“Love this spot !” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,256 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The local’s oceanfront favorite for fresh and local seafood, hand-made sushi, great service, rockin’ patio dining with fabulous views, easy access with free parking, and good times plus MahPalooza 7th Street stage entertainment in season.
New York
“Love this spot !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the Ramada during our first trip to Va Beach and only ate breakfast at the Mahi Mah's....nothing special there (maybe Im spoiled because I'm French).We decided to give it another try during our second trip.Went there two times for lunch...definitely worth it.Great staff, great food.They had an oyster-wings happy hour , my husband definitely enjoyed it !

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gold Key P, Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. I really hope you enjoyed your stay while in Virginia Beach and thank you for making Mahi Mah's a part of your visit. Please be sure to come back and see us next time you are in town. Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you soon.

Newport News, Virginia
“A little disappointed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had high expectations due to to word of mouth and other reviews, but our experience did not quite live up. We went during a sort of a lull...a little early for dinner but after lunch. The service was average, the food was average and the ambience was average. There was not a real problem per se, but nothing stood out...just ok. So it was a little expensive for what we got. I would not tell anyone not to go...their experience might be better. But I would not go back any time soon.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gold Key P, General Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Good afternoon,

I am writing in response to your recent visit to Mahi Mah's. We pride ourselves on creating a fantastic dining experience for all our guests and while you stated there were no issues with your experience, it also did not live up to your expectations or ours. I would like to invite you back to the restaurant to see why we are so highly recommended. I really appreciate your honest comments on Trip Advisor. It allows us to understand your position and gives us the chance to make improvements to our restaurant. Please email me at scott.farrar@phrinc.com and send me your address. I will happily mail you a gift card that you can use at Mahi Mah's if you decide to return. Thank you very much for your time and I hope we will see you at Mahi Mah's again.

Scott Farrar
“See server Nigel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Virginia Beach for more than 15 yrs now and Mahi Mah's is our favorite restaurant next to our resort. We look forward to going there for lunch, happy hour, and dinner we have a server by the name of Nigel (now a close friend) and us by far the best server we have ever had. So if you are ever in VB stop by and see the best server on the beach!
Chris and Shelley Reynolds

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gold Key P, Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review on Trip Advisor. I hope you enjoyed your stay while in Virginia Beach and thank you for making Mahi Mah's a part of your visit. We are truly lucky to have Nigel as a part of the Mahi Mah's team and I will pass along the compliment to him. Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you next time we are in town.

Hampton, Virginia
“Not what we expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

A lazy Sunday afternoon treat to have lunch here. We picked a good time for valet parking and seating.
Happy hour on Sunday starts early because of football games. Draft beer and oysters were great however the oyster fork was missing and it took 5 min to get them while we enjoyed looking at our oysters. How complicated would that be to deliver the forks with the oysters. After such a long wait the waitress answer was not an apology but a statement like what are you fretting about!!! The next course was a fried seafood platter for $32 for lunchtime prices. The crabcake was wonderful but the shrimp was overcooked and panko tasted bitter. Another complaint. The waitress never checked on us even though the place was not busy. Hey guys. We love your place but you could do much better. We will try again. This time of the year you should take care of your local patrons.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
First let me tell you that I am very sorry for the disappointing visit you had with us at Mahi Mah's. We take our on-line reviews very serious and it is disappointing that it was the service that ruined your experience. It is very untypical for anyone not to be happy with the wait staff here at Mah's, but mistakes do happen and we will continue to train and get better until we reach our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. Please give us another try and I am confident that your next visit will be a positive one. Thank you again for showing concern and we hope to see you again soon.

“Ask for Chalisa!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was in town for the Backstreet Boys concert and decided to stop by Mahi Mahs. It was my first time there, and I was in the mood for crab cakes. I couldn't decide what to get with it and Chalisa suggested greens. I'm glad she did because they were awesome! Aside from the food, Chalisa gave GREAT service! She connects with the customers and keeps them happy. I'll definitely come back and sit at the bar thanks to her!

Gold Key P, Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. I really hope you were able to enjoy the Backstreet Boys concert! I will pass along the compliments to Chalisa about the great service she gave you. Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you again next time you are in town.