“Absolutely decadent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Swan Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,256 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Centerville Turnpike
Description: 'Fresh, local cuisine with a touch of Southern elegance.' The award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant takes guests on a sensory journey inspired by both regional and authentic Colonial dishes. The menu features locally grown fruits, vegetables and the freshest seafood as well as prime beef, lamb and pork prepared to perfection. Dine by the fireplace or alfresco on the lakeside terrace.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Absolutely decadent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure to attend "Mouthwatering Mondays." This month's theme was based on Australian fare. All I can say is that each offering was absolutely decadent! From the kangaroo sliders, to the Wagu beef, each and every course was was a truly remarkable experience. The food was incredible, but the wine pairings elevated my dining experience to new heights!! The chefs are true masters of their craft, and the waitstaff was an absolute joy! If you are looking for a true fine dining experience, The Swan Terrace gets my highest recommendation.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear JOrtiz,
Thank you for taking time to visit us on trip advisor and let us know about your experience with our G'Day USA Mouth Watering Monday Wine Dinner. I also tried each dish and was pleasantly surprised by the Kanagroo Sliders. Each month has a different theme where the food is paired by wine experts to go with each course. The February Mouth Watering Monday is "The Way of The Gaucho" It is an Argentinian Asado Grill Theme with Argentinian Wines. The Waitstaff train to prepare for our special event dinners in order to best care for our guests. I hope that you are able to join us again in the future.
Cheryl Roberts
Asst. Restaurant Manager

virginia Beach virginia
“Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

It HAD been a tradition for us to take our small office to the Swan Terrace as a Christmas celebration. The operative word is had.
We have been coming here for at least 16 years and I, and the staff, always looked forward to the event. However, when I arrived for our 1:00 lunch reservation, the tone seemed more like it was 3:00. There were many empty tables and the atmosphere lacked the joy and frivolity of prior years. There also seemed to be much less food than I remembered. I asked the Maitre de about this and he responded that there were fewer reservations this year. A bit later I could see why.
While I felt the food had slipped last year, despite a rise in price, this year the lack of quality was far more apparent. The price went up again, to $19 a person, but the food was in an inverse proportion to the price increase.
The salads were decent. Not as fresh and as bountiful as before. Fewer dressing choices, and some wilted lettuce. The soup I had, pumpkin soup, was also good. But I enjoyed better the night before at Sonomas, but quite potable.
Unfortunately, the food after that sunk to an abysmal level. The meat dish was totally unacceptable, as it was tough and inedible. The chicken dish was only so-so and the ham dish, according to our staff who tried it was not good at all. Unlike years past, there was not a fish or pasta dish. One needed a knife and fork to cut the tasteless string beans. The vegetable choice was sparse.
As I wended down the buffet line, nearly empty, unlike past years ( and I can see why), things got worse when I hit the desert part of the buffet. The fruit tray was a joke: the watermelon was soggy, two scrawny pineapples and the honeydew was not ripe. One would have hoped the fruit tray had been replenished but it had not. The bread pudding was the only decent desert, although the sauce was empty ( and had not been refilled). The chocolate cake was bland and if there had been a sweet potato pie, it was not longer there long and its substitute was MIA. The kicker might have been the store bought Christmas cookies which look like they had been picked up on sale at B'J''s.
We exchanged gifts as we always did. Our wonderful office staff thanked us very much, but later they all expressed disappointment over the food.
All in all, we were very disappointed. The lunch cost us $200 ( including the 20% added on gratuity). We felt we had been taken.
We are searching for another restaurant for next year's Christmas celebration.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Holiday Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I recently had dinner at the Swan Terrace and it was awesome as normal but this time around was even a step above as my coworkers and I were treated to items from their new menu!! We started w/ appetizers that consisted of fried pork belly and crab cakes. Our entrees consisted of the choice of rockfish w/ risotto, roasted chicken w/ duck fat fries or the prime rib. Our party of 15 pretty much had an even split but everyone cleaned their plates!! Chef Himes & Chef Scott truly out did themselves. Throw in the outstanding service of our waiter Tristan and the wonderful decor compliments of the Founder's Inn and I give or event a perfect 10!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Good Evening BTHT,

Thank you for taking your time in a busy Holiday season to leave a review. The team at the Swan Terrace Grill is pleased that we were able to take care of your group event. I am thrilled to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the offerings from the new menu that Chef prepared. Our goal is that every guest joining us feels like their night was a perfect 10 and I am glad for your group we met that goal. We look forward to having you join us again in the future. When you join us again I would recommend the Bone-in Ribeye or the Beef & Bone in order to try some different items from our new menu.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The food was wonderful and the service matched! All meals served to our table came out great and delicious. Great experience all together

Good Evening John H,

The team at the Swan Terrace Grill is pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review to let us know how we took care of you and your guests. We hope to see you back in the Swan Terrace Grill in the future.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Dinner at Swan Terrace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We recently had dinner at the swan terrace and it was as always truly wonderful. The food is impeccable, the chef's are willing to accommodate and they offer a wide variety of delicious food. We frequent the restaurant and have always found it a five star dining feast.

• Visited November 2013
Good Afternoon Ditedoro,

Thank you for taking time to let the team at the Swan Terrace Grill know about your dining experience. We are pleased to hear that you are frequent guests and have enjoyed the offerings provided by our Chef and service staff. We look forward to having you join us again in the future.