“Great location, great facility, great people.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Run Condominium

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Dolphin Run Condominium
You added Dolphin Run Condominium to your Saves list
303 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Pittsburgh
“Great location, great facility, great people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've been to this condominium several times in my life. While we've only stayed in one room there (the owner is a family member), the entire building is well maintained and quite family friendly. The desk is manned 24/7 by friendly and service minded staff. The pool and hot tub are kept clean. The parking lot is secure. You can't ask for much more in a rental unit like this.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Made a reservation at this resort. Haven't been there in 4 years and my husband and I wanted to go back for our anniversary. Tina did everything for us - emailed me often with reminders, etc. Even offered us, from the owner's, free Friday night accommodations if we wanted to come early. And for the first time ever, let us check in when we arrived, instead of the usual 4:00.

Tina is the absolute best!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

We just returned from Dolphin Run and couldn't have been happier with the accommodations. After reading reviews before we were leaving I was concerned, but once we got there we found out how incorrect they were. The exterior was completely renovated and the unit we stayed in was awesome, we couldn't have asked for anything nicer. The view was beautiful. To anyone that may be skeptical, don't be!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed at the Dolphin Run Condominium the week of Aug. 7-14 with my almost elderly parents and some family friends. My husband was able to join us mid-week. We were on the 8th floor. Yes there was a short period of time when the elevators were inoperable. However, it did not last very long. Both of my parents have varying degrees of physical disability and we certainly would have noticed if the elevators were out for longer than a few hours. We made frequent trips out. It was disappointing not to have an outdoor pool. It was extremely hot and my mother was not physically able to go to the beach. Note in general: Virginia Beach is NOT very handicapped friendly, unlike Ocean City which is completely accessible even to the beach. The indoor pool was extremely crowded and noisy with many small children. There is also a hot tub but unfortunately served as as kiddie bath tub most of the time. What ever happened to the "no kids in a hot tub rule??" OUr unit itself was very clean, well maintained and stocked, thanks to the owners. Note: if you plan on cooking in alot; the kitchen is very, very small! No storage space for our groceries. Not room enough for 2 people at one time. Front desk staff was vrey friendly and helpful with all questions and concerns. They even helped with needed extra parking( which is a hassle in VB). I would suggest the powers that be at Dolphin run consider the feasibility of putting in an out door poor (or converting the indoor). Other than that, it was a fine place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
newark, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

no outside pool, no restaurant-all items we knew before we booked, but, we also booked on the 9th floor, knowing there were elevators, yep, there were elevators, just not operable ones. it was 102 degrees and we had to hike up and down 9 flights of stairs in a sweltering stairwell with luggage. And, dont ask for compensation, because the BOARD will offer you 100.00 dollars off of NEXT years stay! Yeah, thats what I want, to plan another trip there. Who knows what my plans are for next year and wow-100.00??? Please, I spent WELL over 2000.00, by the time they add in taxes and this and that-you know-things to guarantee YOU dont mess up THEIR place or THEIR week, nevermind, someone traveling out of state with limited funds for a NICE relaxing vacation- and they want to force me to return to get any kind of compensation?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME! book somewhere else!!! In this economy, every cent counts, book in Myrlte Beach, more affordable condos and working elevators, with outside pools

Middlebury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

On a positive note, I will give the staff good marks for politeness and courteousness.
I cannot speak highly of the facility. The hallways smelled moldy, and of cigarette smoke. To start off, there were no keys to the condo we rented. Initially, the staff opened the door so we could move in, but with no key, we could not leave and lock up. Eventually, upon prodding, someone came up and locked the doors. We did get keys, 2 or so hours later.
The real gift came later in the week after a heavy rain. We heard water running across the ceiling, like a bathtub drain. Within a few minutes, water started pouring from the light fixture and ceiling fan. This ceiling fan was turning at the time, and threw water all over the room. Eventually, the water stopped, as maintenance explained, "oh we have this problem every time it rains". Apparently there are cracks in the drain pipes in the ceiling the they have yet to be replaced. The following day, maintenace replaced the light cover in the kitchen (it was full of water) and yet did not vacuum the carpet which was soaking wet.
In short, Dolphin Run is overpriced and poorly maintained. It is impressive to me that they rent this disaster to you, (once, twice you are a fool) and also are willing to sell these condos to you.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Prior to our July trip to Virginia Beach I read reviews on Trip Advisor and was somewhat concerned about our upcoming stay there. I certainly need not have been. Our family is quite experienced at travel and I can say without a doubt that our stay at Dolphin Run was one of the most trouble free, relaxing and enjoyable trips we've ever made to Virginia Beach...and we've made many. Our room was not ready when we arrived, however, we arrived very early and the employees, especially the manager, Tina, went out of their way to accomodate us and make us comfortable for the short time we had to wait. Any questions we had were answered immediately and any problems that arose, and there were very few, were immediately resolved. Our room was clean, bright and inviting and I would not stay anywhere else on any return trip. The staff was attentive and went out of their way to make sure our stay was a relaxing and memorable one. I highly recommend Dolphin Run for anyone travelling to VA Beach. Remember folks, it's a condo, not a motel room. Stay there. You'll love it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Dolphin Run Condominium? Share your experiences!