“Nice-Quaint Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sea Gull Inn Oceanfront to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Sea Gull Inn Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #71 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Ruckersville, Virginia
“Nice-Quaint Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great location and the price was very reasonable, Housekeeping does a great job. Parking is a little bit of an issue but you're at the beach -- so walking is expected. I would stay here again. The staff was helpful. It's an older motel but maintained well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you are on a budget like myself I would definitely recommend this place to you. It is kid friendly which I could appreciate with two kids of my own. Its right on the board walk and the hotel is very tidy. It does not have the greatest facade but who cares. All I wanted was a clean room, clean bathroom, a pool for my kids and no bed bugs. They met all of my requirements. I would definitely stay here again some time in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great Location right on the beach and a short walk to everything. The beach was so clean and a short walk to the water! Rooms were a little dated but everything was Clean, clean, clean! The beds were a little harder than we are used to but we slept well. Everything was very clean and looked freshly painted, even at the end of the season. Room equiped with a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, iron, and hairdryer. The restaurant, Little Feet, served a great breakfast for a fair price. Staff was curteous and polite. Parking is a little tricky, especially on the weekend but we always found a spot. We stayed for a week and will return here next year. Great value and venue for a little motel not associated with a chain. Love it here.

Room Tip: 4th floor has a great balcony with an oceanview.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke Rapids, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We traveled there this labor day weekend(2012). We stayed one night luckily. The rooms are really small and very outdated. Fairly clean but reeked of smoke. Pool was very small. Parking is not fun. Unless you are one of the first 20 vehicles there you will have a nice long leisurely walk to the additional parking! I don't think we will stay again.

Room Tip: Don't wait until the last minute to book and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We drove for 8 hours to get to the beach. When arriving, there was NO where to park. The hotel had very limited parking, like 15 spaces, four for handicap. They do have a parking lot a block and a half away. Not impressed at all. The room was way overpriced for what we received. The bathroom tiles were dirty. The coffee maker did not work properly. Beds were not comfortable. Very dingy room for the price The front staff not friendly or helpful. Would not refer anyone to this hotel.....

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors or better yet, pick a different hotel....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

First and foremost, the location of the hotel is fantastic. It is right in the middle of all the atlantic avenue attractions and a short walk to shops, restaurants, and the fishing pier. Hotel staff was friendly and housekeeping was attentive. We had a king suite with an oceanfront view that was spectacular, however we did not have a balcony. room and bathroom was a little small and needed updating but it was still more than sufficient. Roof top sundeck, hot tub, and pool are nice features. After reading reviews I expected the parking situation to be ridiculous but the auxillary lot is only like a block away. I had a great stay and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Crescent Springs, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

After driving 12 hours and looking forward to staying at the Sea Gull Inn, Va Bch, we get there and find after checking in there is no parking spots on site. At check in I was charged for future nights of stay. They were quick to run my card and your thinking you are signing for the hotel stay where you are really SIGNING AWAY ALL YOUR RIGHTS. I've never heard of being charged before you stay. Should have been tipped off then. The guy pointed across the street for parking as I had discovered there were no opening in the lot the office was located. VERY MISLEADING, after driving across the street and not finding signage we looked further only to discover it was across the street and across another street, plus a main thoroughfare and another partial block behind what appears to be an abandoned building or under construction with barbed wire fence. Oh now that makes you feel safe, right.
To add insult I returned to the office to voice my concern that I did not feel safe I would be commuting in the evening. The manager refused to refund the first night. To my dissatisfaction about the parking and after re-assessing I noticed a strip of bicycles along the edge of lot and 2 large bikes in the last parking spot closest to the beach. I asked if he could move the bikes to accommodate parking. The manager said no, I then asked "are the bikes more important that your patrons" his reply was "yes, those bikes bring in more than $100,000.00 a year". Thank you FNM, classic!
The next morning I called Bookings, com, bottom line Sea Gull Inn says Bookings.com would have to give refund, Bookings.com says it's Sea Gull Inn's decision. Even more interesting Bookings.com was told by Sea Gull Management they never have on site parking for patrons of Sea Gull Inn they always had to park offsite. Well, if you look at the Sea Gull Inn website unless they have changed since I made hotel arrangements iand filed this complaint t clearly states under " Enjoy what we have to offer.... On-site parking & auxillary lot 1 1/2 blocks away. We never made it to the room, if they were anything like the visit with the front desk and the parking I say, KEEP LOOKING, WHAT YOU SEE IS NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU GET and absolutely DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING. The hotel down the street was more than happy to accommodate our needs and guess what, it was cheaper than Sea Gull Inn.

Thank you for allowing me to voice my concerns to any future victims, oh I'm sorry patrons.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Gull Inn Oceanfront? Share your experiences!