“Delicious Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denny's
5720 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23455 (Northwest Virginia Beach)
(757) 460-8536
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Bristol, Virginia
“Delicious Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We don't have a Denny's Restaurant close enough to consider when we go out to eat, so we were interested in trying this one which was very close to where we stayed. Our hotel only offered pastries and coffee for breakfast and we wanted a more complete breakfast. We were so pleased with the breakfast and service, that we also chose to dine here the morning we left. The servers were friendly and professional. The service was prompt, the food and coffee/juice delicious. Both mornings we had the Red, White & Blue pancakes and hubby added eggs, hashbrowns and sausages the second morning. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the fruit on and in the pancakes was sweet and fresh. Hubby even commented his hashbrowns were fried to perfection without being a greasy mess like we've both had at other restaurants.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Richmond, Virginia
“Ok for the area! Visit was 07-17-13”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had just arrived to this area of Virginia Beach for a one night stay for a business meeting! I saw this Denny's and made my day! 5 pm and I was very hungry, the young lady was the only one on duty at the time, she was very friendly and pleasant to chat with! The food was very good and made my tummy happy! Price was fair, restaurant was a little out dated and looked like the carpet need a good cleaning or replaced! But the Dinning experience was ok!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Coffee shop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's a Denny's. What can I say? The food is average, but it's usually pretty good. The quality of the service varies between restaurants. The restaurant on Virginia Beach Blvd consistently had poor service while the restaurant on Newtown Road had much better service. The to-go service doesn't do so well because of long waits, menu items ordered are not what we received. On a positive note, we like that we're able to get a 20% discount after 4pm with our AARP card.

Visited May 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Above and beyond - literally!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I love Denny's All American Slam breakfast. On our recent stay in Virginia Beach, we stayed at a hotel that was right behind a Denny's.

Because of the terrible parking at the hotel, we were afraid to leave to go to dinner because we didn't think we would get a parking space when we came back. But, physically, walking far distances for both my sister and me is a challenge. I was thinking out loud in the room and told my sister, "I sure do wish Denny's delivered, because I sure would order a load of food!" She said, "Well call them and just see..." So I did, and they did!

The manager answered the phone, I told him our situation, and he delivered our meal right to our door! I tipped him almost as much as the meal because we were so surprised and appreciative. He said this may be the start of something new for them - delivery to the hotel! LOL

The food was wonderful, the service fabulous and the gesture truly appreciated!!!

• Visited May 2013
Chula Vista, California
“Clean and great service. Kept my water filled and took my order within a minute of sitting down.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Cookies and Cream Shake was amazing. Steak was typical Denny's but cooked exactly the way I liked it.

Visited November 2012