our visit. We were informed of this when booking our reservation - it would have been a lovely addition to a great weekend away. We can only imagine how breathtaking the view would be. Perhaps a return visit is in our future!

Room Tip: According to the hotel - the corner rooms are more spacious than the standard rooms. Our 7th floor c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!