“not worth the aggrevation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency

You added Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency to your Saves list
Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   308 21st Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #77 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Providence Rhode Island, United States
“not worth the aggrevation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

very disaponted with hotel managment, bad customer service. the only good thing is the location other than that stay away. very dirty from stairs to rooms. im still trying to get refunded for a night i did not spent there. STAY AWAY

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jamestown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I don't like to think of myself as snobby or "upperclass", and I'm not the least bit high maintenance to believe I need to stay at the Ritz Carlton when I go on vacation. When my family pulled into the parking lot of the Sundial, it reminded me of an inner city rundown dump....VERY outdated...OLD tv....OLD furniture...the bathroom door was EXTREMELY narrow...the room was clean, the location was nice, staff was courteous and helpful though....the outside was basically a big cement block painted brown...they claimed it was no smoking but the room reeked of it...I was afraid to walk barefoot in the room, and kept my shoes on the whole time. Next time, I will defiantly be staying somewhere else...if you're single with no kids and want to stay somewhere cheap, you might be ok....me, my husband or children won't be stepping foot in that place again.

• Stayed August 2012
Staunton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was very disapointed in this hotel. When my friend and I first arrived I pulled down the blanket and there was blood on it all over the inside, and when we told the front desk they acted like it wasn't a big deal. On top of thta some of the lights were out and there was a a good size hole in the wall, sorry but my friend and I both agreed that we would never go back there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is my second time staying here it's one block from the beach it's not a five star hotel but to sleep its good . The room was clean and I would def go back . You can't beat their price my husband and I stayed 3 nights and we payed $230
That was awesome the oceanfront hotels can't go lower than that

• Stayed June 2012
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here with another person on Memorial Day weekend. We did not need reservations, and Sundial was very inexpensive, even with the holiday rate increase. We stayed in two different rooms in the motel and both were okay. We had no problems with sheets, towels, keys, shower &c. A room for two was cheaper than the price for two people to stay in bunk beds at the hostel and offered much more privacy.

At night it became pretty loud with people hanging around outside until late at night, which you notice when you're on the ground floor. We had no use for the pool, so its small size was not an issue. Parking incurred a fee, which the desk clerk waived for us because we were on a budget. They were very flexible about prices.

When I first arrived I got a high fever and the maintenance man came in to check on the smoke detector, I spoke to him about my fever and he was very kind and offered to call a taxicab for me if I wanted to go to the hospital. He called my room with the phone number for a taxi driver he knew personally. He also asked how I was a couple of days later. The people I interacted with were really nice and accomodating.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was nicer, brighter, quieter and smelled better than our ground floor room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

For such a good location, this place is disgusting. I knew something was up when I first pulled up and saw the demographic that was hanging out of their doors - kind of scary shall we say. Now I'm not a crusty upperclass person, but I do have some standards, and the Sun Dial falls way short of them. Sort of made me think of what an abonded crack house might look like. The small pool by the dumpster is a joke, no one was in it during July 4 week. The room was disgusting - dirty, dank, and old. Our lock didn't work at first, which is evidently a common occurance. There was a greasy disposable tin left in the oven from when a previous tenant evidently cooked some of those frozen hamburgers that you buy at the grocery store. I took my wife and son to this aberration- never again. Better suited for not-well-to-do folks and 20-something guys who don't care where they stay - families beware. A nice enough staff could not make up for the fact that you'll get the heeby jeebies just from staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Stuarts Draft, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend Sunday. No reservations need. I called ahead For availabilities 4 hours ahead and price. Double Queen/ 3 adults, 1 night. $199.00 plus tax was the quote. We drove 5 hours and traffic was crazy beach side and pedestrians crowding every inch of sidewalk. We stop at 1 hotel and they had King Suite with fold out couch for $350.00. I counted out 350.00 cash and they then wanted a credit card for a deposit of $100.00, I said we can't use credit card, could I just give cash, response was a polite no, so I said if I doubled it and didn't requirer refund they still said no. So they give up $550.00 for 3 50ish Christian adults, I being a Minister. (so we don't use ministry cards for personal charges). So back to traffic and 90 degree heat. 1 block away I saw Sundial Inn and even had address still in pocket from 5 hours before. So I enter and they no longer had Double Queen/ 3 adults, 1 night, but they had an efficiency King size and fold out couch, and would be happy to rent for same quoted price. I got room and my wife and I and a church friend walked in to room and it was great, beautiful paint choose and great deco, clean kitchenette with dishes and cookware, coffe maker, blender, micro, toaster, iron and iron board, hair dryer, safe.granite counter tops and a stand at granite counter bar. beautiful furniture. We called down for linen for couch and they responded to door within 5 minutes. We dealt with 3 nationalities and everyone was so polite and courteous. So a high dollar fancy beachside hotel turned down $550.00 and all the revenue of a pricy dinner for 3 and tipping and morning spa for 2 and rental of all beach reqired stuff like chairs, lounges, umbrella, large 4 wheel family bike and parking fees. And this 1 block off beach gave us free parking, same size suite and wonderful hospitality for a meer $216.00 after tax. we started with a $1000.00 was willing to spend all and went home with $700.00. we are plannig another trip next month and will plan ahead and diffenently use Sundial Inn again and this time we are staying for 3 days. Thanks Sundial Inn.

Room Tip: small quaint King efficiency room, great deco and design, dark, subtle. air. room 101, perfect for s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency? Share your experiences!