“Great Italian Family Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Reginella's Italian Restaurant

Reginella's Italian Restaurant
4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 (North Central)
(757) 498-9770
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Central
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Italian Family Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic Italian food, Reginella's is the place for you. Quite busy when we visited the place, but the service is still good. The food is definitely tasty. Keep a great appetite when you visit as the servings, as all Italian Family Restaurants, are huge. For starters, the bread is amazing. Ask for the oil and vinegar dip for it. It will make it heavenly.

Visited June 2014

Virginia Beach
“Solid and affordable ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have a confession. I worked here as a bus boy as a teenager. It was my first job and I quit after a week. Food service just wasn't for me. But I can attest to the kitchen being clean. The place is not too far from town center and they've been in business almost two decades. They serve really good bread before dinner and their house salad dressing is one of my favorites. You can't go wrong with pasta dishes or their pizza. The owner is from Naples so it has a touch of Italy. I are here after my body building show 4 years ago. Pizza never tasted so good.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Weeknight Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We arrived rather early for dinner, but we were not the first to arrive. Reginella’s is a full-menu Italian restaurant, offering most Italian dishes you can think of. Bread is served with the meal and we were informed they bake their own in the restaurant. I was a little surprised it was served with butter, rather than olive oil.

This local restaurant was quickly filling, as several parties arrived. A good crowd is always a sign of good food and it was quite busy for a Monday night. The staff was great!

We ordered Veal Marsala, and a pizza (14”). The veal came with a side of pasta, thus can be a pretty big meal. It was quite good, but I’ve had better, but at much higher prices. Even before ordering, we’d planned on taking most of the pizza home. There are numerous other dishes on the menu; I’d like to try, so we’ll be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“Great - affordable - Italian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Was looking for a good meal in Virginia Beach in a relaxed environment at a reasonable. First came across Reginella's on the the AAdvantage Dining site. Then checked TA and decided to go for it.
The three of us arrived early on a Sunday evening and promptly seated in a corner booth where I could watch the days sports highlights on one of the several large screens. The dining area was around 50% full and the noise level hardly noticeable. Our server came by quickly and took our drink orders. In the interim, we struggled a bit with our food choices. I wanted to go with the margherita pizza and salad. The menu indicated that that type of pizza was only available in a 14 inch size, probably not going to cut it for three if us. Fortunately when our server returned with drinks, she advised that we could get a 16 incher. Great - so went with that - and a single insalata di mare which our server agreed could work for three.
The salad came out in few moments. Was indeed large enough and very tasty. And the pizza was awesome. One of the better ones we've had on this side of the Atlantic in a long time.
The tab - just over $30 less tip.
Reginella's clearly met all of our requirements. Looking forward to another visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, PA
“Really, It's Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Grabbed a quick dinner at Reginella's Italian Ristorante in Virginia Beach. It's located in a strip center and has a commonplace exterior. Inside, the overall structure is good and is quite spacious. Unfortunately, it's in need of updating. The vinyl red and white checkered tablecloth at my table had outlived its useful life and should be replaced. The whole thing has a bit of an 80s feel.

Reginella's has a broad menu offering pizza, subs, salads and more formal Italian dishes. I opted for a small italian stromboli priced at about $8. The stromboli was good but not exceptional. It actually had ham cubes in it and other cut up shards of lunchmeat. I've never seen this approach to a stromboli as it usually comes with full slices of meat. As I mentioned, the taste was fine; it just looked funny on the inside. On the bright side, the sauce came on the side and was very good. This leads me to believe some of their other menu items may be good choices. It's all about the sauce in an Italian restaurant. I wouldn't rush back to this restaurant but I would return in a pinch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere