“Food is Good... BUT....” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Otani Steak & Seafood
1532 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23451-6112 (Northeast Virginia Beach)
757-425-0404
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Otani Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 1,159 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Food is Good... BUT....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have gone to this particular establishment at least 6 times over the past two years and the food was really good and the chefs were really good. However, the last time I went while I was eating I saw a cockroach that had to be several inches long crawling on the wall. I couldn't eat after that and then to try to calm us down the offered free ice cream ha ha. Needless to say, despite how yummy it was I will never go back...

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very dark inside. Chef came out before our appetizers were served and he also cooked the lobster too long. Very dry. Waitress very nice, but didn't overcome the chaos of not doing things properly in order. Save your money and either grill at home or do takeout Chinese food. Way overpriced. I wouldn't go back for sure. Totally not worth it. There are better in Virginia Beach.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Metro D.C. area
“Service pleasant, food pathetic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My only point of comparison is our local Sakura's restaurant. I expected a similar dining experience at Otani's. Although the menu was very similar (beef-broth-based soup, ginger dressing-topped salad and hibachi grilled shrimp, scallops and chicken with dipping sauces)--the flavor was missing. Everything was dry and tasteless. For two people for the above mentioned menu, with iced tea and one glass of plum wine, with tax and tip, we paid $58.00. I would rather have had a burger, fries and side-salad from Wendy's.

Visited August 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
“Great Fun, Great Food, But Slow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We ordered the scallops, beef (my son said it was filet mignon) and two orders orders of chicken as well as steamed and fried rice. The food was excellent and the chef was very entertaining and talented. But, it took a long time before the food was made. I don't blame the wait on the chef, but the management. Since we did enjoy everything once it was underway, we would eat here again. We would just choose a less busy time.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Similar to Benihana's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Love it. Very good food. We came from out of town and thought it was similar to a Benihana's.

Visited June 2012