“hope I don't get dissapointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency

You added Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency to your Saves list
Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   308 21st Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #78 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Bowie, Maryland
“hope I don't get dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

well I haven't gone yet to sundial but I will next week so I'm hoping when I come back I can write a good review about this place. Iv'e seen good reviews so we will see. Plus im traveling with my girlfriend and she is a germaphobic person so hopefully she approves lol. well I will keep u updated my friends. till later

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We have stayed at many hotels due to frequent travel and we must say that this hotel was by far the worst. At more than $100 a night, you might as well splurge and spend extra to at least meet your expectations. Bed, parking, appearance, price, cleanliness, services and customer service are all below the 1star rating. Virginia Beach is a beautiful place that has been marred by greedy hotel owners such as the Sundial Inn.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

awesomeeee location right across from the club and you can walk any where. more of a party hotel then a family. but if your a college student ready to party. this is the place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

This isnt the Ritz, and the pictures make it look at little nicer...Upon arrival the parking lot was soooooo jammed packed it was hard to drive in and find a spot (thats when we learned they also rented out spots for the day) we were told on the phone that we were allowed to check it at 1pm. At 1245ish when we got here we went ahead and checked in and were told we couldnt get in our rooms until 3 or after. I said wait we were told 1 so she said she would call us when our rooms were ready and in like 5min she came out to us in the parking lot and said rooms were ready. However she did seem like she was drinking or on drugs by her actions. We came in and did our normal "bug" check and "sheet" check. No bugs and sheets smelled clean as well as comforter. Shower is very narrow but the water pressure is AMAZING!!! Its very close to the beach and everything, right next to McD's Fridge and micro worked great. We were also told on the phone that we would have ajoining rooms, well at check in we were told the hotel doesnt have any. Well...one of our rooms was an ajoining room to another room?? So staff seems a little "odd". There are people that live there. Pool area is small and opens around 10 closes about 9. Rooms were spacious, we had a pack and play with us and still had tons of room to walk. On the outdated side. The maintence man....he is super man!!! He is soooooooo friendly and works his little tail off we went to sleep about 12 and he was still out going and at 8 the next morning he was up and at it again. He was the nicest staff we encountered here. In one of our rooms you could here ALL the outside noise but the other wasnt like that. I would recomend staying here however I wont stay here again, just not our "cup of tea". Also we got the free WIFI all we had todo was ask staff for password. Hope this helped!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Paterson, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I went to VA Beach with family for the weekend ( 13 y ,3y, & 2y,) !! we stayed in an efficiency room(with kitchenette)... The location was close to the beach (great) the accomedations(not so great) ,But it served its purpose a place to sleep and eat would have saved the exta cash on food because it's right next door to a verry busy McDonalds...and Our room was on that side!!! and I kept itching because I was tinking about a prev Review..( I did not see any bed bugs I checked very well) .the Kitchen was ok- there wasn't any dish detergent and the Pots , pans and silverwere were out dated (thin metal )...all in all spend the $$ for the Family and keep this for a Girls or Guys weekend!! OH and I couldnt get the free Wi-Fi they said was avail. even after I went to the front dest for help .....but i did get it fron McDonalds(LOL)

Room Tip: save $$ and get a Reg Room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed Monday-Saturday June 27-Jul 2, 2011. There were 15 of us in 3 efficiency rooms. The rooms were perfect-Full Kitchen, water pressure was great, always hot water, there was a small in ground pool-great for kids, the location was great-it was a block and a half away from the ocean, it wasn't too noisy, the manager was very accomodating-in the one room the fridge wasnt really cold-it was switched out immediately, in another room the safe was locked and our kids started hitting the buttons an error came up and we couldn't get back in, the manager was there within 5 minutes...I dont understand the negative reviews, is this a 5 star hotel, no it's a budget motel with everything you need.

Room Tip: Our rooms were 304, 308, & 309
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Just returned from a Memorial Day weekend visit to the Sundail Motel and for the price you couldn't beat the accomadations. My room was CLEAN and you could tell the kitchen counters and bathroom seemed realatively new. The dresser was old, but not in bad condtion. My room had a full kitchen which was nice to save a little money on meals. The people who worked the front desk and the hotel manager could not have been more helpful during our stay. Now if you're looking for a resort atmosphere in a plush swanky hotel this is probably not the place for you. But if you want a clean hotel, close to the beach (about 1.5 blocks) for a really good price you should check this place out.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency? Share your experiences!