“Awful!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alexander's on the Bay - CLOSED

Alexander's on the Bay
4536 Ocean View Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23455-1433 (Northwest Virginia Beach)
757-464-4999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Description: Alexander's on the Bay is a Iconic restaurant destination presented against the panoramic backdrop of the Chesapeake Bay. With over 25 years of service to the public Alexander's staff has been preparing creative offerings of fresh seafood,steaks and pasta dishes totally from scratch.Come in and enjoy a world class bar and wine list to match. Alexander's on the Bay is available for weddings,as well as private and corporate functions held on site or catered at your location. Enjoy the million dollar view from any table. Any closer you will be on the sand.
“Awful!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were there on July 4th 2013, The worst meal ever!! From beginning to end You know your in trouble when the waiter has a sarcastic tone to follow it by pouring your chardonnay full to the brim of your wine glass. Ordered Oysters Rockefellow only to hear sorry we are out of Oysters. Second choice Brie cheese that was served as a eighth of a pie with 2 orange slices and 2 green apples slices, what no crackers?? Entree of 2 softshell crabs came on a appetizer plate, maybe 3 inches of crab. Rice that was the scrappings of the bottom of the pot and roasted red potatoes that sounded like golf balls hitting the dinner plate. Pass on the dessert :-(

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Disappointing to say the least...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife's parent's came for the weekend and wanted to take us to a nice dinner, and we went to what was supposed to be a beautiful Chesapeake Bay fine dining experience. The dining room was clean, and the view of the bay was very nice. Our Server was a rookie and had no clue the difference between Mahi-Mahi and Tuna was. He seemed to think they were one in the same. His exact words were "we get the tuna from mahi".... One of their signature menu Items was a roasted duckling which excited my father in law and again we were disappointed because they were "Sold Out" The bottle of wine we picked from the wine list they "Didn't Have Anymore"

The food was Bland - The Tuna steak was frozen - Trust me
We tried the Lobster Bisque - It was chalky - like it had been re-warmed for days
My wife's mother had something that was supposed to be the "Mahi-Mahi" but the fish looked dark and old. She took one bite and that was it.

We should have done our homework and saved over $200... This Place Won't Make It Long!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“First Time Bad Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was my and my husband's first time at this restaurant. We were there with my daughter, granddaughter, and a friend, a total of 5 of us, celebrating 2 birthdays and fathers day. The place looked nice, a scenic view of the bay, which soon fizzled from a pleasant dinner to a very uncomfortable, tense dinner for all of us. A very rude male waiter with sarcastic remarks to the customers pursued. He acted like he was upset because he had to get a table ready for us although we had a reservation. Said to us, "I'm just the lowly waiter that works for nothing!" I asked, "Really?" and he tossed me a pissed off look. Since this was our first time there and we were not familiar with the menu and took a few extra minutes to look it over he became perturb because he had to come back to the table twice. So the second time, he stood there with pencil poised and my daughter said, "Oh, I'm not quite ready," and he chimed in, "That's why they call us waiters...we wait," and he would not leave the table until she finally ordered. Then he quickly snatched up the menues and threw them up on the counter. Tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. This nasty waiter was also nasty to other customers as well, not just us. He seemed to be upset that our 4 year old granddaughter was with us, whom was well behaved while there. The food wasn't all that great for the price they charge. I have had better at other restaurants. The next day my daughter contacted the restaurant manager by email and wrote a complaint, which she never got a response from. Management just doesn't seem to care and since they don't I will not be back. We can be verbally abused and harassed elsewhere and for a lot cheaper price.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“What a shame!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The appetizer, calamari, was the best part of the meal unfortunately. Our seafood was supposed to be broiled but I think it was boiled, and the oysters Rockefeller tasted like it had something maple in it. Odd! Our desert was the lava cake and it was dry and old; terrible texture. It should have been moist. We were disappointed, since our bill was over $100. Besides the view, the restaurant really has nothing going for it. Years ago it was good. Not any more!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Don't waste your $$$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This used to be a good restaurant, now the food is not even as good as red lobster!

Save your money, this restaurant sucks!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere