“Just average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We could not afford the Hilton over the summer month and tool advantage for their winter specials. I am lucky we did as we would have been even more upset paying full for what we experienced. From a dusty room, dirty sheet over to scripted and cold service, there was nothing to write home about. You should not just life from a location and try harder to also match the product with service. We will try another ocean front hotel end of march, Hilton will not be an option for us anymore.

• Stayed February 2013
KK757, Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We're sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive for excellence in cleanliness, service and our amenities. Our location on the boardwalk is a perk our guests usually enjoy very much, as we are central to all the best shopping, dining and entertainment on the oceanfront.

We hope you give us a second chance to serve you again next time your travels bring you to Virginia Beach.

Thanks,
David Schaum, General Manager

790 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Its what I expected. I wasn't impressed with all the kids in the lobby starring at us when we walked in. Suppose there was an event going on. Room was cold all night but I'm a woman! (we are always cold!) Felt like waitress was annoyed to serve us but I only say that because her attitude and she had to point out she was suppose to leave but stayed... and I must say when a couple is in a nice restaurant employees should take conversations else ware. Valet was my biggest issue I would have been better of saving 16 bucks and getting my own car. The wait was annoying for me perhaps because I have no patience. All and all I would say yes stay at the Hilton its got best price for what your looking for.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here Memorial weekend of 2012 with our 8 year old son. The hotel has ONE elevator and at night the pool deck turns into a night club. There were two major issues with that. First, the lines for the elevator were long and second, the "boom, boom, boom" from the nightclub could be heard all night. Our room was on the 7th floor and oceanfront. When we first arrived, the wheels to the sliding closet door were missing and the safe fell out of the wall. We paid $1400 for the weekend and had to deal with maintenance for the first hour or so. Also, be prepared to pay for nice lounges on the beach. A lounge & umbrella ran us $50 per day. The pool on top of the building was very busy and no chairs to be found.

The Pro's are: Very nice location, friendly staff and beautiful view. I am writing this review as we intend to return to Virginia Beach in May and will not be booking a room at the Hilton. I hope this can be helpful to another family traveling for a beach weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway with my husband to celebrate our birthdays. We thoroughly enjoyed the location, our corner room with balcony and ocean view was both spacious and inviting. Catch 31 - the bar and the restaurant of the same name (on site) were friendly - with good views of the oceanfront, excellent service and very fresh, well-prepared seafood. Try a spicy Bloody Mary "Natcho style" at the bar. If it had been just a little warmer, we might have dined outside by the gas fire pits. We've done that before - most enjoyable. We thought the hotel's location along the boardwalk was ideal - great views and fairly quiet. We've traveled to VA Beach many times over the years and have frequented the restaurant many times but haven't stayed at the hotel before this trip. If you are looking for a more than a basic beach hotel, we highly recommend it. One caveat - the rooftop pool was closed for renovation during our visit. We were informed of this when booking our reservation - it would have been a lovely addition to a great weekend away. We can only imagine how breathtaking the view would be. Perhaps a return visit is in our future!

Room Tip: According to the hotel - the corner rooms are more spacious than the standard rooms. Our 7th floor c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Traveling to VA Beach for business I decided to change it up a bit and stay at the beach rather than the town center...amazing hotel price reductions this time of year along the beach front hotels! I am a diamond hilton member and therefore was upgraded to a corner room with balcony and beautiful view of the ocean. It was so nice to wake up with the winter sun beaming in and that view of the ocean. Hard to motivate myself for a work day!
My room was very nice and bed comfy. I liked the huge flat screen TV that swiveled for the right angle. The bathroom was not large and the jacuzzi tub did NOT look inviting. I thought the mini fridge needed to be in a cabinet...it was a bit cheezy the way it was squeezed in next to the dresser.
I sat at the restaurant bar for a lite dinner and martini. The bar tenders are quick and excellent.
I was given a key to the executive lounge and that was typical in a good way for this type of hotel...lots of good beverage choices, snacks, fruits, cookies, continental breakfast etc.
I hate parking garages....that is the only choice for parking... unless you valet your car (which is double in price).
I cannot see paying the premium summer rates for this room ($350 to $400)...but I enjoyed my winter stay and rate!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

As a photographer I get to visit many different places around the country and recently I did a photo shoot at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. As a Hilton Honor member they are my preferred hotel but here it's more than that is about the professionalism and service excellence received from the staff.

I scheduled ahead of time and coordinated with their events department so my shoot would go smoothly. I was so impressed at how easy everything went together and happy that I didn't have to worry about my customers getting lost.

While staying their the Blue Angels were performing and I had such an amazing view that I couldn't help but stop and photograph the precision.

I recommend this hotel if you want to spend quality time in Virginia Beach with your loved one or you need an amazing venue to impress your customers or guests. Nothing short of spectacular!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
KK757, Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hi Mr. Swartz,

Thank you for taking time to leave a rave review on your stay at our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and will share your kind words with our staff.

On another note, we'd love to know if you'd be willing to share some of your photos with us. We are always looking for new photography that features our hotel. Please reach out to kristi.kastrounis@phrinc.com if you'd like to discuss further.

Hope to have you stay at our hotel again in the near future!

Thanks,
Dave Schaum, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Carpet frayed. Prefer to have sink outside of bathroom. Room service was timely and brian was very nice but both of our breakfast orders were incorrect. Too expensive for what you get. Would I go back? Not on my dime.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!